• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Rich and Mike should just review every episode of Voyager

There was a lady who wrote a review of every Voyager episode that I started to read her after I watched every episode cause it was hilarious. She really hated Seven of Nine as a "female" character and Janeways duplicity in the writing.

I forgot who she was but it was well worth it since there are so many weird/bad episodes of Voyager

Found her. Looks like she is migrating everything into a blog CMS, the previous site had every episode reviewed.

www.douxreviews.com

Star Trek Voyager

Juliette Harrisson reviews episodes of the TV series 'Star Trek: Voyager'.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rich and Mike should do a podcast where they talk about TNG. They could do, like, two episodes per week?
They can't even maintain a regular stream of videos, how do we expect them to also squeeze in podcasts. I think if they ever moved to podcasts without getting a dedicated team member to be just the sound engineer/editor, we'll have to sacrifice another video series.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
They can't even maintain a regular stream of videos, how do we expect them to also squeeze in podcasts. I think if they ever moved to podcasts without getting a dedicated team member to be just the sound engineer/editor, we'll have to sacrifice another video series.

I wonder hoy many days it took to edit the latest Junka episode, I doubt they have a lot of time left to pile on more work.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019

This might be a controversial take, but everything they bring up makes me remember why I liked watching S1 of the Orville more than the new Trek shows. At least I don't feel like an insane person while most people I know are singing its praises.

Maybe I just like the "We learned something today" stories and feel there should be more of them, but I don't like the direction the new shows are taking at all.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait .. she wasn't suppose to be a romulan, I guess I should re watch those episodes.
Yeah it wasn't very clear as we're finding out Romulans have infiltrated Starfleet, they've decided to remove Romulan head ridges so now they look even more like Vulcans and she seems to express emotion. Makes it very unclear.

Are we sure she is Vulcan?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Rich and Mike should do a podcast where they talk about TNG. They could do, like, two episodes per week?
Only if they make videos making fun of the podcast too.
This might be a controversial take, but everything they bring up makes me remember why I liked watching S1 of the Orville more than the new Trek shows. At least I don't feel like an insane person while most people I know are singing its praises.

Maybe I just like the "We learned something today" stories and feel there should be more of them, but I don't like the direction the new shows are taking at all.
Yeah I like The Orville way more than Discovery or Picard, it actually feels like I'm watching Star Trek when watching it.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair people tossed out that theory soon as 'secret old Romulans hate AI for some reason' was revealed. But screenrant being so late to the party makes this timing suspect.

Oct 25, 2017
It's either a) Romulans are a race of former Vulcan biosynths, or b) Romulans created the Borg.

They are both the logical conclusions from what we've been presented.

B was my original theory from the introduction of the Zhat-Vash, but am leaning more to A at the moment.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
It's either a) Romulans are a race of former Vulcan biosynths, or b) Romulans created the Borg.

B was my original theory from the introduction of the Zhat-Vash, but am leaning more to A at the moment.

"A" would be a secret that would "break minds" however it wouldn't answer why they would also want to destroy all other synthetic life, does it?

"B" would explain why they would hate synthetic life, but is it really a secret that would "break minds?" I mean, most races in the Federation hated the Romulans already and there were 14 planets that just wanted to fuck them over during the supernova. Can they really be hated more? And after the events of Voyager the Borg really aren't a problem anymore are they? I cannot remember much of what happened after Future Janeway did her deal with the queen.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people are bored waiting for new RLM Star Trek content, you could watch Jack talk randomly about videogames. Apparently he's doing this on a weekly basis now.

www.youtube.com

Temtem Is a Solid Pokémon Clone and I’m Excited to Play More | UnderDeveloped

Subscribe to Escapist Magazine! ►► http://bit.ly/Sub2EscapistThis week Jack wades into the tall grass to get an early look at Temtem, a Pokémon-like game tha...

www.youtube.com

Why's It So Gosh Darn Hard to Make a DOOM Movie? | UnderDeveloped

Subscribe to Escapist Magazine! ►► http://bit.ly/Sub2EscapistDoom is a video game about a lone Marine fighting demons from Hell.Doom: Annihilation is a movie...

www.youtube.com

Heathen: The Sons of the Law Has a Lot of Potential, If It’s Ever Finished | UnderDeveloped

Subscribe to Escapist Magazine! ►► http://bit.ly/Sub2EscapistThis week Jack played another Early Access game, Heathen: The Sons of the Law, which is a first-...

www.youtube.com

Developed by One Person, Bright Memory Is an FPS Absolutely Worth Your Time | UnderDeveloped

Subscribe to Escapist Magazine! ►► http://bit.ly/Sub2EscapistThis week Jack looks at Bright Memory, an early access title that shoves five pounds of quality ...

www.youtube.com

The Pedestrian Makes Other Puzzle Games Look Pedestrian | UnderDeveloped

Subscribe to Escapist Magazine! ►► http://bit.ly/Sub2EscapistThe Pedestrian is a puzzle/platforming game that’s very clever, but a little short.Jack is the h...

