• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you like V brought back in a future DMC title?

• Yes

Votes: 175 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 136 43.7%

• Total voters

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Urizen is one of the worst villains ever with some of the worst dialogue imaginable. I cant believe anyone could find him interesting.

D: tells urizen about how mommy tried to save vergil too, she didn't just save dante
U: I HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OF THIS TALE, OR OF THIS PLACE
*Urizen eats fruit*
D: That last shred of humanity you still had? You just lost it.
U: THAT IS NOTHING MORE THAN THE PITIFUL CRIES OF THOSE WITHOUT STRENGTH.

LUL

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm assuming he's supposed to be a young Vergil, I'm gonna say give me a prequel where we play as Vergil but it's V's character looks, and let us play a "combo" version of him. One where he befriends other demons and uses them to fight, while letting us use an inexperienced yamato wielding Vergil to finish off or assist our familiars.

We've already had young Vergil twice though.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Honestly I'm fine with V being moved on from. He's great but a character in one of these games is a big undertaking, and I'd much rather they try something new and interesting.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
If he came back, neat. But I don't really care if he does. I like vergil more , and if him staying gone is what keeps vergil around, so be it.

Someone taking that sort of ranged moveset and expanding on it would be neat

Oct 27, 2017
I think V's summoner playstyle would be perfect to bring a perfectly normal human into the fray. Let Kyrie dabble in magic and become a new mainline character.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
No thanks. I hated playing as him, it really dragged the game down every time I had to take control of V. Boring as fuck.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
V is gone and good riddance. His gameplay is Dismal in every respect compared to Nero and Dante. He was OK on DH, but his mandatory missions are suffering on SOS and I expect DMD will be a nightmare for his missions.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like that. You could have a tradeoff system based on the familiar you have out and the familiar you have absorbed, different strengths and weaknesses vs. trying to manage more than one familiar at a time.

Yeah I can see that, for instance one familiar gives her access to double jump/fast dash and other counters/warps. Honestly I just hope the playstyle sticks around since its a great way to get people interested in the game since its so damn easy to look/feel good with the easy SSS ranks.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
He's the worst of the three playable characters by quite a distance so I'm happy for him to be a one and done thing and for them to just concentrate on Dante and Nero (and probably Vergil) for a DMC6.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vergil used to be my favorite character and now V has taken that spot in both personality and gameplay. I felt so conflicted by the end because as awesome as it was seeing Vergil come back, I'm bummed that we might never see V again.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why V didn't just look like virgil if hes vergil? That character being vergil kinda ruined vergil for me.

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I seem to be one of the rare people who liked playing as him, he'd probably need his own spin off that ignores this games story considering what happened to him end game.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It was a really cool gimmick that could be a lot better. But he literally can't come back for story reasons, unless they separate the two again.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Definitely. But considering story-wise he really can't, maybe a new character that can assume his kind of ranged combat style. He controlled really well and I enjoyed how he plays. Very different to Nero and Dante.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like for them to polish up V's gameplay in a sequels, like they did for Nero's in this one.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
He's actually my favorite character to play as out of the 3 so I really hope he does come back or at the very least his playstyle.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I honestly think he hasn't, plus, this is also the first time he's ever said "thank you" to... well, anyone. He says he cares nothing about Nero, but... nah, he flat out lets Nero tell him what to do after he loses and gives Nero the book. The last time someone tried to tell Vergil what to do after a loss, he threw himself off a cliff.

And above all, Vergil actually jokes a little with Dante now
"Where did you learn to count?" is his best line in the game, along with "Don't you dare say it!"

It's such a stark contrast to his totally aloof personality from DMC3. People saying V doesn't show in Vergil are missing the forest for the trees. He's not as outright sympathetic and emotional as V, but he's clearly softened up a bit and his trajectory only looks like it's going to improve from here on.

He had the "Jackpot!" line in DMC3, but that was a heat of the moment, "sure, why not" kind of thing. Here it's him voluntarily being jokey. It felt different.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, at best I would like Vergil to be playable in 6 and for him to get V stuff as a secondary ability.

Maybe somehow call Shadow and Griffin back to his side.

