• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
In the Mouth of Madness is sorely underrated. People unfairly lump it in with the rest of his 90's trash.

It's definitely his last great movie unfortunately. What a run he had, though!

Oct 25, 2017
But seriously, do YOU read Sutter Kane?

Also, they kinda missed the obvious King reference with Hobb's End being right next to Maine, the state where he lives, as well as both King and Lovecraft using a constant fictional town for their stories. I don't recall the King version (I know it's in The Stand though), but Lovecraft's is obviously Arkham.

edit: it's adorable that this one (script) did work btw. And yes, the subtle 'shit is already going down in the background' is what makes this movie so great. I've made no secret of my love In The Mouth Of Madness on the other place either. The music however....

Last edited:

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching In The Mouth of Madness when I was a kid on cable tv, the scene with the lady walking on her back scared me for life.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Rich Evans has a single line in the newest episode of that cat cartoon "Ollie and Scoops." Not as his cat character but as "snack vendor"

It is at 3:01 if you want to skip to it.

I didn't pick up in the first episode that only the girl can hear the cats talk to her. Maybe it's because I'm not in the target audience, but I am not digging that animation. If RLM guys weren't attached I wouldn't touch it.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
There is another thread in OT talking about how bad Star Trek Voyager was, and low and behold the writer for what is considered the worst episode in all of Star Trek (Threshold), was also Michael De Luca.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is another thread in OT talking about how bad Star Trek Voyager was, and low and behold the writer for what is considered the worst episode in all of Star Trek (Threshold), was also Michael De Luca.
Threshold is far from the worst, it just has a hilariously awful ending. The rest of the episode if fine. It's no Sub Rosa or Planet of the Black People.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voyager is my favourite Trek.

TOS is all over the place.
TNG doesn't have enough action and Patrick Stewart carries the show.
DS9 has some good characters with some great dialogue, but the stories are mostly bad.
STE has the worst crew and got cancelled during what for others is best seasons, and S4 was its best by far.
STD... RLM honestly were being too kind.

Voyager though, it's a better TNG to me and several of my fav Trek characters are in it.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

DS9 has some good characters with some great dialogue, but the stories are mostly bad.

STE has the worst crew and got cancelled during what for others is best seasons, and S4 was its best by far.

Voyager though, it's a better TNG to me and several of my fav Trek characters are in it.
*clicks on report user* 😆

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*clicks on report user*
ZbzthBm.png

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now

So you quote RLM's review of Discovery, but forget their version of action is an episode from Next Generation?

Lol

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
How To Build A Haunted House (Likely the same tape that caused Mike to lose on Black Spine Edition #3)

I posted this to the subreddit but it seems to be hidden or some shit, so enjoy it here instead.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
What other celebs are there that we know like, or have at least acknowledged RLM before? I remember Simon Pegg made a post about the Martin Re:View episode, but he's probably way too busy to make a trip to Milwaukee.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
What other celebs are there that we know like, or have at least acknowledged RLM before? I remember Simon Pegg made a post about the Martin Re:View episode, but he's probably way too busy to make a trip to Milwaukee.

Does Rian Johnson count? He wrote that "I love them but I fear them" tweet. For good reason, as it turned out!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmao I love how much they dont respect their audiences time. Fucking 40 minutes. And I'm not being sarcastic, I would watch a 10 hour video from these hacks.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
As per personal tradition I'll only watch that video once I've seen the movie, then I can be all the more amazed at their powers.

I still remember Jay saying from off camera in the Solo predictions video, "I can see that scene in my head. I've already seen the movie now."