• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Honestly, the worst part about Comrades is that even in a game I can't escape unisex t-shirts that are too big. I just want to wear my Kenny Crow shirt without looking like a frump, dammit!

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the worst part about Comrades is that even in a game I can't escape unisex t-shirts that are too big. I just want to wear my Kenny Crow shirt without looking like a frump, dammit!
I didn't even realize they put a multiplayer in. I sold my copy after I platinum'd it in the beginning of the year. Is it worth it to pick it up again?

Also the banners are awesome, I love the light best.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth mentioning that you can play Comrades 'solo'; the game gives you AI partners if you don't like playing with other people.

That's what I've been doing. :p

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It's also worth mentioning that you can play Comrades 'solo'; the game gives you AI partners if you don't like playing with other people.

That's what I've been doing. :p

Oh can you? That's good to hear, I'll definitely try it out then as I got the digital deluxe edition when it released and I don't really like playing with strangers online due to how hostile some of them can be. Haven't touched any of the expansion dlc so once Ignis DLC releases next month I think I'm gonna go do all the dlc in release order.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I definitely can relate. I get really anxious when playing with strangers so it's one (out of many) reasons I never really going into FFXIV. I've only played Gladio's dlc so far and still need to do Prompto's. Episode Ignis is the one I'm truly hype for though.

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hew new poster here! Don't have much time to game nowadays, just got Dead Cells on gog, it's super fun when you want to relax a bit, wish I could costumize the player character tho

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What genre is Dead Cells? The name gives me an impression of hexcells, but I somehow doubt that's right lol,

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Hello, I'm too scared to post on the sexism thread but I wanted to get this out there. Women play video games. On consoles. Among my group of friends I might be the nerd and avid gamer but I'm by no means the exception. My friend who is a gardener and loves surfing also happens to own a SNES and her favourite game of all time is Earthbound. Another friend who is a socialite and loves ASoIaF also happened to finish OoT on the 3ds whilst on the job at her call centre and just finished BotW. And another friend who is keenly into humanitarian work and volunteers almost all her time, also happened to visit my place when we went to school together and we'd play Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Women that game exist outside of forums and deserve to be recognised.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome djinn ! Hope you stick around wherever you feel comfortable enough to post.

This is for us. Made collaborativeely by the group.
7xEUaDr.png

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if Why women criticise sexualised character designs thread has the most posts on ResetEra outside of hangouts. It's crazy to be over 60+ pages but it's been an easy way to weed out the trolls from the forum.

edit: I guess copying the thread title somehow inputted a direct link, I never knew of this feature :0
Turns out, you can easily sort by post count.

It's thread #9 on gaming side. The top few threads are indeed OTs for various things.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if Why women criticise sexualised character designs thread has the most posts on ResetEra outside of hangouts. It's crazy to be over 60+ pages but it's been an easy way to weed out the trolls from the forum.

edit: I guess copying the thread title somehow inputted a direct link, I never knew of this feature :0

Pretty sure that's the only reason why it's still open. The conversation has been going around in circles for awhile now.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can claim anecdotal evidence all you want, but the point is that this is such a nonissue since female gamers who really care about games wouldn't care about the characters or how they dress, they would instead care if it's fun.

h e l p

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Moving those guyposts.

If they can't beat NDI's data about femoid gamers existing, they will try to pass them off as being useless mobile users. And when NDI posts data about console usage, they go for "who counts as a girl".

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
pick one:

- people will play the games because they're fun regardless of the characters
- the characters are dressed in an exploitative manner to draw in male players because sex sells

you can't have both

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
pick one:

- people will play the games because they're fun regardless of the characters
- the characters are dressed in an exploitative manner to draw in male players because sex sells

you can't have both
Similarly with the historical accuracy/realism argument:

- Historically, few females were soldiers/warriors/<insert profession here>, that's why there's so few female characters in <game>
- It's not very realistic for women to have the upper body strength required to perform all the physical feats and exploits in <game>

vs

- That armour has a boob window and high heel, so what? It's not like it's meant to be historically accurate!
- Why does it matter that a cop/soldier/agent/<insert profession> is dressed like a stripper, it's not meant to be realistic! Realism is boring anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Ugh, I am so tired of staying in the house all day. It's sad that the only people I have to talk to you are you all. People I never see what they look like so I'm not sure if you're real. I want to talk to people face to face go out and do shit, enjoy my motherfucking 20s. I'm just sick and tired of this mundane shit.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I am so tired of staying in the house all day. It's sad that the only people I have to talk to you are you all. People I never see what they look like so I'm not sure if you're real. I want to talk to people face to face go out and do shit, enjoy my motherfucking 20s. I'm just sick and tired of this mundane shit.

I understand exactly how you feel as I'm pretty much in the same situation. 20's, live alone, only have a couple in person friends and neither live in my city and I get to seem them maybe once every few months. I can't drive and no one really asking if I want to go out anywhere. Outside of appointments or grocery shopping I never get to leave my apartment so pretty much 340 days a year I'm home alone, lonely and bored. Not very fun =/

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I understand exactly how you feel as I'm pretty much in the same situation. 20's, live alone, only have a couple in person friends and neither live in my city and I get to seem them maybe once every few months. I can't drive and no one really asking if I want to go out anywhere. Outside of appointments or grocery shopping I never get to leave my apartment so pretty much 340 days a year I'm home alone, lonely and bored. Not very fun =/

I relate to this

I got tired of fighting against the sexism, homophobia and classicism in what used to be the places I frequent and the people I used to hang out or even call "friends" that I ended up alone

I also got tired of alcohol/drugs always being a common denominator on those places and the problems it created

I am in my early 30s, living alone, the best conversations I had in the last year was with people from different countries via facebook

I started doing things I wanted to try or do by myself, like going alone to a restaurant or music plays

I also started to take aerial dance lessons and that helps me greatly

reading about being alone helped me a lot, finding that I can be by myself and enjoy being alone

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
I understand loneliness. In my case it's because my anxiety is so bad I have trouble even posting here on a good day. Wish I could be as outgoing as I used to be. Maybe someday!