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
has anyone been keeping up with his videos? I dont know how interested i can be in unscripted Jack by himself as the intro video was rough

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
They're fine if you want to see the standard professional game person who breaks down a video game (mechanic). It felt like what he wanted to do all along but couldn't make it work because no one would watch it when it was via PreRec.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're fine if you want to see the standard professional game person who breaks down a video game (mechanic). It felt like what he wanted to do all along but couldn't make it work because no one would watch it when it was via PreRec.
looking at those videos, each one has like 20-40k views. i'm sure he could have gotten that (and probably more) with PreRec.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
looking at those videos, each one has like 20-40k views. i'm sure he could have gotten that (and probably more) with PreRec.
These are much easier to do with just him though, and I assume they had greater ambitions since they killed the channel.
I'm assuming that Jack also gets some guaranteed payment from Escapist for each video too.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
The streams had a few good moments. Mike playing QWOP and Don't Shit Your Pants in particular. But I'll always be partial to that one time that Jack killed his own FTL boarding party w/ Rich coaching him via Skype (1hr 20min):

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017

In the Firefly movie "Serenity"...

We found out "the truth that burned up River Tam's brain" was that the Alliance created the Reavers. It would be pretty lame if Picard recycled that idea fifteen years later.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
9umXkEH.png

Scion

Oct 27, 2017
I could do with a Wheel episode. Junka is alright but it always takes way too long to get to the movie parts.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mike(?) repying to Rick Berman on twitter. Spoilers for Picard.

I only just realized...

"Fuck you, Rick Berman."

It's amazing what 10 years can do to your perceptions. Same with George Lucas. Dave Filoni (the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons, and the Mandalorian) was just commenting how he loves George and how George was a great leader and idea man, and how he still regularly consults with George and gets his input (unlike JJ Abrams), and I was just thinking that I want George Lucas to come back (not to direct, obviously).

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
George Lucas without full creative control but able to bounce his ideas around with a group of people willing to say no is the best timeline we can hope for. The insistence in keeping him away got us well, all of the recent movies. Letting him come back but just work as an advisor or person bouncing ideas around would be great.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
George Lucas without full creative control but able to bounce his ideas around with a group of people willing to say no is the best timeline we can hope for. The insistence in keeping him away got us well, all of the recent movies. Letting him come back but just work as an advisor or person bouncing ideas around would be great.
One of the other things that was apparently great about George Lucas as a leader was his own personal commitment. The Clone Wars cartoon apparently lost money in the first couple of seasons, and others would have cancelled the show. George said "I don't care if it loses money" and signed some more checks. Everyone's pay came out of his pocket. He's got a ton of money. He liked the show. So no, the show's not cancelled.

Apparently the show's budget was around one or two million per episode, or basically whatever the studio needed to accomplish their vision. After George sold Lucasfilm, Disney apparently looked at the studio and said "We think you can do this for $500,000 per episode. So that's your new budget. Get it done for that price or you're fired." So of course the quality dropped.

Must have been nice to have a boss who cared about you as much as George apparently cared about the people who worked for him.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I'm not sure if any of y'all fuck with the expanse but I started the books and the show (maybe I'll just make a lttp thread, probably the 20th one about the expanse)

the book is good so far (almost done with the first one!) but the show is... not the best?

i don't like the changes, and even if i hadnt read the book im not sure I'd like the show

there's a lot of tnt knows drama with people just yelling and fighting that wasn't there and im not a huge fan. seems useless and dumb just to make things "exciting"

i do remember people saying it gets better about both the books and the show though

im glad thomas jane is getting work though

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read the books but honestly the expanse TV shows stands on its own two feet fairly well. Yeah in all likelyhood like it's normally the case the source is going to be superior.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I did the opposite, watched the show and thought it was fantastic so read the books.

I prefer the show, likely for the same reason people who do the opposite order prefer the books.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I fucking adore The Expanse (tv). Loved it from the first episode, which I only mention cuz I've heard many say it starts off not so great.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly? I'd guess Wheel of Misfortune is not quite as catchy of a name as 'Wheel of the Worst'. Maybe they also genuinely prefer spinning it vertically as it's easier to showcase the spinning and films.

sort of seems like a waste of Rich's time for something they use twice a year. lol.

