• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Md7IZU0.gif

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Jack explained it that Mike didn't want to talk to anyone about the movie because they want to save all their discussion for the actual video. But yes. lol
When my friends and I had a podcast, we would say "Save it for the podcast" when hanging out before recording. And we had nothing invested in our venture. So I can see Mike taking it very seriously to not talk about it before recording to get real raw reactions.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're currently editing their second spotlight movie best of the worst episode focusing on a single film. Looking forward to it.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but it means a lot to people like me who have it. That's right I have AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
mama i heard him say hes a vampire

now now baby thats silly, such imagination

but mama he said he couldnt eat KFC for it made him sick

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KILL THE TAINTED ONE

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, "Vampire Assassin" on VHS. That released on the VERY tail end of VHS. They are really going to fuck up the market for used copies of that movie.

I hope they get enough "Vampire Assassin" and "Nukie" tapes to have two of the guys wear them as suits of armor and battle.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Wow, "Vampire Assassin" on VHS. That released on the VERY tail end of VHS. They are really going to fuck up the market for used copies of that movie.

I hope they get enough "Vampire Assassin" and "Nukie" tapes to have two of the guys wear them as suits of armor and battle.

Well considering the time period of the Blade films vhs was still around and kicking.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did they hate it? Because I wouldn't be surprised if they hated it. They have such particularl fucking tastes in video games that anything not within that spectrum they shit on.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they hate it? Because I wouldn't be surprised if they hated it. They have such particularl fucking tastes in video games that anything not within that spectrum they shit on.
They start off saying how hard it is to control, and then I turned it off when they started talking about how Sunshine perfected 3D platforming. They also did this weird pixel stand in thing.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Lol, I love the entire RLM crew when they're talking about movies (except maybe Jack, although he's still tolerable at worst), but god damn if their opinions on video games aren't completely worthless to me.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Previously Recorded peaked with the Order 1886 episode to be fair

That said the new format is awful, do they keep losing footage or what? No idea why they switched to this.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rich started off by saying that 3D platforming is inherently worse than 2D platforming. He liked Super Mario Sunshine because Fludd allowed you to hover mid-jump and reorient yourself, and that solved some of his problems with 3D platforming. Rich and Jack both disagree with people who say that Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario.

Jack disliked a few small instances of realism in Super Mario Odyssey getting in the way of his cartoon. Rich liked the wide range of visual styles.

Jack didn't like the open world nature of the game. He felt that wandering around aimlessly and collecting armfuls off moons undermined the importance of collecting moons to proceed, and Rich said that if Jack felt that way, he should've stopped exploring and made a beeline for the exit, as Rich did. Rich said that if you want a linear experience, the game certainly works that way.

Jack was pretty negative (although I think he described his position as being "mixed"). He said that the 3D platforming is fine, the boss battles are weak, the main gimmick (mind rape) is weak, and some of the level design is fun.

Rich disagreed. He said that "good" is underselling the game, but "great" is overselling it. He might be leaning a little bit more towards "great" though, based on assigning a number value they immediately regretted.
Rich said the gap between "good" and "great" is why reviewers use a 100-point scale. It's neither an 8 nor a 9 out of 10. Maybe 85 out of 100. Or 87 (suggesting Rich's leaning more towards "great").

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Rich started off by saying that 3D platforming is inherently worse than 2D platforming.
I think it was Game Grumps back when I used to watch that (Jon Tron pre Milkshake Duck) and one of them said that 2D Zelda was inherently superior to 3D because you can precisely see the exact pixel distance your sword will go to hit an enemy.

Granted it's true I guess, but in 3D Zelda it's a different skill of judging distance in 3D space and only takes moments to figure it out. It's all about feel anyways, you get a feel for how far away you need to be in 2D just like in 3D (or in Mario's case how far your jumps are in 2D vs. 3D), it's not like they actually counted the number of pixels away they were from enemies at every encounter in 2D Zelda.
Plus I haven't played a single Zelda game that required pixel perfect combat accuracy.

It's totally OK to have a preference of 2D over 3D, but some of the "objective" justifications for one over the other can be laughable.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, because when Rich finished the game on stream again, he seemed to enjoy it as he was playing it because he was just mainlining the game.

Jack thinking Sunshine is the best Mario is some weird thing he has.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So why does PreRec not do live action Rich and Jack anymore? Doesn't it take a lot more effort to draw the pixel art? I miss seeing them sitting on the couch. I preferred that style.

I mean the new way is okay, but I prefer to see official RLM mascot Rich and Jack in person.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Weird, because when Rich finished the game on stream again, he seemed to enjoy it as he was playing it because he was just mainlining the game.

Jack thinking Sunshine is the best Mario is some weird thing he has.
They gave it a 87 too right, so they must have liked it.

I staunchly believe that they're simply trying to ape the "cynical YouTube critic" thing when they review their games, at least to some degree.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I won't disagree that fludd's hover was a brilliant mechanic for people who struggle in 3d platformers to correct their jumps and land safely. Of course I'd argue Mario's spin in Galaxy and Cappy throw in Odyssey do the same thing, but Fludd is superior to then since it last a lot longer. I can also understand how if they prefer more linear experienced how Sunshine would be their favorite over Odyssey. The common complaint about Sunshine is that the objectives are all linear and don't reward exploration.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They gave it a 87 too right, so they must have liked it.

I staunchly believe that they're simply trying to ape the "cynical YouTube critic" thing when they review their games, at least to some degree.
or maybe they didn't adore the game?

I mean i can understand doubting the integrity of someone's critic when they just say "x sucks"..but there's a long enough video explaining what they like and what they don't like
I won't disagree that fludd's hover was a brilliant mechanic for people who struggle in 3d platformers to correct their jumps and land safely. Of course I'd argue Mario's spin in Galaxy and Cappy throw in Odyssey do the same thing, but Fludd is superior to then since it last a lot longer. I can also understand how if they prefer more linear experienced how Sunshine would be their favorite over Odyssey. The common complaint about Sunshine is that the objectives are all linear and don't reward exploration.
yeah..if one sucks at 3d platforming and wants an help,fludd is great..problem is i'm pretty decent at 3d platforming,so the best thing in sunshine for me were those levels where you DON'T have fludd