• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Yeah it makes way more sense to remake movies that had a solid premise but failed due to terrible execution.

Except, of course, financial sense.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
donald farmer has 2 movies called Cannibel Hookers. explains a lot.

that was one of the best BotW in quite some time. shark exorcist is one of the sleaziest films.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
donald farmer has 2 movies called Cannibel Hookers. explains a lot.

that was one of the best BotW in quite some time. shark exorcist is one of the sleaziest films.
Is it more embarrassing than that movie of the hot ladies turning into dinosaur alligators after throwing themselves at the ugly scientist who was totally not the writer and director and wrote himself in to make out with hot ladies?

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Jon Mikl Thor also starred in a movie where he played a 30 year old teenager killed by bullies, who was then resurrected sometimes as a different actor as a revenge zombie. It was creatively named Zombie Nightmare.

But then it turns out it was all a revenge story about Thor's dead dad wanting to kill Adam West because the movie ran out of plot just before the end.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
The twist with Mike at the end was better than the twist in Rock 'n Roll Nightmare.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I knew Mike would pick Shark Exorcist

Man, I wish we got a new BOTW every week

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Mike being a contrarian. He has his definition of BotW which I cant disagree with in the context of RLM. He's emphasizing the WORST.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
and guess which video came by to wash the bad taste

IKNIrsw.gif

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The twist with Mike at the end was better than the twist in Rock 'n Roll Nightmare.
Nah, Jack even predicted that Mike was gonna do it. Jay said that Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare was "the only choice" for BOTW, and then Jack says "Until we go to Mike" and passes off to him.

And the rules of BOTW say that you get to choose the movie that entertained you the most, for any reason. Watching an absolute trainwreck of a movie counts, as long as that trainwreck keeps your attention. Jack-O was a big nothing. Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare had Mike too bored for 90% of the movie (even Rich reduced the movie to it's final 10%). Everyone else disqualified Shark Exorcist due to intensely despising it (which is their right), but Mike gave it points for being new to him. Terrible, but new.

The Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare twist was a better twist because it was self-aware that the movie up to that point was failing to live up to it's potential, so it threw that all out and went crazy, and for a brief moment it became the movie it always should have been. It's not a twist that the audience could have seen coming, and it works with what it's got to elevate the work tremendously.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Jack even predicted that Mike was gonna do it. Jay said that Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare was "the only choice" for BOTW, and then Jack says "Until we go to Mike" and passes off to him.

And the rules of BOTW say that you get to choose the movie that entertained you the most, for any reason. Watching an absolute trainwreck of a movie counts, as long as that trainwreck keeps your attention. Jack-O was a big nothing. Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare had Mike too bored for 90% of the movie (even Rich reduced the movie to it's final 10%). Everyone else disqualified Shark Exorcist due to intensely despising it (which is their right), but Mike gave it points for being new to him. Terrible, but new.

The Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare twist was a better twist because it was self-aware that the movie up to that point was failing to live up to it's potential, so it threw that all out and went crazy, and for a brief moment it became the movie it always should have been. It's not a twist that the audience could have seen coming, and it works with what it's got to elevate the work tremendously.

You're right. Mike being contrarian is about as surprising as a Venn diagram of My Little Pony and Donald Farmer movie fans being a perfect circle at this point.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The best part of Mike's contrarian schtick is that Jay and Rich didn't realize he was being serious at first.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching the Gremlins 2 Re:View after rewatching the movie alongside Giant Bomb. This movie is fucking bananas. I can't think of anything else that gave less of a fuck. It's just...everything.

Deleted member 37303

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Patreon Update
Hello! We've shot a few videos in the last couple days. We just shot a Half in the Bag for Terminator: Dark Fate and we also shot a Half in the Bag 2019 catch-up episode (which will most likely be split up into two parts). We've got a lot going on behind the scenes coming up which we'll update everyone on a little later, so we'll be posting those Half in the Bags throughout the next few weeks. Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious what they will say about Terminator. They talked in their T1 commentary track about how every Terminator sequel (outside of Salvation) is the same movie and Dark Fate really is no different. Mike might be a surprise since he liked Jurassic World.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jay was talking about Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and Lighthouse on twitter recently. Those two are definitely in the catchup video.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wonder what they'll think of Terminator. it's reviewing a lot better than i expected, though i will admit that last trailer with the scene with the new Terminator slaughtering dozens of ICE agents piqued my interest

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The film has loads of nonsense and plot holes and nearly all it's ideas have been done by previous films. Better than Gynesis as praise?

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i had looked at the RT score when i posted that and glancing over the spoiler thread methinks they might not be so kind cuz boy oh boy some people really do not seem to like it at all

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
actual putting full spoiler in the title makes it seem they might actually care a little?

or maybe they just don't want people complaining.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think they probably just realized they didn't give their usual spoiler warning in the video and just threw that on there as a catch-all