• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've been going back through BotW and had my own sort of Surviving Edged Weapons moment when I realized that it was produced in my hometown.

hgEFxhr.png

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what's the catch in releasing it on a saturday morning when I can actually watch it like now? Do I have AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA reason not to watch it?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely happy. I thought they had a fight or something because Jack is the unofficial 4th member and he hasn't been around in so long. I'm glad he's back.

I just assume he was busy with his own life and family.

And yes the Canon order is
Mike
Jay
Rich
Jack
Josh

Edit: for those who don't recognize him, that's Tim Higgins. He's a friend of the group and appears in their movies and shit. I think he even played JJ Abrams in the Plinkett skit?

Last edited:

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
25:53, 31:35, 44:23: Aha, so Americans DO clap during movies after all! I knew it!

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Also I'm glad to see Tim back. He's fun and adds a newish perspective. Happy to see him in the rotation of guys and guests.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm glad to see Tim back. He's fun and adds a newish perspective. Happy to see him in the rotation of guys and guests.
Do we really count it as a rotation when it's been like 2 BotW episodes? Unless I'm not remembering another. But yeah, I like him. He was a bit awkward at the start, but so was Jim for the longest time. It makes sense that some are a tad camera shy.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Tim was a fucking wet blanket that added nothing interesting to the conversation. Of all the botw guest they've had he is easily the worst. Maybe he can grow into it more like Freddie Williams did but blah I won't be upset if Tim never shows up again.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tim got better as the episode went on, but yeah, missed Mike on the panel.
I say it's worth giving him a chance. We have at least 2 other somewhat irregular guests in botw who started out awkward as shit in the discussion board. Tim was basically quiet right at the start and then kept making jokes. Not all were necessarily a hit. And it's not like Jim or Len were gold right from the start. Both had that trial period they had to get used to the guys and discussing in front a camera for an audience that isn't necessarily theirs and will be judging them heavily.

Only guests that felt immediately comfortable with the guys were Collin, Max Landis, and Maucalay.

I don't know they insist on only having a 4 person discussion board. We've seen they have done 5 before, and the dynamic or energy wasn't so different compared to 4. It's not like the camera needs any work while they are discussing, just make sure it's running and pointing in the right direction with a quick check at the start. Only issue would be to check if the audio equipment stops working mid way through but there has to be ways to check this remotely.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I say it's worth giving him a chance. We have at least 2 other somewhat irregular guests in botw who started out awkward as shit in the discussion board. Tim was basically quiet right at the start and then kept making jokes. Not all were necessarily a hit. And it's not like Jim or Len were gold right from the start. Both had that trial period they had to get used to the guys and discussing in front a camera for an audience that isn't necessarily theirs and will be judging them heavily.

Only guests that felt immediately comfortable with the guys were Collin, Max Landis, and Maucalay.

I don't know they insist on only having a 4 person discussion board. We've seen they have done 5 before, and the dynamic or energy wasn't so different compared to 4. It's not like the camera needs any work while they are discussing, just make sure it's running and pointing in the right direction with a quick check at the start. Only issue would be to check if the audio equipment stops working mid way through but there has to be ways to check this remotely.
Because he just spoke over everybody

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
look the only thing I liked about Max Landis is that he gave us that great Rich explaining the movie scene. He was the only reason Rich kept going. I don't think anybody else among the guests could have done that.

But yeah he was absolutely obnoxious otherwise. And his hypocritical 180 on the RLM guys when they invited him over was baaaad. Not like he's ever going to show up again. The guys might have their blindspot with the issue of reprsentation, but they aren't going to bring back a guy who got #metood.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
look the only thing I liked about Max Landis is that he gave us that great Rich explaining the movie scene. He was the only reason Rich kept going. I don't think anybody else among the guests could have done that.

But yeah he was absolutely obnoxious otherwise. And his hypocritical 180 on the RLM guys when they invited him over was baaaad. Not like he's ever going to show up again. The guys might have their blindspot with the issue of reprsentation, but they aren't going to bring back a guy who got #metood.
Wait, whats this/

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
do you not remember when the RLM guys talked shit about American Ultra on HitB which caused Max Landis to go on a twitter crusade over how their opinion was shit and that they didn't know what they were talking about and basically talk smack about them.

This eventually lead to them directly inviting him to come over on Twitter, and all of a sudden he was no longer a scorned lover he went full on fanboy mode which is what we see in the episode where he's trying WAY too hard to be liked them lmao

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do you not remember when the RLM guys talked shit about American Ultra on HitB which caused Max Landis to go on a twitter crusade over how their opinion was shit and that they didn't know what they were talking about and basically talk smack about them.

