• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Christmas specials get worse every year (with one exception. Last years' was slightly better than 2016, just because the singular Christmas movie they watch provided better joke fodder).

First one was great, with Elves, Santa Claus having everyone losing it, and the scathing look at Chriatmas Vacation 2.

Then we got the Star Wars holiday special, which was also a lot of fun.

Then It just becomes the same stuff they usually watch, but with a gift "randomization".

I wish they would go back to doing Christmas movies. Last 3 years Its been 1 Christmas movie, and 2 movies just like the other stuff they watch on the show. Feels like just another episode.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they should just watch actual memorable christmas movie. Like in honor of Macauli coming over, watch all of the home alone films and rank them. And yes that includes any shitty sequel without him.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cannon Christmas was great, especially because a friend and I have sat there laughing at Death Wish 3 highlighting the same reasons.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
They should do a Star Trek Vs. Ghosts Christmas BotW. I don't know how that would work, but they should try it.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of Christmas or crocodile was rich destroying what may have been the only decent film of the night

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Star Trek > Other things

1v1 me on Cestus III
IllustriousFrailAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is good about Trek is you can take almost any movie and have a Trek episode or movie to compare it to.
hell, even real life. someone said it in one of the threads, but my first thought reading about that missionary who got killed by an un-contacted tribe was "man, homeboy was not a Trek fan". anyone who's seen a few seasons of TNG probably could probably predict where that story was headed

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
hell, even real life. someone said it in one of the threads, but my first thought reading about that missionary who got killed by an un-contacted tribe was "man, homeboy was not a Trek fan". anyone who's seen a few seasons of TNG probably could probably predict where that story was headed
India literally has a Prime Directive to not interfere with those people either.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
They are really holding on to that Culkin BOTW, huh?

I wonder if they needed him to record something in LA like in the Landis episode.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
What is the context of rich being on ellen?
Julia Roberts worked at that chain when she was younger and recounts for Ellen the experience of being in the character costume.
The picture chosen by the staff is a picture of a young Rich Evans having a birthday party at that chain as a child. Julia reacts to his Dick the Birthday Boy shirt.

They refer to the character as being her in the photo, more referring to that being what she did and not literally her, but the vague implication can be interpreted as her being at Rich's birthday party. Deepest redlettermedia lore.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Julia Roberts worked at that chain when she was younger and recounts for Ellen the experience of being in the character costume.
The picture chosen by the staff is a picture of a young Rich Evans having a birthday party at that chain as a child. Julia reacts to his Dick the Birthday Boy shirt.
To add to this, if you google "Showbiz Pizza Bear", this image is the first result. They didn't have to dig far to find it.