• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Well, the Max Landis stuff has been delisted from their YT account. It's still hosted but you need a direct link to access it now.

I don't care about the one where they sit down for a conversation with Landis but the BotW one is too far. It was a Breen BotW. Breen didn't do anything wrong.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
It's been like a year since I've watched RLM but I always thought this was a clear indicator that they moved on from Max Landis.

Pretty sure this was written for him but they decided to not have him on after it came to light that he was a shithead.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They absolutely moved on and solidified it with his allegations surfacing.

They aren't the kind of people to outright delete a video but they sure as hell didn't post any possible new video they had with him post Twitter stuff popping up.

It isn't terribly surprising either. For the most part they were all uncomfortable with him and his giddiness to try and be friends with him. The biggest positive out of him coming though is that it opened the door for caulkin to show up and become one of their best guests with the most chemistry in a few episodes. Even when jokes don't land you can tell the guys enjoy spending time with him.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think delisting it is a good compromise. You can still find it and watch it for the Breen and the laughs. But if people search Max Landis on youtube then it's not going to be one of the first things to pop up. gotta protect that RLM brand.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think delisting it is a good compromise. You can still find it and watch it for the Breen and the laughs. But if people search Max Landis on youtube then it's not going to be one of the first things to pop up. gotta protect that RLM brand.
yeah, Max Landis = bad! don't assume my gender-jokes = good!

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they outright delete the interview with Max Landis video?

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not 100% familiar with YouTube listing structure, but it looks like you cannot search for it or find it under their video list. I just watched it again the other day, so it's still viewable.

Ehh, nothing of value was really lost here. The BOTW episode had some good bits but Landis can fuck off. Good to see RLM are taking this seriously.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not 100% familiar with YouTube listing structure, but it looks like you cannot search for it or find it under their video list. I just watched it again the other day, so it's still viewable.

Appropriate that the thumbnail is Max with an idiotic grin on his face and Mike and Jay just looking uncomfortable.

Deleted member 37303

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Patreon Update

Hey, we just shot a Half in the Bag episode for the new Child's Play! After that, we'll hopefully be putting out the Star Trek Discovery season 2 discussion as well as a new Black Spine episode of Best of the Worst. We're also busy planning an incoming visit from the Canadians so the release of things may get changed around a bit but that's the general plan for the next week or so!

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love it when you guys argue in this thread.

rich-evans-gif-12.gif

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Max Landis stuff has been delisted from their YT account. It's still hosted but you need a direct link to access it now.

I don't care about the one where they sit down for a conversation with Landis but the BotW one is too far. It was a Breen BotW. Breen didn't do anything wrong.
The BotW link in the OP takes you to the RLM webpage with the video, and it's all still up. So feel free to go ahead and grab that link while you can.

I forget, can we link more than one YT video in a post? If so, should I change the OPs into direct YT links? Or go through the crushingly difficult process of linking everything to their website for each video? I don't know what "proper etiquette " recommends...

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The BotW link in the OP takes you to the RLM webpage with the video, and it's all still up. So feel free to go ahead and grab that link while you can.

I forget, can we link more than one YT video in a post? If so, should I change the OPs into direct YT links? Or go through the crushingly difficult process of linking everything to their website for each video? I don't know what "proper etiquette " recommends...
I wouldn't worry too much about it. First of all I'm fairly certain you can only have like 3 videos per post max.

Second of all, you'd be spending a lot of effort on a community that is largely established by now. We aren't getting new members often enough in here that are reading the OP, and even on the rare occasion we do get someone here who asks what they should watch, we tend to recommend it as a list of videos in a reply to their post.

If your OP links to their YouTube channel, their website, and maybe you have some of their top videos that are a good representation of their content embedded plus whatever else you wanted that should be enough.

Deleted member 37303

Banned
Jan 2, 2018

I'm good. I use YouTube-DL. I've got almost every RLM video squirreled away on an external drive just in case shit like that happens.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Mike's idea of having Chucky go crazy from watching the kids' media consumption is actually brilliant.

Imagine all of the horrors of the Youtube algorithm brought to life.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wait, what

*google*

giphy.gif

I'm sure it's fine, but dear god isn't there anything out there that hasn't been remade?

well, aside from Halloween 3 that is.
With all these random remakes and reboots of like movie franchises from the 70s...people who were 20-30 years old in the 70s who actually care about those IPs are like...70-80 years old now.

This is the last time they can bank on those IPs and pray that a newer generation cares about them. No wonder they're getting so desperate to cash in on nostalgia before those IPs become worthless.