• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
The opener might be one of the greatest things they've ever done.

I legit love black spine edition.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Black spine is great because it's the next thing after best of the worst of just adding a lot more random chance. Since Plinketto they get to choose which films to put at the very least, vs random tapes with zero context

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
Junka is Mike's most sadistic idea yet.

How long will they hold the threat of Nukie over everyone's head?

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, so far this seems like the best use for black spine tapes.
They can speed through tapes that only have like 1 or 2 good moments, and it makes for a fun intro.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Jay-"What are we doing?"

Mike-"I don't know. Each day gets more and more embarrassing."

Boy if that isn't a mood.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
JyEBIE4.jpg
Shot a few re:Views.
giphy.gif

It's never happening is it?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
yeah if they're gonna keep doing black spine they definitely need to go through lots of tapes and only talk about some of them

filter out the garbage

probably sucks for them though

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah if they're gonna keep doing black spine they definitely need to go through lots of tapes and only talk about some of them

filter out the garbage

probably sucks for them though
They already do filter out garbage from these VHS tape BOTWs (including Wheel of the Worst - which is why a running joke is how it's all rigged anyway). I think Jay said in the Bunny Ears podcast or Patreon reply that he looks through a lot of footage to cobble together a BOTW episode, and it does take a good amount of time to put one together.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
They already do filter out garbage from these VHS tape BOTWs (including Wheel of the Worst - which is why a running joke is how it's all rigged anyway). I think Jay said in the Bunny Ears podcast or Patreon reply that he looks through a lot of footage to cobble together a BOTW episode, and it does take a good amount of time to put one together.
Yes but they didn't for the first black spine (I don't remember the second one off hand) it was just three random tapes and it wasn't that great.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yes but they didn't for the first black spine (I don't remember the second one off hand) it was just three random tapes and it wasn't that great.
The second was the first BotW with Tim and it was extremely forgettable.

And hell, in the first one they even gave up and used it as a springboard to finally watch Partners on video.

They really haven't figured out the format and I haven't watched the new one yet but I guess the gag now is just they just keep switching it up and never nail down on a single kind of gimmick.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

And hell, in the first one they even gave up and used it as a springboard to finally watch Partners on video.

They really haven't figured out the format and I haven't watched the new one yet but I guess the gag now is just they just keep switching it up and never nail down on a single kind of gimmick.
don't worry this one's p good

Killsational

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I would guess the next special BotW is with Len. He hasn't been on since May 2017. He could use this visit to promote Challenge of the Five Gauntlets, just like he used his last visit to promote Angel of Reckoning.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

I feel the switch to partners was a joke, the episode really didn't need it as the first two tapes were hilarious.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
my butt hole has never been more clenched than watching that Junka game in action

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
They are dead on with Star Trek.
Disagree, their Discovery season 2 review was awful and lazy. They are capable of doing really good reviews, explaining why things didn't work, this was just fanboys whining that it's different then the stuff they enjoyed as teenagers. They criticized some things but they weren't well researched and articulated.

Then there's Rich declaring that the Picard show will suck because Kurtzman is involved and it will be dumb pew pew action anyway which makes me dismiss everything he has to say in this review because he obviously didn't approach this open minded, he wanted to dislike it and did, he drags down the entire review.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The extended scenes from the tricky people video was fucked up, like wow who thought that was a good idea?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Disagree, their Discovery season 2 review was awful and lazy. They are capable of doing really good reviews, explaining why things didn't work, this was just fanboys whining that it's different then the stuff they enjoyed as teenagers. They criticized some things but they weren't well researched and articulated.

Then there's Rich declaring that the Picard show will suck because Kurtzman is involved and it will be dumb pew pew action anyway which makes me dismiss everything he has to say in this review because he obviously didn't approach this open minded, he wanted to dislike it and did, he drags down the entire review.
Kurtzman was involved with the movies, and he's involved with Discovery too, right? Like, given those facts, how can you not come to the conclusion that Picard will turn out underwhelming too?
At any rate, they've been pretty forthcoming about the fact that they want Star Trek, not whatever Star Trek turned into, but that they're aware that those days are probably long gone.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Kurtzman was involved with the movies, and he's involved with Discovery too, right? Like, given those facts, how can you not come to the conclusion that Picard will turn out underwhelming too?
At any rate, they've been pretty forthcoming about the fact that they want Star Trek, not whatever Star Trek turned into, but that they're aware that those days are probably long gone.
I think I've said this before, but people have said that about Star Trek since Voyager. What they want is TNG, but that not only already exists, it hasn't been a thing for 25 years or so. It isn't coming back. What Star Trek is changes with each entry.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Fucking yikes at that Tricky People cut footage.

edit:

I randomly jumped to a part where that girl from that video, the one crying while being forced to look at pictures, says "she's not a little girl anymore" while weeping, and I noped out right quick. I guess the subject matter is inherently disturbing, but I don't know...
There is a person in the comments of that youtube video who claims to have been abused, and seems to imply that this video kinda helped, so who knows. It might have helped with getting kids to open up about it.

Last edited:

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If only Kurtzman's past track record gave us any reason to doubt Rich's prediction. Alas.

I would not approach Fallout 76 DLCs with an open mind and I see no need to treat any future Trek properties any differently.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
The Junka section lasted almost as long as a 30 minute show with the commercials cut out and I was enthralled the whole time.

Is it me, or does the Yellow Dinosaur from "Tricky People" look like Woodstock from "Peanuts" mixed with Joe Camel

hMJdFIN.jpg
JhsiWA0.jpg

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
The Junka section lasted almost as long as a 30 minute show with the commercials cut out and I was enthralled the whole time.
I rewatched it, and there's like 5 moments where you think its over, and it just keeps going and going. There's a moment where the music builds and builds and builds and then... a successful pull. Followed by 2-3 pulls with happy go-lucky music before the suspenseful music builds again.

It's actually crazy how stable that thing was.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
If only Kurtzman's past track record gave us any reason to doubt Rich's prediction. Alas.

I would not approach Fallout 76 DLCs with an open mind and I see no need to treat any future Trek properties any differently.

Hey that's not a fair comparison.

Bethesda's made things that aren't total garbage.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I like how they stopped stacking the nukie vhs tapes because the tower got too tall lol. Clearly they did not think the Junka game through.