• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Agreed. Even though the shitty ending retroactively ruined the show, the community surrounding it hasn't been matched since imo. It was a blast to be a part of while the show was airing.

A couple things. First, a shitty ending doesn't retroactively ruin the show. It doesn't make seasons 1 or 4 any less amazing television from start to finish from the writing to the acting.

Second, the ending was great. I stand by that. The final season had a ton of problems but the final episode was perfection.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Was so so on the ending at the time. On rewatch recently I really liked it. Probably my favorite TV series ever made.

Oct 30, 2017
LOST was perhaps the single greatest TV show I'd see since Band of Brothers (at the time) and it was on fucking NETWORK tv. However, the entire show fell off the deep end and went to shit mid season 4 with all the time travel bullshit. From there on out the entire show just was a giant clusterfuck. I never expected them to answer or wrap anything whatsoever, so the ending wasn't bad for me. It had me questioning purgatory etc and all sorts of things so it had some value in making me guess even at the end. Would have preferred a better ending but the shot was already toast long before then.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These reviews are some of the best on the Internet. As a show LOST could have gone down in history as one of the greatest ones ever but seasons 5 & 6 were such embarrassing disasters, it honestly feels like the writers just stopped caring post season 4.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These reviews are some of the best on the Internet.
They really are. I just wish he let viewers know up front that these videos are split up and titled to feed into the ending, rather than let the be a mystery up until the 5th video. I get that it plays into how Lost executed its main mystery, but too many people are put off by its daunting length.

Reetae does a good job of modulating his delivery from even tones to comedic reactions to baffling plot points, otherwise it would be a chore to listen to him drone on. He also put in a lot of work to make sure that every clip corresponded to his narration for the entire runtime.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, these types of critiques aren't worth my time imo. Lost was a flawed show, but that doesn't stop it from being some damn good television. And it'll always be my favorite series, flaws and all. :)

Everyone needs to chill in this thread though lol, although I do find it funny that that Erigu guy hasn't moved on from these arguments after so many years lmao

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just want to say that after rewatching this he was right on the money. The show jumped the shark long before it got to that ending but honestly the culmination of everything leading up to a "youre all going to heaven and the island was the most important thing that ever happened to you" was so incredibly stupid and nonsensical when viewed through the lens of events on the show (reminder that the island was so important that all the main characters went on a suicide march to set off a nuke to destory themselves and the island-and that this was the best thing that ever happened to them).

I wish he made more reviews honestly because this was such a beautiful deconstruction of all the ways Lost messed up its incredible potential and ruined nearly all of its likeable characters (maybe except desmond).

master15

Nov 28, 2017
I couldn't have said it better. As I diehard fan that watched it to the end, the whole final couple of seasons left a bad taste in my mouth and he eloquently and methodically lays out why many fans were displeased.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Definitely going to watch this when I have a chance. I thought the ending was fine, the issue was the story got convoluted and drifted away from what made the show the most interesting in the first place to the point where I genuinely question if a better ending could have been created on the basis of the previous 4 seasons - I doubt it.

What I will always say, though, is even during the final few seasons when things are going off the rails there is still plenty of really enjoyable character moments and interactions and there is real emotion still peppered in. So it never completely lost me.

Sorry for the pun.

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed these overall, but the endless 'Lost fans did this or said this' references were a bit annoying.

This show had/has some toxic fandom associated with it. I don't equate that or the faults of the showrunners with what MrEkoFan2 might have been a bit over-passionate about on a forum like this during the show's glory dates

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Enjoyed these overall, but the endless 'Lost fans did this or said this' references were a bit annoying.

This show had/has some toxic fandom associated with it. I don't equate that or the faults of the showrunners with what MrEkoFan2 might have been a bit over-passionate about on a forum like this during the show's glory dates
Its funny, when I was rewatching this and he got to the part about Lost fans I thought for sure he was being hyperbolic or that his experience wasn't really representative of the fans who defend the show. Then I bumped this thread and saw walter white literally saying "you just didn't get it" which reetae extensively goes over and I was just like, oh well I guess he wasn't exaggerating how some die hard fans react.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say that after rewatching this he was right on the money. The show jumped the shark long before it got to that ending but honestly the culmination of everything leading up to a "youre all going to heaven and the island was the most important thing that ever happened to you" was so incredibly stupid and nonsensical when viewed through the lens of events on the show (reminder that the island was so important that all the main characters went on a suicide march to set off a nuke to destory themselves and the island-and that this was the best thing that ever happened to them).
Yeah he nailed that point perfectly. Not only was there mental gymnastics to justify the Losties detonating that bomb, but it completely nullified the ending themes Darlton claimed at the finish line. I did all but clap out loud when he brought that up again at the end.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah sayid was always my favorite character and they destroyed him in the later seasons. It was a god damn shame.

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After what happened with Sayid, it almost makes me grateful that Eko was written out early. Could you have imagined what the writers would have done with him had he survived into season 5?

OP
OP
Arta

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I was just replaying his older videos while fixing a cabinet and never thought to see if he updated... checking it out now!

master15

Nov 28, 2017

Somehow I got caught rewatching episodes of his Lost critique and saw he also reviewed the epilogue. I'm sad it isn't edited with footage from the episode which he goes on to explain why.

Still think it's one of the best most comprehensive deconstructions of why the show failed on so many levels.