I dont think V was strong enough of a character to really need to come back. I'm cool with them adding another puppet character or something but V is in no way better than Vergil himself.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
I think his stuff is done, but they should bullshit a way to bring his gameplay back, either making a new character (Dante's summoner daughter or something) or make it so Vergil gets his abilities too.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They should just spin off Vs combat mechanics info a new Chaos Legion game or something. It better suits a game like that AND they'd have an opportunity to design the game around those mechanics rather than try to put Vs style into a game like DMC5.

I didn't mind V, for what it's worth, but IMO he's the easiest character to use in 5 and thusly probably not the one I'll return to soon.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
He looks like Ezra Miller...
I think you mean Adam Driver...

Adam-Driver-GQ-Featured.jpg

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely. V was awesome. Which is odd because his character type is usually annoying in other media.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
V can easily just be Vergil. V is Vergil without the demon side going POWER and feeling guilty for what he has done.

V is Vergil character building without having a prequel.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
V can easily just be Vergil. V is Vergil without the demon side going POWER and feeling guilty for what he has done.

V is Vergil character building without having a prequel.
He can't quite be. Because he has his demon side, and both of those together make a pretty different character, he can be influenced to be different.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved him so much and I was able to piece together he was Virgil when we see him ripp off Nero's arm to get the Yamato.

I want him back as his own person. He was a nerdy poetic emo kid and I don't want to live in a universe where he is just Virgil.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a shit how you make it work in the story, bring him back.

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a Heaven in a wildflower. Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, and Eternity in an hour

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rather they not just cause the story behind it would be a mess. Also the pets were destroyed too, let it go I say.

Second play through though... I loved a handful of lines from V towards people like Lady. It was so subtle the first time around for me.

Minastepes

May 3, 2018
Kisiljevo
I don't think V will come back, but maybe if Vergil is playable in the next installment, he could switch Yamato for the cane and use V moveset.

Can someone explain why V didn't just look like virgil if hes vergil? That character being vergil kinda ruined vergil for me.
The obvious reason would be, everyone would have recognized him from the start, ruining the "mystery" and big "reveal".
I dislike V's appereance so much, it clashes hard with my love for Vergil, too. ^^
"Where did you learn to count?" is his best line in the game, along with "Don't you dare say it!"

It's such a stark contrast to his totally aloof personality from DMC3. People saying V doesn't show in Vergil are missing the forest for the trees. He's not as outright sympathetic and emotional as V, but he's clearly softened up a bit and his trajectory only looks like it's going to improve from here on.

He had the "Jackpot!" line in DMC3, but that was a heat of the moment, "sure, why not" kind of thing. Here it's him voluntarily being jokey. It felt different.
I think y'all are a bit too hard on Vergil regarding 3. He was in a very pressured situation there. He had to fight his brother, had to deal with Arkham, that stupid seal wouldn't break, everything went to shit. What do you expect from his scenes there?
And if you look at the Arkham fight, it's more than just saying Jackpot with Dante. They tease each other, work wonderful as a team. Vergil tosses Rebellion aside and crosses Dante's path, to get a head start at Arkham. It's full of those details.
I don't say V has no influence on Vergil. (His interactions with Nero come from V i.e.) But it's not that he wouldn't be able to act like this without V. Escpecially at the end, when they are down in hell and there is nothing left for Vergil. They really have all the time in the world. There is no further goal to achieve, no brother chasing after him, while a device won't work for whatever reason. The pressure's gone.
So he is free to act in a more carefree way.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked him, and I really like the addition he adds to the cast and the game systems. He also has my favourite battle track in the game.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
First impression of him made me think of Genesis from Crisis Core which isn't a good thing. At all. I also wasn't a big fan of the idea of a summoner character in DMC.

But man he grew on me really fast, he's a great memorable character. I love playing as him although I have some work to do to figure out how to fight bosses well, I'm SSS against regular enemies quite often on SOS mode so far. His summons have plenty of personality too, even the ones that don't talk - Nightmare Koolaid Man-ing through a wall was a top moment in the game for me. I love them being DMC1 references and their scene near the end was a lot sadder than I expected. Griffon stole the show almost every cutscene he was in.