This eventually lead to them directly inviting him to come over on Twitter, and all of a sudden he was no longer a scorned lover he went full on fanboy mode which is what we see in the episode where he's trying WAY too hard to be liked them lmao
I remember this event taking place.

That is all.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

No, because I actively avoid the cretin

Oct 25, 2017
"There's a strange literary reference in the film"

"Yeah Soma from Brave New World!"

"Anyways so Kilgore does this, Kilgore does that..."

:P

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Actually, he didn't really do a 180 on RLM.

Critics savaged American Ultra, which bombed. So Max Landis went on a rant on twitter about how nobody wants original IPs anymore.

Late to the party, RLM tore into American Ultra, and decided to chime in on the twitter controversy, pointing out how Max Landis was wrong. New IPs still get made, and they still succeed. Max Landis is just making excuses for the bombing of his badly-written movie.

Max Landis responded to the RLM review on twitter, saying that RLM misunderstood what he was trying to say in his twitter rant, and that it hurt his feelings to have RLM say harsh things about him (more than other reviewers, who he easily dismisses), because he's a fan of RLM.

Then RLM invited him to appear on their show and expand on whatever it was that he was trying to say that they apparently didn't understand, and Max Landis went full fanboy.

From the soapbox RLM offered him, Max Landis complained about how studios are extremely hesitant to put money behind original IPs, because they're trying to calculate and predict box office returns in order to make safe investments, but the box office keeps breaking rules and defying expectations, which sends studios into a panic. He says that's more what he was talking about, rather than American Ultra specifically. Also, he claimed that American Ultra was better in the script phase, but it was negatively affected by executive meddling, as all scripts in Hollywood are, because executives are constantly flailing around, messing with things, desperate to protect their multi-million dollar investments. So while RLM can criticize stories, they should probably avoid criticizing writers, because Hollywood is a fucked up place, and writers don't really play the role in Hollywood that most people logically think they should play.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Critics savaged American Ultra, which bombed. So Max Landis went on a rant on twitter about how nobody wants original IPs anymore.

Late to the party, RLM tore into American Ultra, and decided to chime in on the twitter controversy, pointing out how Max Landis was wrong. New IPs still get made, and they still succeed. Max Landis is just making excuses for the bombing of his badly-written movie.

Max Landis responded to the RLM review on twitter, saying that RLM misunderstood what he was trying to say in his twitter rant, and that it hurt his feelings to have RLM say harsh things about him (more than other reviewers, who he easily dismisses), because he's a fan of RLM.

Then RLM invited him to appear on their show and expand on whatever it was that he was trying to say that they apparently didn't understand, and Max Landis went full fanboy.

From the soapbox RLM offered him, Max Landis complained about how studios are extremely hesitant to put money behind original IPs, because they're trying to calculate and predict box office returns in order to make safe investments, but the box office keeps breaking rules and defying expectations, which sends studios into a panic. He says that's more what he was talking about, rather than American Ultra specifically. Also, he claimed that American Ultra was better in the script phase, but it was negatively affected by executive meddling, as all scripts in Hollywood are, because executives are constantly flailing around, messing with things, desperate to protect their multi-million dollar investments. So while RLM can criticize stories, they should probably avoid criticizing writers, because Hollywood is a fucked up place, and writers don't really play the role in Hollywood that most people logically think they should play.

Don't bring logic and reasonable into this, wide scathing hot take criticism don't hold up to it and those well thought out posts will be ignored.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Hard to counter this when seemingly I cannot find his tweets against RLM. I certainly do NOT remember him being so straightforward over what RLM said about his film since I specifically remember the GAF version of the RLM community thread posting the tweets he was specifically referencing to RLM's comments on the film and them being fairly defensive to the point it sounded like he was attacking them. Hence my memory of them inviting him to give his side and his attitude changed to smiley faces of "I've been such a big fan omg yes I'll fly there right away" right after that.

But trying to Google the tweets or a thread about it seems to just point to Max's recent #metoo thing from the RLM reddit, so I'll have to take your word that he wasn't as defensive against them. It could just have easily been my feelings towards Max Landis coloring my memory as well/

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
That's exactly what I referred to him as after seeing the new Godzilla trailer.

Not a huge fan of Tim, but that probably just stems from the lack of Mike on this particular panel.
I like Tim. I didn't even notice Mike wasn't even there until you said it.

Also, I too only know the guy as "the guy from Early Edition and also he was in that movie about the kids that make films and there's aliens and I can't remember the name right now but was he in anything else because I can't remember anything and also I haven't seen the new Godzilla trailer or even Godzilla 2014 yet".

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
The explosions in Action USA and the guy jumping headfirst through the door in Spookies had me laughing harder than anything on BOTW in a while.

Such a disappointing Cameron Mitchell appearance, though.