• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Where THE FUCK is the McCauley Culkin BOTW? I need my goddamn fix. It's been like a month since they filmed It, right?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This channel really needs to fuck off with the Star Trek shit already.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
M3LnjEa.gif

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I did NOT know Scotty was missing a finger. The more you know.

9a-james-doohan-missing-middle-finger.jpg

And he lost it after being shot 6 times. On D Day.
By someone on his own side who got spooked.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Haha they picked TMP for Re:View instead of the obvious ones? This will be interesting.

Edit: Just read the intro they had for the vid, and it's perfect:
It's the team up you've all been waiting for! Dry and sarcastic meets dry and sarcastic! Two dull, unfunny, elderly men talk about an old, dull, dry film. WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT KIDS?!?!?!? Seriously though, Mike and Jim love Star Trek The Motion Picture. It's mainly because they are dry, dull, and elderly.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont care for Star Trek, but I figured it's Mike's only real passion besides being a freak about ghosts, and seeing him giddily talking about shit he likes brings a smile to my face so why not.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random trivia bit:

Mike says that he loves the 1970's era costumes, and that they only existed for one film. But from a certain perspective, those costumes have existed for all six original Star Trek movies, and have made countless cameo appearances in Trek since TMP.

What happened is, they spent a ton of money on the costumes for The Motion Picture, but everyone ended up hating those costumes. So what was Star Trek to do? The answer was, tailor them some more. Tailor the shit out of them. They dyed the shirts red, because they found that red was the only color that would successfully cover up the earth tones. Then they cut a slash across the chest, and attached more fabric to the inside to create a sort of flap that could close over itself, and then gave it a belt and a top clasp to hold it together. And then they added an undershirt with a unique collar, to go under this new jacket that was once a shirt.

This uniform was nicknamed the "Monster Maroon" by fans, because of the terrifying amount of work needed to build one for cosplay. In addition to all the labor, it's really difficult to get the color just right, because it's not red, it's a 1970's TMP uniform that has been dyed red. There's a difference, which is near-impossible to replicate perfectly.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, I'm now realizing I watched STTMP on VHS when I was like 5 or 6. A lot of these shots have been foggily in my head as some random thing I saw, but this is clarifying what they were. I must have blocked it out at some point because that probe scene with the lights fucked with me as a small child.

Edit: I was unaware of Jim's role in the film industry. Is he actually a matte artist?

And EmmyTM nominated?

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I'm now realizing I watched STTMP on VHS when I was like 5 or 6. A lot of these shots have been foggily in my head as some random thing I saw, but this is clarifying what they were. I must have blocked it out at some point because that probe scene with the lights fucked with me as a small child.

Edit: I was unaware of Jim's role in the film industry. Is he actually a matte artist?

And EmmyTM nominated?

Yeah I should really rewatch TMP sometime, it's probably been 20 years since I've seen it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Random trivia bit:

Mike says that he loves the 1970's era costumes, and that they only existed for one film. But from a certain perspective, those costumes have existed for all six original Star Trek movies, and have made countless cameo appearances in Trek since TMP.

What happened is, they spent a ton of money on the costumes for The Motion Picture, but everyone ended up hating those costumes. So what was Star Trek to do? The answer was, tailor them some more. Tailor the shit out of them. They dyed the shirts red, because they found that red was the only color that would successfully cover up the earth tones. Then they cut a slash across the chest, and attached more fabric to the inside to create a sort of flap that could close over itself, and then gave it a belt and a top clasp to hold it together. And then they added an undershirt with a unique collar, to go under this new jacket that was once a shirt.

This uniform was nicknamed the "Monster Maroon" by fans, because of the terrifying amount of work needed to build one for cosplay. In addition to all the labor, it's really difficult to get the color just right, because it's not red, it's a 1970's TMP uniform that has been dyed red. There's a difference, which is near-impossible to replicate perfectly.

lol that part's hilarious.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So while I still say that movie is trash, it was interesting to see a lot of praise for certain aspects of the movie that totally flew past me in my viewing (though I can't agree with them on loving the outfits).

Also glad they mixed it up instead of just going with the default Mike/Rich combo. This might've been my favorite Jim appearance yet.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1339484/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1339484/awards?ref_=nm_ql_2

Three Emmy nominations for his work on the TV show "Vikings", and one more for "The Borgias".
That's awesome. Good for him.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
"Gene Roddenberry looks like a bag of oatmeal with eyebrows."

source.gif

Also I find it weird that Colin and Jim are closer to my dad's age than mine wtf.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
So, while we wait for the new holiday BOTW, what is everyone's favorite holiday BOTW?

For me, it's a tight race between 'A Very Cannon Christmas' and 'Star Wars Holiday Special pt 1'. The Cannon one is hilarious, and even though the Death Wish 3 section is the highlight, the discussion for all three movies was interesting. But for Star Wars Holiday Special pt 1, the way they keep refusing to stay on topic is hilarious, and the whole "Rich gets a phonecall" moment is probably one of the hardest laughs I've gotten from RLM overall.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
So, while we wait for the new holiday BOTW, what is everyone's favorite holiday BOTW?

For me, it's a tight race between 'A Very Cannon Christmas' and 'Star Wars Holiday Special pt 1'. The Cannon one is hilarious, and even though the Death Wish 3 section is the highlight, the discussion for all three movies was interesting. But for Star Wars Holiday Special pt 1, the way they keep refusing to stay on topic is hilarious, and the whole "Rich gets a phonecall" moment is probably one of the hardest laughs I've gotten from RLM overall.

I love the Christmas Vacation one. That and the Star Wars Holiday Special. Only bad one was Christmas or Crocodile.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Cannon Christmas was the best (Elves and Christmas vacation 2 is my runner-up). Last year's Kick'mas edition wasn't the best cuz the movies were so boring.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, Mike's "Now...Back to 9/11" line was legitimately hilarious. That was my favorite Christmas episode, with Cannon a close second.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
"Christmas or Crocodile" was the worst. Kickmas was average. I'm hoping for good stuff this year though.

I do absolutely love the gimmick of opening up presents to see what movie they get.