• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Eko not returning is addressed in the videos. ABC insiders said that the actor wanted five times his pay from when he was first on the show and the show runners chose not use him. The actor came out and said he only asked for twice as much.

And that "twice as much" actually means being paid the same as everyone else returning, because he claimed he was initially offered half of what the other people in the church were.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm honestly more pissed about Eko not being followed up on than Michael and Walt. His charisma was amazing. Dude could believably turn from an introspective priest to an fearsome warrior on a dime.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Think I'm honestly more pissed about Eko not being followed up on than Michael and Walt. His charisma was amazing. Dude could believably turn from an introspective priest to an fearsome warrior on a dime.
He's a great character portrayed by a great actor. Him, Michael, and Walt should have been there in the sideways somehow. If fucking Keamy is there, so can the three of them. It's quite absurd.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'll always have a special place in my heart for LOST, but if there's one thing this video series has me thinking, it's that the series needs a reboot some day.

Imagine it. A chance to take all the stuff that the original show laid down, pick out all the best bits, throw away all the stuff that doesn't make sense or goes nowhere and design a series from start to finish before filming ever begins. A version of LOST where every mystery is explained, and where everything actually does make sense. It'd be beautiful.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been tempted to revisit Lost. I saw the show on netflix like when it came out so I was in high school then. This was the first show to hook me like no other, and right when I was finished I felt this sense of sadness and disappointment. Thankfully, around this time I also discovered Breaking Bad which then got me to watch other great shows like Mad Men and The Wire. But Lost was the first and it felt like a roller coaster ride throughout most of the time. I would still recommend it since the characters are what matters. However, would I ever revisit it again was the question that always lingered in the back of my head after finishing it. I just finished watching this review (this way longer than it needed to be honestly) I did come out of it realizing that I would never in a million years will sit down and watch Lost again. The show is just not worth it anymore

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did i ever miss these videos? They addressed all the problems i had with the show and why it was such a massive disappointment. Such a brilliant concept for a show squandered. Fantastic work and thanks for sharing OP!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll always have a special place in my heart for LOST, but if there's one thing this video series has me thinking, it's that the series needs a reboot some day.

Imagine it. A chance to take all the stuff that the original show laid down, pick out all the best bits, throw away all the stuff that doesn't make sense or goes nowhere and design a series from start to finish before filming ever begins. A version of LOST where every mystery is explained, and where everything actually does make sense. It'd be beautiful.
Get the original cast, do another flash sideways. Fix Lost. Lindelof is a bad person.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was showing some coworkers these videos after they binged Lost to get the reaction of people who had just experienced the show without the baggage of the producer's antics, and remembered that I made this thread. I even offered the same advice to those folk that Reetae suggested: yes you should watch the show because the high points are worthy of being seen, but don't worry about the plot coming together satisfyingly in the end.

Have any of you gone through the entire review and formed any opinions of it since?

I've found some people online who started watching the entire show this year and gave their reactions. And as infuriating as the plotting of the story is to me, I concede that it's a testament to the directing, acting and score that it's a very affecting ending. Damn, I'm always of two minds when I view this ending.

Currently watching the Normies binge this show. One of them is a newbie taking everything in starry eyed the first time, the other is a hardcore fanboy who can't stop giggling at every line. It's an interesting watch.

Oct 27, 2017
The review actually goes into this very line of thinking and how moronic it is. So congrats to you for being everything wrong with modern online criticism!

What's wrong with modern online criticism is some moron thinking their opinion is so damn important that people should dedicate 10 hours of their valuable time listening to it not to mention erroneously thinking somehow it's going to change anyone's mind. His/her opinion has zero validity over mine, yours, or anyone elses no matter how long they prattle on about it.
It was a fantastic show and the ending made perfect sense to me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just say you don't like hearing criticism. It would be more honest.

I couldn't care less that other people don't like Lost or its ending. What I object to is being asked to dedicate 10 hours of my life, let alone 10 minutes of it, watching someone yammer on about it. They could have loved the show or hated it I still wouldn't waste my time in that fashion.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less that other people don't like Lost or its ending. What I object to is being asked to dedicate 10 hours of my life, let alone 10 minutes of it, watching someone yammer on about it. They could have loved the show or hated it I still wouldn't waste my time in that fashion.
Good thing you aren't being forced to. But apparently you did have to come in to insult the creator of these videos with the weakest bullshit imaginable.

