• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's really funny that the movie is just old enough to inspire real-life exorcisms again (which they mentioned), which then led to psychic/ghost-hunting spots on reality TV, which then led to this current spat of bullshit spooky "Ghost Hunter Bro" TV. And yet people point at MIllennials and Zoomers for fucking Tide Pods or some shit. My father is 57 and is as many feet deep into this paranormal trash.

Also, Ellen Burstyn really is just the best. In my mind, maybe only second to Sheryl Lee as far as uncomfortable, horrifying performances go.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I'm listening to Tubular Bells right now. I had no idea it wasn't just a song for the movie. Again, the Jay/Josh combo actually increases my knowledge surrounding the movie, rather than just being a discussion of how great the movie is. Right now it's melodic and peaceful, but there's still another 40 minutes to go so who knows.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be so God damn down with Jack making previously recorded his show and maybe bringing someone here and there to cohost. Particularly Jay.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I mean chat was just bombarding Rich with inane questions about superhero movies on every stream. No wonder he gave it up.

I'm excited for the return though. I never unsubbed.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I'm down for a Jack-only videogame show. Rich was way too jaded and cynical about everything that bit just wasn't fun to watch.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jack said it's going to be a new thing, on a new Twitch channel.

So for the peeps that are interested, keep an eye on his, and Pre-Rec's Twitter.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jack was always the more open-minded of the two (in a number of ways) so i'm kinda relieved he's coming back solo

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I want more Re:views where the two hosts disagree on a film. I really enjoy those but all the best episodes involve Jay. Dude knows his stuff.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Well hoping his position is long term if it gives him more stability, but I'd miss him in RLM if he can't come do episodes too often anymore.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hearing that the Joker HitB is cancelled in favor of a 45 minute sit down with Mike and Rich about the new Picard trailer.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what was with that half in the bag ending lol, that gave me legit uncomfortable joker chills

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017

TLDW
They both liked it, Mike much moreso than Jay

I feel like Jay could benefit from a rewatch. I agree with Mike that the disorder on the streets stuff was laid out very early on and throughout whereas Jay seems to have missed a lot of it.

Also agree with Mike in that my least favourite part was the "playing to the dumbest audience members flashback sequence" after that one particular reveal. It really wasn't needed and I get the feeling that if this was another movie unconnected to comic books it wouldn't be in there.

I loved the movie in general, though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Jay. Joker came across as a tad superficial to me, and I also didn't find Arthur Fleck (or his actions) believable as far as being inspiring.