• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This episode is sponsored by Nerd Package. Get all your nerdy stuff and package stuff in the same place with the awesome Nerd Package.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
kQfXwm7.gif

*rich evans laugh*

This post broke me.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3c8uNCz.gif

I remember people doing this kinda stuff to Kylo Ren's trick lightsaber in the The Force Awakens trailers.

I was thinking that JJ's going crazy with the trick lightsabers, but then I remembered Darth Maul's trick lightsaber in Episode 1 (which Rey's one seems deliberately designed to invoke), and George going overboard with the lightsabers in Episode 2, so I feel like I can't really fault JJ for it.

Scion

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the cartoons have some pretty silly things in them.

It's hard to not be excited for Episode IX (I liked TLJ for what that's worth) but Abrams does have me concerned. I keep telling myself the worst so I'm more likely to be pleasantly surprised when its less stupid than that.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the cartoons have some pretty silly things in them.

It's hard to not be excited for Episode IX (I liked TLJ for what that's worth) but Abrams does have me concerned. I keep telling myself the worst so I'm more likely to be pleasantly surprised when its less stupid than that.

I am more willing to forgive silly stuff in the cartoons since they are cartoons, but there is that dissonance though that we are supposed to take this stuff as serious canon in line with the movies. I find it incredibly hard to believe Anakin had a padawan during the clone wars that he never mentions at all during Revenge of the Sith.

Concerning Abrams, is this the first time he's really had to nail an ending? For Lost, I think I gave up around the time Mr. Eko died and I feel like just checked it out to see how it would all end, but I didn't really pay that much attention.

Scion

Oct 27, 2017
I am more willing to forgive silly stuff in the cartoons since they are cartoons, but there is that dissonance though that we are supposed to take this stuff as serious canon in line with the movies. I find it incredibly hard to believe Anakin had a padawan during the clone wars that he never mentions at all during Revenge of the Sith.

Concerning Abrams, is this the first time he's really had to nail an ending? For Lost, I think I gave up around the time Mr. Eko died and I feel like just checked it out to see how it would all end, but I didn't really pay that much attention.

You may be right, I can't really think it anything he's had to finish himself. Which doesn't inspire confidence either.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And here it is

Oh Christ, Jayis now bringing up Star Trek too. It's spreading!

Last edited:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Jay's "Is that a tribble?" line killed me (personally) and now I am dead. They've really subverted expectations. Very cool (kinda like my dead body).

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, that got dark.

Shudder is real! Holy crap! The Zachary Quinto Nosferatu show is real too and it's called "NOS4A2"! What is real and what is satire?!

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I clapped when I saw a new Nerd Crew video.

I gotta wonder where they keep all those props when they aren't doing Nerd Crew vids.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I clapped when I saw a new Nerd Crew video.

I gotta wonder where they keep all those props when they aren't doing Nerd Crew vids.

I think they keep the Nerd Crew stuff up all the time as you see it at the end of Plinketto 7 and they hadn't done one in a while at that point.

The Jyn toy joke was great. Her and Cassian's toys were so badly designed. I thought I was looking at a random recoloring of a Hoth rebel whenever I saw it and not the male lead of the movie.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the bit in the new video where they're mad at Disney for holding all the shows hostage or whatever didn't really ring true to me when it's an alternative to cable, which is owned by companies like Comcast that have literal monopolies in some areas over stuff like internet which is much more essential than the new star wars show

I know it's not supposed to be serious but it's just like... just don't subscribe if you don't want to lol

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
the bit in the new video where they're mad at Disney for holding all the shows hostage or whatever didn't really ring true to me when it's an alternative to cable, which is owned by companies like Comcast that have literal monopolies in some areas over stuff like internet which is much more essential than the new star wars show

I know it's not supposed to be serious but it's just like... just don't subscribe if you don't want to lol
Their shows are releasing weekly, so really, we're back to cable just paying more for it

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their shows are releasing weekly, so really, we're back to cable just paying more for it
It sucks, but the vibe I got from it is more "it's bad because they're hoarding all of the star wars shows which should be in theaters or on the service I already have" which kind of misses the forest for the trees lol

like it reminds me when people lose their shit and call EA's or Activision's CEOs evil for not greenlighting a single player game when completely missing that the actual problem is that that's how capitalism works

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Just going to break this Nerd Crew thing a bit and ask...

Do you think these guys would like the Dark Crystal show, or does that fall under the rather dumb label of "too kiddy, animation is silly" thing? (Even if it isn't)

I ask here because I rather not have the official topic go into freak out mode when I mention RLM.

Me, personally... I like seeing real things, and a touch of cgi when necessary

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Just going to break this Nerd Crew thing a bit and ask...

Do you think these guys would like the Dark Crystal show, or does that fall under the rather dumb label of "too kiddy, animation is silly" thing? (Even if it isn't)

I ask here because I rather not have the official topic go into freak out mode when I mention RLM.

Me, personally... I like seeing real things, and a touch of cgi when necessary

i dont think they think animation is "too kiddy" -- its just that animation is much more subjective when it comes to production. it has to be really bizarre for them to cover it.