2018 and we are still getting "You didn't get it."

edit: Oh and this:
His/her opinion has zero validity over mine, yours, or anyone elses no matter how long they prattle on about it.
Is everything wrong with modern online criticism. The fact that you bring up the 'validity' of someone's subjective views on a piece of art/media says it all, you haven't watched the video but treat it like it has no value whatsoever. Maybe you don't want to put in the time to watch such a long piece, which is completely fine, but you deem the author's work and views worthless, sight unseen, while putting your own on a pedestal and that is the problem.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing you aren't being forced to. But apparently you did have to come in to insult the creator of these videos with the weakest bullshit imaginable.

2018 and we are still getting "You didn't get it."

If you want to spend 10 hours of your time watching random nobodies review TV shows you do you. And yes, I'm going to insult the creators because apparently they have nothing better to do with their time, or their viewers, then whine over a decade-old show thinking that "This time I really will convince people that show was just no good with my superior intellect and show watching mad skills". It's pathetic.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
What's wrong with modern online criticism is some moron thinking their opinion is so damn important that people should dedicate 10 hours of their valuable time listening to it not to mention erroneously thinking somehow it's going to change anyone's mind.
Man, you must loooove books.

His/her opinion has zero validity over mine, yours, or anyone elses no matter how long they prattle on about it.
Some opinions are better than others. Better informed, better thought out. Sorry, but hey.
(not that you would know what his opinion is worth if you didn't even take the time to confirm the guy's gender, of course)

yes, I'm going to insult the creators because apparently they have nothing better to do with their time, or their viewers, then whine over a decade-old show thinking that "This time I really will convince people that show was just no good with my superior intellect and show watching mad skills". It's pathetic.
I know, right? I mean, if you want to boast about your supposed superior intellect, why not simply write a few short posts on a forum and laugh at those that "just fucking didn't get it"? Coming up with actual arguments? Ha! What a loser.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Repeated Hostility and Thread Derailment
Man, you must loooove books.

Some opinions are better than others. Better informed, better thought out. Sorry, but hey.
(not that you would know what his opinion is worth if you didn't even take the time to confirm the guy's gender, of course)

I know, right? I mean, if you want to boast about your supposed superior intellect, why not simply write a few short posts on a forum and laugh at those that "just fucking didn't get it"? Coming up with actual arguments? Ha! What a loser.

Yes, and we all know who you are which is the person that has spent inordinate amounts of time and energy on GAF and here failing at convincing anyone Lost sucks. But keep tilting at that windmill, Don Quixote.
And, as usual, you get things completely wrong either by choice or by lacking critical thinking skills. I did not claim to have superior intellect I said that the person posting the video thought they do. You really need to start paying attention, just like you never did when Lost aired.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
as usual, you get things completely wrong either by choice or by lacking critical thinking skills. I did not claim to have superior intellect I said that the person posting the video thought they do.
(Yes, you said that of someone you called "he/she", which really goes to show you know what you're talking about, huh?)
... OK, so once again: "someone that just fucking didn't get it".
Still not spotting the irony?

You really need to start paying attention
Hohoho.

Oct 27, 2017
(Yes, you said that of someone you called "he/she", which really goes to show you know what you're talking about, huh?)
... OK, so once again: "someone that just fucking didn't get it".
Still not spotting the irony?

Hohoho.
There is zero irony. As I already expressed I'm not watching some dumbassed YouTube video put out by some loser who needs to go on and on about a tv show either in a positive or negative way. That is entirely different than not paying attention to the actual show, yes?
But then I already know you don't get it because you have shown this time and again when it comes to Lost. "If I just whine for 40 more posts and insult everyone who doesn't agree with me I'm sure I'll convince someone Lost sucks" you apparently say to yourself endlessly.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
There is zero irony. As I already expressed I'm not watching some dumbassed YouTube video put out by some loser who needs to go on and on about a tv show either in a positive or negative way. That is entirely different than not paying attention to the actual show, yes?
But then I already know you don't get it because you have shown this time and again when it comes to Lost. "If I just whine for 40 more posts and insult everyone who doesn't agree with me I'm sure I'll convince someone Lost sucks" you apparently say to yourself endlessly.

I think you're taking this a bit too personally.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You posted on the first page:

One of the best endings to a series ever. It brought the whole thing full circle with Jack laying there. The last little bit with them all going on to the afterlife was great.

That was fucking back in January. Why are you still posting in this thread about a video review series that youve had 10 months to watch but still complain about and brag about refusing to watch. Insulting a person you dont even know and complaining about content you havent even bothered with, is fucking dumb.

