• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you like V brought back in a future DMC title?

• Yes

Votes: 175 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 136 43.7%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Simple question in regards to V and the future of this series.

Would you be up for them bullshitting a way for V to come back as his own character?
e8e.png

I honestly like him more then I do Vergil and would love to see him come back.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don't know about the character V, but the gameplay was interesting, with a bit more polish he could be up there next to Dante and Nero, he was pretty refreshing

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good first try. I don't need it in DMC again but I would love Capcom to turn the character systems into a action Pokemon-like game.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I'd like him to come back if only so they can expand on his move list like the did with Nero from 4 to 5. V is fun and unique, but it's really apparent that there just isn't nearly as much depth to his gameplay as the other characters.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
No please. I appreciate having multiple fighting styles in the game, but V is really really inferior to Dante and even Nero. The combat system is not designed to be spamming projectiles and attacking from far, it just feels off. And I think that some bosses were great with V, but when you fight against the 3 Nero/Dante bosses at the end, you see how limited the boss design needs to be to acomodate V's style.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I fucking loved him. I was a bit disappointed he just turned out to be Vergil... it was way too obvious, which is why I didn't that that'd be the case lol.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I would but they won't because they'd need some contrived reason for Vergil to split himself again. The actor did such a good job.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Nah his story is clearly done, I wouldn't be against Vergil or another new character in DMC6 having a summoner style similar to V's combat though

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I would like to see his combat style refined in future games, but V as a character served his purpose.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't care for his combat mechanics and I don't think he's so special personality-wise that he needs to come back.

If they want to make him a bonus character for Bloody Palace, that's fine, but the whole point of him was to restore Vergil's humanity by allowing him the time to acknowledge his own wrongdoings. Bringing him back would undo that character development.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't too fond of him.

I mean as a character he's fine but his playstyle never really clicked for me. I was more bummed they got rid of /ourboy/ Griffon.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, no. Maybe only on the receiving end. Never want to play as him ever ever ever again.

Put me in the came for wanting a Lady + Nico game. Basically DMC meets Twisted Metal. Please.

No V!

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
No Don't kingdom hearts this. V is vergil's humanity, not a separate being. His fighting style can be brought back but not him.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, V was a nice try and I kind of enjoyed his stages but I've had enough. He was basically fun for a stage of 2, 3. I even thought he had too much stages, while actually having the least I think. And his final one is rather early too (and rather boring at that, shitty fights against heavily gimped early bosses).

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I like him quite a bit so I'd certainly like him to return, I just don't see it actually happening since I don't know how you justify it from a narrative standpoint.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see his playstyle return for Vergil at some point though.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
V was a pretty cool character, I'd gladly see him return no matter the bullshit reason they'd need to concoct in order to make that happen.

Nah, dunno. Rather not.
I don't like V, he turns me passive-aggressive. I have absolutely no idea how someone like him popped out of ma boi Vergil.
Better give Vergil a real redemption (what the fuck did they to do him?!) and let him and Dante lead the DMC together, teasing each other in that hate-love relationship manner shown at the end and in the Arkham fight in DMC3. A whole game like this, pls.
(Would be fine for Griffon to come back tho.)

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it needs to be him specifically (and for story reasons that's pretty unlikely), but someone with a similar (but much more fleshed out) combat style could be a lot of fun (V in DMC5 *does* have some depth to him, but he clearly pales in comparison to Dante and Nero - he reminds me a lot of the half-baked Trish and Lady in DMC4SE).

DMC is going to thrive more as a series if they really let different character archetypes (with different mechanics) really grow into their own.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Nah. I liked him as a character, but he should probably be done with. They should integrate his gameplay into Vergil in some capacity though. Give Vergil a style system like Dante.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
They will find some scenaristic bullshit to have him back. He's too cute to be denied from DmC6.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
I found V to be very fun. Is he as good as Dante and Nero? No but as a first try with this style they did a really good job. If he or his style ever comes back, I can see them make a lot improvements and additions to make it as good as Dante and Nero.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They literally did a Hijacked by Ganon on this sucker by making him Vergil. Everyone saw it coming but it was still mismanaged pretty terribly due to how completely irrelevant he is to the picture once he fuses back with Urizen. At that point he is literally just the same old Vergil with none of the personal character idiosyncrasies or development gained from actually being a weak human. I came to enjoy V as a character throughout the story, but a large majority of why DMC5's story just straight up did not work is almost entirely thanks to him and how the writers ostensibly used him as a trojan horse so they can relitigate the only villain anyone ever gave a shit about in this series.

