• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It only took 'em 12 years to make!
44485.jpg
8155.jpg
150.jpg

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
21 producers. That's insane.

I think the big reason for that is that there are a lot of people tied up in Star Trek due to whatever is going on between CBS and Paramount, but 21 really is insane.

I hope we get an Orville season 2 re:View too.

Is Twilight Zone as bad as they made it out to be? I remember huge hype around the first 3 episodes then NO ONE talks about it anymore.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think the big reason for that is that there are a lot of people tied up in Star Trek due to whatever is going on between CBS and Paramount, but 21 really is insane.

Is Twilight Zone as bad as they made it out to be? I remember huge hype around the first 3 episodes then NO ONE talks about it anymore.
The new, mostly supbar season of Black Mirror is vastly superior to whatever the hell they were doing with those first three episodes of Twilight Zone.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
This video was everything I wanted. And I kinda enjoyed Discovery.
Same, reminds me of the first time I watched the Plunkett review for Phantom Menace back in the day.

I enjoy then and I know they have problems, but seeing people like them dive slightly deeper into them and you see how it all falls apart.

I genuinely feel stupid for not registering some of the basic science stuff like that the red flashes wouldn't have been seen at the same time because of the speed of light.

They didn't even have time to talk about Burnham's mother or that Discovery ends up in the future at the end.
I think they were wrong about Section 31 framing Spock (I think they did it because Spock escaped and they needed a reason to get Star Fleet to help them find him), but even missing some stuff like that it hardly makes the show better.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah, i assumed a lot of those producer credits have more to do with the hot-potato way the show has been produced before it even started shooting than they represent the number of people actually working on the show at once. i feel like there have been like 4 showrunners for a total of two seasons lol, i'm sure there's been a bunch people who've come and gone alongside the other big name changes

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same, reminds me of the first time I watched the Plunkett review for Phantom Menace back in the day.

I enjoy then and I know they have problems, but seeing people like them dive slightly deeper into them and you see how it all falls apart.

I genuinely feel stupid for not registering some of the basic science stuff like that the red flashes wouldn't have been seen at the same time because of the speed of light.

They didn't even have time to talk about Burnham's mother or that Discovery ends up in the future at the end.
I think they were wrong about Section 31 framing Spock (I think they did it because Spock escaped and they needed a reason to get Star Fleet to help them find him), but even missing some stuff like that it hardly makes the show better.

The seeing signals thing, like the Light of Khaless in S1 was brought up in the OT.

Wasn't Spock actually framed by the AI, before the AI should have been active, I seem to remember something was wrong with that reveal.

They pretty much covered it all with "They want you to forget the previous episode by time you watch the next one" but I wish they had gone into the continuity issues more (I mean within the show itself, not continuity with rest of Trek).

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
For anyone asking about the BotW that Culkin mentioned on his podcast, they have it in the can and are saving it. They plan on releasing a few other BotW's before uploading the completed Culkin one.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they'd talked a little about the camera work in Discovery too.

I started to ret so sick of all the pointless rotating or flipping camera tricks and the amount of Dutch Angles not seen since Battlefield Earth.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone asking about the BotW that Culkin mentioned on his podcast, they have it in the can and are saving it. They plan on releasing a few other BotW's before uploading the completed Culkin one.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Has anyone else noticed that the RLM podcast on the Bunny Ears youtube channel is far and away the most popular upload on the channel?

106K views. Only a few others go over 1000. A bunch of other ones seem to just stay around a couple hundred.

I tried listening to a couple of others. The Tom Green one is pretty nice, they mention the RLM review of Freddy Got Fingered in passing. The Jake the Snake one is okay, but I have heard that story a few times thank to a couple of Pro-Wrestling podcasts I have listened to in the past.

The rest, aren't all that interesting to be honest.

The RLM one is great because they really bounce off each other and just goading Rich to tell stories of his time cleaning up his Grand mother's house were interesting and just shooting the shit on ghosts was a good conversation.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ffffuuuuu, Tom Green on Best of the Worst needs to happen.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Thanks, that's good to know.

Has anyone else noticed that the RLM podcast on the Bunny Ears youtube channel is far and away the most popular upload on the channel?

106K views. Only a few others go over 1000. A bunch of other ones seem to just stay around a couple hundred.

I tried listening to a couple of others. The Tom Green one is pretty nice, they mention the RLM review of Freddy Got Fingered in passing. The Jake the Snake one is okay, but I have heard that story a few times thank to a couple of Pro-Wrestling podcasts I have listened to in the past.

The rest, aren't all that interesting to be honest.

The RLM one is great because they really bounce off each other and just goading Rich to tell stories of his time cleaning up his Grand mother's house were interesting and just shooting the shit on ghosts was a good conversation.
Wow, good eye. YouTube just suggested his Podcast with guest Seth Green: 1.6k. RedLetterMedia is currently at 126k views. Crazy difference.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I just caught this on twitter and I can't think of a better place to post this here, so considering Jay is Jay:

D9r9_AfUwAA1rYR.jpg

(Laura's Theme from Twin Peaks literally has twin peaks in it and I never realized this)

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017

Fourth-Quarter this year. Appears to follow a young Sam Wing, the shop keeper from Gremlins 1&2.

They say it is "Adult-Focused" I am not sure if they is the way to go. It can be dark, but still appeal to kids too. I hope the Gremlins they design can live up to the movies because that was a big part of the fun.

No mention of Joe Dante either. I cannot say I am getting any good vibes from this announcement.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018

Fourth-Quarter this year. Appears to follow a young Sam Wing, the shop keeper from Gremlins 1&2.

They say it is "Adult-Focused" I am not sure if they is the way to go. It can be dark, but still appeal to kids too. I hope the Gremlins they design can live up to the movies because that was a big part of the fun.

No mention of Joe Dante either. I cannot say I am getting any good vibes from this announcement.
Poor Zach Galligan. Still can't catch a break.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah those Black Spine editions are delightfully torturous