• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
There was an explosion that "killed him" in that episode.

Suder was a psychopath whom even futuretech couldn't cure (even though they had cured all forms of psychopathy, but not Suder's unique brand of it). So he joined the Maquis so he could direct his homicidal urges in positive ways, towards people he was socially allowed to kill (the Cardassians). After getting roped into boarding Voyager with the merging crews, he went too long without killing, so he killed a random redshirt, just because he really really needed to kill someone. He got thrown in jail (aka confined to his quarters), which he agreed with, because he doesn't like being a killer.

When the Kazon attacked Voyager, his quarters got blowed up, and he was presumed dead. But he was hiding in the duct work, and the explosion merely broke the lock on his door. When the Kazon cleared the ship, he was overlooked, because presumed dead.

"Wow Suder, you've done a great job of eluding the Kazon invaders. Your new mission: Relapse, and kill the fuck out of everyone so we can have our ship back."

Suder: "Goddammit."

Suder kills everyone and then gets shot in the back by a dying Kazon. Problem solved! No more loose ends for Janeway to clean up.
To add to this Suder became less homicidal and unhinged after Tuvok mind melded with him. On the flipside mind melding with Suder really messed Tuvok up. Resulting in one of the most hilarious scenes in Voyager when in a Holodeck simulation Tuvok strangles Neelix to death.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a particularly good video to sell me on his series. I like Jack but I don't know how good he can be at improvisation by himself. Hopefully he doesn't keep that way of speaking.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
And quite possibly he closest character he's played to the Exorcist character.
Theres that episode of the X Files where he plays a guy on Death Row who uses psychic powers to murder people on the outside while also bonding with Scully who has recently suffered a bereavement.
The episode is like a cross between Exorcist 3 and Silence of the lambs.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Jack's show a chance, but hopefully he has something interesting to say compared to the PreRec days or at least puts a little more spice into the videos. I sure hope that tone of voice isn't how he will be the whole time.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theres that episode of the X Files where he plays a guy on Death Row who uses psychic powers to murder people on the outside while also bonding with Scully who has recently suffered a bereavement.
The episode is like a cross between Exorcist 3 and Silence of the lambs.

Pretty sure he wasn't controlling the murderer. He was linking minds with the victims to give Scully clues to their whereabouts.

Fucking amazing episode, too.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
these marin scorsese threads sure are something else.
The man isn't saying anything outlandish when looked at as not an attack but a comment on what he feels is the equivalent of the films.

The fact people get defensive and start trying to undermine the achievements of such an amazing director, for Marvel of all properties in cinema, is insane. You can disagree with the man and even call him out for it, but insulting his work to defend marvel is just... Wow.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The man isn't saying anything outlandish when looked at as not an attack but a comment on what he feels is the equivalent of the films.

The fact people get defensive and start trying to undermine the achievements of such an amazing director, for Marvel of all properties in cinema, is insane. You can disagree with the man and even call him out for it, but insulting his work to defend marvel is just... Wow.

A bad comment is bound to cause bad reactions. Scorsese is an amazing director but his comment of Marvel movies not being cinema is extremely disrespectful.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, his first comment was kind of lacking. He was asked if he's been watching the MCU (because that's THE big thing in movies today), and he says he tried, but they're unwatchable to him, because they're "not cinema", and they're not "the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being."

People can be forgiven for thinking that that's a specific attack against the MCU movies that they found emotionally moving (although responding to that by trying to insult Scorsese's work is wrong and stupid).

But then, Scorsese has the opportunity to make a longer, more eloquent statement, and it seems that he's upset because he had to go to Netflix to get his latest movie made, because studios don't want to invest in high art anymore, they want to maximize their profits with blockbusters, and even if you get your film made with Netflix money, cinemas won't give you screens to run your movie.

"It's not cinema, it's something else," he argued. "We shouldn't be invaded by it. We need cinemas to step up and show films that are narrative films."

Sooo... he's not even talking about high art/low art anymore (his definition of "cinema" was lowered as soon as he called theaters "cinemas"), he seems to be arguing that blockbusters [Marvel movies?] are not film. That they're not "theater movies".

And then, he seems to suggest that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are cool, as if Star Wars and Jaws didn't create the monster that he's railing against.

He's definitely got some things to say, but I don't think he's doing a good job of saying it, and he should probably stop using "Marvel movies" as shorthand for "blockbusters" (if that's even what he's doing, he might just be a DC/Snyder fanboy with a mad-on for the MCU).

Last edited:

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

goose whatever. not really sure what the point of the show is. seems just like a review show i guess. not super interesting.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't bad. It's just another review video out of the millions out there. Basically what the Previously Recorded reviews were minus it having the bonus of being the RLM guys for us fans. Jack isn't bad as a solo host, but I already do so many review and gaming channels I don't know if I need another series to follow when it's largely just a standard review. If he had comedy skits and something else to make it stand out a bit more I'd be interested. So gonna be a pass from me just due to limited time and oversaturation.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This wasn't bad. It's just another review video out of the millions out there. Basically what the Previously Recorded reviews were minus it having the bonus of being the RLM guys for us fans. Jack isn't bad as a solo host, but I already do so many review and gaming channels I don't know if I need another series to follow when it's largely just a standard review. If he had comedy skits and something else to make it stand out a bit more I'd be interested. So gonna be a pass from me just due to limited time and oversaturation.

Pre Rec was fun to watch because of the banter between Rich and Jack, same way HitB is fun for the banter between Mike and Jay. I don't think I'd want to watch any of them outside of Jay do a solo review as themselves.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pre Rec was fun to watch because of the banter between Rich and Jack, same way HitB is fun for the banter between Mike and Jay. I don't think I'd want to watch any of them outside of Jay do a solo review as themselves.
Probably. I was trying to consider Mike doing something solo and his asshole charisma basically needs someone to play off and react when it's more spontaneous and on the spot.

Oct 25, 2017
five minute into the Exorcist 3 video I'm asking myself "why haven't I watched this yet", so I'm gonna watch the exorcist movies this month, I guess.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yea, the only time solo stuff that worked was Mike doing Plinkett reviews and those are more structured as written sketches with input by Jay and Rich.
Yeah, those don't count as it's an act. I can't imagine Mike or Jay or Rich talking directly to the camera. I prefer when they banter amongst themselves. It's kinda weird enough having Jack now talking directly to the camera.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

goose whatever. not really sure what the point of the show is. seems just like a review show i guess. not super interesting.

The weird "heightened Jack" and "real Jack" swings are just a bit off putting to me, if only because I know he can just be "real Jack" and do reviews. But I guess if you're doing a solo show, you have to so some gimmick...

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Watched Exorcist 3. I think it's competent, reasonably entertaining, and think that if it had a better director, and maybe a few more changes in the writing it could be really solid. I do agree with RLM that the studio reshoots were required.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Where is this thread's hype for a new star wars trailer? RLM's favorite science fiction series with the word wars in the title.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i cannot wait for this forums reactions to this movie if what i suspect is going to happen does happen

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a month and a half since a Best of the Worst. Come on, RLM, I need some trash!

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Expecting lots of new content this weekend and next what with it being Halloween 'n all.

At least I hope. Fucking hack frauds.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to them be such bad actors in everything else I can't ever hear their voices and think it's good acting so I'll have to trust others on it lmao