I'm not sure if any of y'all fuck with the expanse but I started the books and the show (maybe I'll just make a lttp thread, probably the 20th one about the expanse)

the book is good so far (almost done with the first one!) but the show is... not the best?

i don't like the changes, and even if i hadnt read the book im not sure I'd like the show

there's a lot of tnt knows drama with people just yelling and fighting that wasn't there and im not a huge fan. seems useless and dumb just to make things "exciting"

i do remember people saying it gets better about both the books and the show though

im glad thomas jane is getting work though

I still loved it but yeah Season 1 is a bit rough. If you're liking the books better then you'll be happy to know that the writers of the books are much more involved in the later seasons. They've talked before about how they didn't have the influence to get things the way they wanted them. Definitely make it to season 2. Season 2 is fantastic.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
what was wrong with the wheel of misfortune?
From what I've seen/heard with the previous wheels is that they had to do second takes with cameras close-up on the selected tapes. So they had to reposition the cameras each time for that. For the Wheel of Misfortune they had to place a camera above it for those shots.

I think this new wheel is camera/eye level and will facilitate that focused shot of the picked tapes easier for them.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Don't do both at the same time. Read all the books first, then go back to the show and allow it to be its own thing. And yeah, it improves as the show goes on.

For me, book Amos is different than show Amos, but they are both great.
I'll probably just put a hold on the show then until I read up some. Thanks for the advice.
I haven't read the books but honestly the expanse TV shows stands on its own two feet fairly well. Yeah in all likelyhood like it's normally the case the source is going to be superior.
I only said it because I was thinking of one particular part
where after the cant is destroyed, theyre on the knight

in the book they just cruise off and get on the big mars ship, thats it nothing super exciting happens, theres some mild arguing about chasing and broadcasting but its mostly the main guy realizing he's being emotional and listening to his second in command after she disagrees

in the tv show its a whole episode where something gets broken and we have to yell and push and fight and oh no we're gonna run out of air now race against time! its just made up drama for dramas sake, to make the episode more "exciting". has very little to do with the plot (im assuming maybe it comes back!)

same with episode 3 where in the book they're even suprised how nicely they're treated but on the show there has to be yelling and in fighting and now we're pitting you all against each other. can you feel the drama happening?
I think I would have been exhausted and rolling my eyes from this stuff no matter what.
I still loved it but yeah Season 1 is a bit rough. If you're liking the books better then you'll be happy to know that the writers of the books are much more involved in the later seasons. They've talked before about how they didn't have the influence to get things the way they wanted them. Definitely make it to season 2. Season 2 is fantastic.
Maybe all my qualms are ironed out later! We'll find out!

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably just put a hold on the show then until I read up some. Thanks for the advice.

I only said it because I was thinking of one particular part
where after the cant is destroyed, theyre on the knight

in the book they just cruise off and get on the big mars ship, thats it nothing super exciting happens, theres some mild arguing about chasing and broadcasting but its mostly the main guy realizing he's being emotional and listening to his second in command after she disagrees

in the tv show its a whole episode where something gets broken and we have to yell and push and fight and oh no we're gonna run out of air now race against time! its just made up drama for dramas sake, to make the episode more "exciting". has very little to do with the plot (im assuming maybe it comes back!)

same with episode 3 where in the book they're even suprised how nicely they're treated but on the show there has to be yelling and in fighting and now we're pitting you all against each other. can you feel the drama happening?

I think some of that is, since it's the same writers writing the show, that having written more of the series by that point, they recontextualized a lot of what they previously wrote.

such as...

how the martians treat them as paranoidly as they do, they might not have fully fleshed out the martian militaristic ethos at that point.
Also the second episode stuff makes more sense then that rickety ship not being affected by debris/shockwave of the Cant.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I think some of that is, since it's the same writers writing the show, that having written more of the series by that point, they recontextualized a lot of what they previously wrote.

such as...

how the martians treat them as paranoidly as they do, they might not have fully fleshed out the martian militaristic ethos at that point.
Also the second episode stuff makes more sense then that rickety ship not being affected by debris/shockwave of the Cant.
yeah im trying to give it a chance but im just cynical about it i guess. hopefully i come around and stop acting like a dweeb just because i read the book barely ahead of where i am on the show

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Macaulay Culkin is going to be on the next season of American Horror Story.

I remember they briefly talked about the show a few times, with Mike thinking it was okay and Jay seeming to hate it, but maybe they'll do a re:view or sit down with the new season.