• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
adult evil Kylo Ren heroically sacrifices himself to allow younger alternate history Kylo Ren who grew up to be more like his dad instead of going with Luke to come into the future

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Kylo force projects himself into the past version of himself and stops himself from killing all the Jedi students and creating the Knights of Ren. Then everyone can come back to life and they can make more movies with Luke. lol

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark is really fucking good despite being dumped in August. I really hope they do a HitB on it. definetely something Jay would like.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched the Patton Oswalt video and here we have yet another guest that immediately worked really well with the gang. I guess the major difference with Mr McCulkin is that Pat is probably WAY more busy with his hollywood career and marriage to come down quite as often as other guests. Assuming he even wants to come back, but sounds like he had a great time save for the horrible movie selection.

Mr McCulkin as a whole looks like he connected more with the guys on a friendship level. He was living with Rich Evans and all.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I finally watched the Patton Oswalt video and here we have yet another guest that immediately worked really well with the gang. I guess the major difference with Mr McCulkin is that Pat is probably WAY more busy with his hollywood career and marriage to come down quite as often as other guests. Assuming he even wants to come back, but sounds like he had a great time save for the horrible movie selection.

Mr McCulkin as a whole looks like he connected more with the guys on a friendship level. He was living with Rich Evans and all.

I feel like the only guests that didn't work were Landis (of course), the guy that they did a re:view of "The Guest" with and their bald friend with the mustache. Landis was trying way too hard and the others were too hesitant to actively participate in the conversation.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jay and Rich talk about boys.

Well this was brief and not particularly in-depth. Allow me to summarize: show dark and good and modern.

FWIW I agree. I think it sort of peters off and meanders in the back half but it's still a very good adult show about Superheroes in contemporary America.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely loved The Boys. Binged it over 2 nights last week and it's not often I fly through a show this quick.

The guy playing Homelander is PERFECT. Just a terrifying portrayal of what a deranged Superman would actually be like in real life. Similar to Jay I also got serious Robocop vibes while watching. It handles the whole 'corporate America is really fucking evil' thing really really well.

My biggest gripe with the season was that Black Noir was just kinda there. I presume he comes into it more as the story progresses (in the comics) but for now he's a less than nothing character and that was disappointing considering how fleshed out everyone else was, even Translucent, a character you can't see! What are even his powers? He just seems to be good with knives and is slightly stronger than a regular human?

Agree with them about it being a perfect antidote if you're starting to get disillusioned by all the Marvel stuff. I saw all the stuff they announced at Comic Con and I just couldn't bring myself to care. It's just what I needed.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Powers already done the stuff with Heroes just out for money, and many just being general assholes or suffering regular human problems.

I don't think anyone watched it though as it was exclusive to Sony's digital store via PS4. I just remember it was free with PS+.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Powers already done the stuff with Heroes just out for money, and many just being general assholes or suffering regular human problems.

I don't think anyone watched it though as it was exclusive to Sony's digital store via PS4. I just remember it was free with PS+.
This pisses all over Powers

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To me it feels like The Boys TV show (I've only read the first 6 issues of the comic, that was enough for me) takes a lot of ideas from the 2004-2005 Marvel comic Supreme Power, which predates The Boys comic. But of course before Supreme Power you had The Authority at DC.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Boys did a fantastic job at improving the source on an adaptation imho. Though the cliffhanger ending soured me a bit. I hate that shit.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course S2 already being made is nice, but I still have to wait.

FbUDJes.jpg

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU GET MY COCK A DOODEY ATTENTION

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Boys was really, really good. I binged it over three nights on vacation. Can't wait to see more of it.

They did mention the one thing that disturbed me most from the show
all the kids dying
but those things happened in pursuit of making a villain truly villainous, so I'm mildly okay with it. But otherwise, it was really well done.

This conversation between the two, though, was pretty lackluster. If it gets people to watch the show, great. But it's nothing to write home about. Not super entertaining or insightful on anything.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The Boys was really, really good. I binged it over three nights on vacation. Can't wait to see more of it.

They did mention the one thing that disturbed me most from the show
all the kids dying
but those things happened in pursuit of making a villain truly villainous, so I'm mildly okay with it. But otherwise, it was really well done.

This conversation between the two, though, was pretty lackluster. If it gets people to watch the show, great. But it's nothing to write home about. Not super entertaining or insightful on anything.
I don't mind stuff like this, just two friends chatting about a show they liked

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind stuff like this, just two friends chatting about a show they liked
I don't mind them doing stuff like this, either. But having watched the show, their discussion was just a bit meh.

Sometimes when I watch a Half in the Bag or re:View of a movie/show I've seen, it'll bring a new perspective that I hadn't though about or information about the making of the show that I didn't know. This didn't add that, so meh.

Actually, watching it, I was wondering "why wasn't this a re:View? I mean, Mike and Rich do ST: Discovery that way..."

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yeah Bone Tomahawk! Maybe the only movie ever that made me almost want to throw up. I knew nothing of the tonal shift going in and it was all the more horrifyingly amazing because of it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I only saw the trailer of Petey Wheatstraw and my favorite part is where Wheatstraw is born as a 12 year old boy and yells at his father for "waking him up every night by having sex" with his pregnant mom.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Bone Tomahawk in preperation for the review. Holy shit there is some motherfucking nightmare fuel in that film. I mean it was an excellent movie and all, but woof..

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i've always felt that people way over hype that moment. it's shot from like 30 feet away and it's just a silhouette. maybe i'm the weirdo.

besides that i wished they talked about the major theme of the movie which is communication and language. or at least shouting out the Flea circus scene when they're captured. maybe the best scene in the movie

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
i've always felt that people way over hype that moment. it's shot from like 30 feet away and it's just a silhouette. maybe i'm the weirdo.

besides that i wished they talked about the major theme of the movie which is communication and language. or at least shouting out the Flea circus scene when they're captured. maybe the best scene in the movie
Uh, I think you may be thinking of the wrong scene.

That scene is when a guy gets scalped and then axed and torn apart from the groin up like a giant wishbone being split on Thanksgiving. And it's pretty big in the frame.

Edit: Hah, they even mention it being like cutting a turkey. I wasn't at that part of the video yet when I typed that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Uh, I think you may be thinking of the wrong scene.

That scene is when a guy gets scalped and then axed and torn apart from the groin up like a giant wishbone being split on Thanksgiving. And it's pretty big in the frame.

No that's the scene. Although having just looked it up on youtube it is a bit brighter and not quite the silhouette i was thinking off. But I would say it's filmed in a way to minimize the grossness of the scene. You could definitely make that scene way worse to watch.

maybe watching Ichi the Killer in highschool fucked me up too much.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
No that's the scene. Although having just looked it up on youtube it is a bit brighter and not quite the silhouette i was thinking off. But I would say it's filmed in a way to minimize the grossness of the scene. You could definitely make that scene way worse to watch.

maybe watching Ichi the Killer in highschool fucked me up too much.
It's certainly pretty matter-of-fact in the way it's depicted, but I wouldn't say at all it tried to minimize the grossness. It's just...blunt.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
ybcmpyfbqyg31.jpg

i stole it from the reddits

i need to watch the movie before the re:view but ive been saying i need to watch bone tomahawk for like 5 years now
Johnny Mnemonic can't be the most obscure thing Jim ever talked about. And what's with calling Jessie "Some Girl"? Is that some weird internet pretend-she-didn't-exist thing?

Anyway, watch Bone Tomahawk. It's very, very good.