Oct 27, 2017

That was fucking back in January. Why are you still posting in this thread about a video review series that youve had 10 months to watch but still complain about and brag about refusing to watch. Insulting a person you dont even know and complaining about content you havent even bothered with, is fucking dumb.

Because why would I remember posting in some thread about Lost damn near a year later? You seem to care far more than I do given you went to the effort of seeing if I posted in the thread earlier.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Because why would I remember posting in some thread about Lost damn near a year later? You seem to care far more than I do given you went to the effort of seeing if I posted in the thread earlier.
The little notification up top telling you that someone's posted in a thread that you've posted in would be all the reminder you would need. It's how this thread popped in my radar to begin with, unless you want to pretend you don't know how this forum works.

It take very little effort to ctrl+f your username in 6 pages of a thread. I care that you're acting like a huge baby shitting up the thread with your nonsensical posts.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Wow, lol.

Dude needs to just go home now.

Oct 27, 2017
The little notification up top telling you that someone's posted in a thread that you've posted in would be all the reminder you would need. It's how this thread popped in my radar to begin with, unless you want to pretend you don't know how this forum works.

It take very little effort to ctrl+f your username in 6 pages of a thread. I care that you're acting like a huge baby shitting up the thread with your nonsensical posts.

What are you even going on about? You get a notification if someone quotes you not if they've posted in the same thread as you which would be absurd and insane.
I'm pretty well convinced you're an Irigu or whatever alt because you make zero sense.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What are you even going on about? You get a notification if someone quotes you not if they've posted in the same thread as you which would be absurd and insane.
21W1SlJ.jpg

And even if you had that turned off, you'd have to be blind not to see the eye on the thread before you clicked it.

I'm pretty well conivince you're an Irigu or whatever alt because you make zero sense.
No. Two different people calling you out on your bullshit.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how I am just "not supposed to worry" about the plot getting itself together in the end. If I know the end isn't going to answer half of the questions with any semblance of satisfaction, what's the point? I'd get involved in something just to be let down and annoyed at the end, I can't just "not worry" about it. What am I supposed to "not worry" about while I'm watching it? Is there an episode - by - episode checklist of plot lines that I don't need to worry about I can use while watching it? Should I just ignore the television when certain story elements are unfolding?

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to spend 10 hours of your time watching random nobodies review TV shows you do you. And yes, I'm going to insult the creators because apparently they have nothing better to do with their time, or their viewers, then whine over a decade-old show thinking that "This time I really will convince people that show was just no good with my superior intellect and show watching mad skills". It's pathetic.
What are your thoughts on literary criticism? Are books fair game but analyzing & critiquing television shows a waste of time... or how would you like to see it done? Do you object to the video format itself as a means to criticize a television show, is it that it's 10 hours, is that what makes them a "pathetic" "random nobody" or a "loser", like would you prefer if it were an essay? Or do you think people should just enjoy things, or not, and simply refrain from critiquing a tv show in any kind of long-form piece? I'm having a difficult time seeing where you're coming from.

I think a 10 hour video's not a bad format in and of itself, really. LOST is a pretty long show (it's 121 hours long!), so I can see why a thorough critique of the show would take a while. I mean, people give three hour lectures on two hour films all the time in academia, so for a 121 hour series....

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
21W1SlJ.jpg

And even if you had that turned off, you'd have to be blind not to see the eye on the thread before you clicked it.

No. Two different people calling you out on your bullshit.
Yes, and again you can see if that is someone quotes you so.....?
The "reply" thing I seriously know nothing about and why in the world would anyone want notifications if people reply in a thread? That sounds ridiculous to me. Millennials are now ruining forums.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with modern online criticism is some moron thinking their opinion is so damn important that people should dedicate 10 hours of their valuable time listening to it not to mention erroneously thinking somehow it's going to change anyone's mind. His/her opinion has zero validity over mine, yours, or anyone elses no matter how long they prattle on about it.
It was a fantastic show and the ending made perfect sense to me.

The reason these videos are great is precisely because so much in them is actually just facts. The showrunners lied too damn much. That they lied and contradicted themselves over and over again on so many aspects of the show is not an opinion, it's a fact. This guy just brought all that together precisely so we know that "Oh, he didn't get it" or "It's just his opinion" aren't valid defenses. If you had watched the videos, we probably wouldn't be seeing you in this thread anymore because there is no defending Lindelof and Cuse.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oh, it's the Watched Thread list? Yeah, I use that. That's how I saw this. I thought he meant the notification that pops up in the corner. Bookmarked threads have been around for a long time.
That is what WrenchNinja uses and it's so much worse than just using the Watched Threads page.