• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was able to get a refund for my copy of Fallout 76, this is after 24 hours total playtime.

All I said was I wasn't happy with the bugs and poor performance and they approved it pretty quickly.

Just letting people know.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
giphy.webp

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got my key for 33euro on CDKeys.

Guess this will be a "wasteland" when I return to the game after a couple of patches

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Next week:
"Bethesda Refund Glitch Makes Fallout 76 First Game With Negative Sales"

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is them just accepting whatever loses this might cause them in a effort to retain whatever goodwill they can?

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Just because they gave you a refund it doesn't mean that "Refunds are available", you make it sound like it's official or something, I don't even like the game but this thread title it's not cool to Bethesda work. Even if we hate the game.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I put like 40-50 hours on the PC version, i got my money's worth and i would feel shitty if i got a refund. Nice of them to offer it though.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like asking for a refund after 24 hours of playing it seems like a bit much. I could certainly understand something like 5 hours. But, If you put that much time into it, surely it provided some amount of value to you, right?

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I put like 40-50 hours on the PC version, i got my money's worth and i would feel shitty if i got a refund. Nice of them to offer it though.

Further to this, there was a 2 week beta that anyone who bought last week likely played or at least could have played and could have easily decided to not buy (cancel preorder) if they didnt like the game. The game is as it was in the beta. I will note personally I am anti return policy for things that I "don't like". This goes for all things not just video games.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Just because they gave you a refund it doesn't mean that "Refunds are available", you make it sound like it's official or something, I don't even like the game but this thread title it's not cool to Bethesda work. Even if we hate the game.
On what grounds could then honour refund requests for some users but deny them for others?

Publicising this is better than not, since it will pressure then to honour other requests, and tbh they should have a clearly stated public refund policy.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
On what grounds could then honour refund requests for some users but deny them for others?

Publicising this is better than not, since it will pressure then to honour other requests, and tbh they should have a clearly stated public refund policy.

They do have a clear (and fair) return policy here: https://help.bethesda.net/app/answe...or-my-bethesda.net-digital-store-pre-order-or

If you would like to cancel or get a refund for your Bethesda.net Digital Store pre-order or pre-purchase, you can contact Bethesda Customer Support. Please note that once a game has been released and its game code has been delivered, you will not be able to receive a refund for your order (except as required by applicable law).

OP
OP
Thwomp

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Further to this, there was a 2 week beta that anyone who bought last week likely played or at least could have played and could have easily decided to not buy (cancel preorder) if they didnt like the game. The game is as it was in the beta. I will note personally I am anti return policy for things that I "don't like". This goes for all things not just video games.

The majority of my playtime was during the beta. I expected all the bugs to be fixed at launch but they weren't. Am I at fault here?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit! Not at the game being available for refunding, but at actual costumers against returning products. This industry is something.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would think after the complaints that Sea of Thieves got they would have realized that a sandbox game where you "find your own fun" would have been avoided.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i guess this is kinda relevant, but where i am i'm seeing sealed copies being sold online for way less than 60$ games are normally sold at, like used copies of RDR2 are going for higher prices. and i'm already seeing plenty of used copies being put up for sale which is unusual for a new online-heavy game.
seems like shops imported a bunch of copies thinking this is the usual AAA game and will sell a decent amount, not knowing anything about the quality of the game, and are now wanting to get rid of them by selling them for cheap. and those who bought it want to get rid of it too.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

Well I don't know how Bethesda works but it might depend on the agent that gets your ticket. I'm just saying it's not cool to claim it as an official thing just yet, imo.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy shit! Not at the game being available for refunding, but at actual costumers against returning products. This industry is something.

This has absolutely nothing to do with video games. Imagine being allowed to return a pair of jeans you wore for 2 weeks because you didnt like the color or that you want to get refund for a movie you saw that sucked. I am trying to see how any of these things are reasonable.

I will also note for clarity I do not have Fallout 76, I did not care for it at full price after I played the beta so I cancelled my preorder.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I feel like asking for a refund after 24 hours of playing it seems like a bit much. I could certainly understand something like 5 hours. But, If you put that much time into it, surely it provided some amount of value to you, right?

Well it takes 24 hours to get through the bugs in the tutorial.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I would think after the complaints that Sea of Thieves got they would have realized that a sandbox game where you "find your own fun" would have been avoided.
Seems like they were already up the creek without a paddle at that point.

i guess this is kinda relevant, but where i am i'm seeing sealed copies being sold online for way less than 60$ games are normally sold at, like used copies of RDR2 are going for higher prices. and i'm already seeing plenty of used copies being put up for sale which is unusual for a new online-heavy game.
seems like shops imported a bunch of copies thinking this is the usual AAA game and will sell a decent amount, not knowing anything about the quality of the game, and are now wanting to get rid of them by selling them for cheap. and those who bought it want to get rid of it too.
Reminds me of E.T. Atari, hope the gaming industry survives.