It wouldn't have been half as bad if there was even any sign that V actually earned some form of development that transitioned into Vergil to justify why he's essentially Vegeta now. Half of the stuff V espouses about not being able to undo his sins and Vergil talking about whether he'd be in Dante's position if the two had their circumstances swapped as kids is completely empty platitudes when that doesn't actually lead to anything. V is a character that exists to build up to pure, yet hollow fanservice, and he deserved much better because as a personality I thought he was entertaining enough.

Game play wise though? No thanks. I like the idea of them wanting to make a character who can basically taunt while attacking, and I think he's novel every once in a while, but the way his attacks and mechanics work feel so intangible in a series that's revered primarily thanks to how extremely rock solid and tangible its mechanics are. I have no doubt that there's going to be some amazing DMC combo videos out there with him, but he's just not fun for me to put the effort into it. I especially did not care to play bosses with him.

When, if, DMC6 happens, I'd rather just go back to Nero and Dante (or an offspring thereof), having all of their levels designed around themselves and their abilities, with Bayonetta-styled bonus unlockable characters for added replay value. V can be a part of that.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
One possibility is to give Vergil three styles: regular Vergil, one where he transforms into Urizen with a 'heavy' moveset, and one where he turns into V.

Justify it as him being able to go full demon or full human at will after the events of DMC V or some shit.

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back his combat style, add more depth to it but have the character be Lucia instead. DMC2 was such a non-game that they can come up with an explanation for it and also rewrite her to be an actual character this time around.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They literally did a Hijacked by Ganon on this sucker by making him Vergil. Everyone saw it coming but it was still mismanaged pretty terribly due to how completely irrelevant he is to the picture once he fuses back with Urizen. At that point he is literally just the same old Vergil with none of the personal character idiosyncrasies or development gained from actually being a weak human. I came to enjoy V as a character throughout the story, but a large majority of why DMC5's story just straight up did not work is almost entirely thanks to him and how the writers ostensibly used him as a trojan horse so they can relitigate the only villain anyone ever gave a shit about in this series.

It wouldn't have been half as bad if there was even any sign that V actually earned some form of development that transitioned into Vergil to justify why he's essentially Vegeta now. Half of the stuff V espouses about not being able to undo his sins and Vergil talking about whether he'd be in Dante's position if the two had their circumstances swapped as kids is completely empty platitudes when that doesn't actually lead to anything. V is a character that exists to build up to pure, yet hollow fanservice, and he deserved much better because as a personality I thought he was entertaining enough.

Game play wise though? No thanks. I like the idea of them wanting to make a character who can basically taunt while attacking, and I think he's novel every once in a while, but the way his attacks and mechanics work feel so intangible in a series that's revered primarily thanks to how extremely rock solid and tangible its mechanics are. I have no doubt that there's going to be some amazing DMC combo videos out there with him, but he's just not fun for me to put the effort into it. I especially did not care to play bosses with him.

When, if, DMC6 happens, I'd rather just go back to Nero and Dante (or an offspring thereof), having all of their levels designed around themselves and their abilities, with Bayonetta-styled bonus unlockable characters for added replay value. V can be a part of that.

Pretty much the only thing Vergil gained from V was a slight respect for Nero. It would've been really interesting if Vergil actually didn't want to fight Nero as a result of his experiences as V, rather than just telling him to stand down because he doesn't care.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really liked his character, and I wish he was given more dialog between Griffon regarding his circumstance and identity. I'm not sure how he could come back, as far as the plot goes, but it would make sense to see Vergil actually assimilate those elements.

Someone with his caster-type gameplay, though.. I could totally see some benefits for keeping and iterating upon it. Just like Lady was a badass with her arsenal in DMC3 (definitely not in 5, though), I would love to see another badass character caster-type.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I like him as a character, but I dont need him back as his own entity, his arc is done. I wouldnt mind his gameplay being like a Style for Vergil in a future installment though.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
V absoultley needs to come back. As a character he was pretty interesting up until they revealed he only existed to bullshit Vergil back and his gameplay was easily the most fun and fresh part of DMC5. It'd be a goddamn crime if he never comes back.