• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I could never care about gremlins. I have no nostalgia for it since I didn't watch at an earlier age. Fight me
EagerWetLhasaapso-size_restricted.gif

Can't wait for Gremlins 2. Possibly my favorite film sequel.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Finally getting around to the most recent BOTW and.. The Instructor was filmed in my hometown! I gotta see this.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's eerie how closely my take on IT Chapter 2 aligns with Jay's.

I know next to nothing about Blaxploitation movies, except from what I gleemed from Black Dynamite (which I've heard is even funnier if you're familiar with the genre, but it's fucking hilarious without knowing shit), so I think I will thoroughly enjoy this video.

If you've seen Black Dynamite but no Rudy Ray Moore movies, then prepare to have your mind blown.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't been following Colin's podcast he had an episode recently where Jim guest starred and they talked about "Tiptoes" the film where Gary Oldman plays a little person

Also, the patreton page for the podcast has a special episode of Jim and Colin Q&A

I might go for one month just for the Jim and Colin content and binge the rest. Can you download Patreon podcasts just to have them on file to listen at me leisure?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. I thought this was gonna be a commentary track. I'm glad they can more accurately show how crazy this movie is.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I thought this was gonna be a commentary track. I'm glad they can more accurately show how crazy this movie is.
When they said this video was coming, they said it would be slightly redundant, because their Gremlins 1 commentary track already told people what they think of Gremlins 2, but Gremlins 2 is worth it, so it's getting it's own Re:View.

That's probably what mixed you up.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They say in the RE:view is was gonna be commentary but they'd just be repeating the official commentary track, so REview instead.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Loved Gremlins 2 since my childhood. I remember buying the novelization and reading it before seeing the movie. one of the first movies where i did that. It really warms my heart to see how well it has aged.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"wow, two guys talking glowingly for an hour about a 30 year old movie that's largely been forgotten by the general public - wait, they used three minutes of footage from the movie? shut these nefarious pirates down at once!" - Warner's copyright team, apparently

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"wow, two guys talking glowingly for an hour about a 30 year old movie that's largely been forgotten by the general public - wait, they used three minutes of footage from the movie? shut these nefarious pirates down at once!" - Warner's copyright team, apparently
lol, no human sees it

its all done by a bot

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, no human sees it

its all done by a bot
is it? i thought that usually footage gets claimed during the upload process. seems weird that it would be up for hours if it was automated but i don't know shit about the details of how the process works

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
yeah gremlin 2 review is down for now. Warner really wants to protect that tens of dollars Gremlins 2 makes them every day. lol

in other news Joe Dante watched the review.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
is it? i thought that usually footage gets claimed during the upload process. seems weird that it would be up for hours if it was automated but i don't know shit about the details of how the process works
Nah, done by a bot. That's why it happens so much and for stupid reasons. Youtubers need to appeal and then a team looks into it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched all but ten minutes then it kicked me out and said it was taken down. Gremlins is so good. Their pitch for a third movie was perfect too

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
this is why it's so key to have the footage from the film zoomed in, on a slight angle and obstructed by the youtuber

the stupid bots will get you every time

legit amazed the plinkett reviews haven't got got yet

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure this isn't the first time that Youtube bots took a video down. It'll be up eventually with no changes. Don't worry.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
with all these fucking streaming services reviving and rebooting every franchise under the sun, you better believe we're getting a gremlins soft reboot on HBO Max

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always figured a hypothetical gremlins 3 would deal with some time change fuckery and have gizmo turn into a gremlin but actually be good

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this is why it's so key to have the footage from the film zoomed in, on a slight angle and obstructed by the youtuber

the stupid bots will get you every time

When Jim Sterling was intentionally getting his videos claimed he was using just one or two seconds of audio to accomplish that, so nope.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love that dante and Galligan tweeted out the video. I hope if they ever do make a 3rd movie they bring mike and jay on to consult or something. You can tell they genuinely love the material and their ideas aren't half bad for a possible 3rd movie.