• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Mario agrees.

giphy.gif

Please do not do that.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I mean, they literally stuck yoga pants on multiple major girls in multiple games last year.

It being a boy for once is the oddity lol

There's nothing winking when it comes to yoga pants though. They're a basic clothing among women at least in the US at this point (And have been for many years). It's just normal. And link has been in a tunic and tights for years. They just made them look like something more modern here.

Whether people find these choices sexy or not is up to their prerogative, but I don't think anything here suggests Nintendo is going out of their way to make anything sexy.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So there was a reason why Link didn't have a shirt on at the start of Breath of the Wild!

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
This fucking thread lmao

They're literally on record talking about how Zelda's cuteness in BOTW was a heated debate at their studio.

I guess I am unaware of this discussion. I'm not even sure what they would be debating about. If it's literally just about whether she should or should not have worn yoga pants, that's... Well, that's very silly.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
I mean, Breath of the Wild felt like it really ran with the whole "everyone wants to bang Link" thing.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
There's nothing winking when it comes to yoga pants though. They're a basic clothing among women at least in the US at this point (And have been for many years). It's just normal. And link has been in a tunic and tights for years. They just made them look like something more modern here.

Whether people find these choices sexy or not is up to their prerogative, but I don't think anything here suggests Nintendo is going out of their way to make anything sexy.

It was the intent for OoT, and the other adult Links are variations on the template, give or take a 90s needlenose.

Iwata Asks: Ocarina of Time 3D said:
Koizumi: Then when we were making The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I was in charge of Link's character design, so I made him a little better-looking.
Aonuma: Huh? So Link is your wife's type?
Koizumi: Yes. (firmly)
Everyone: (laughs)
Iwata: The truth comes out 13 years later. (laughs)
Koizumi: I cut back on his sideburns and made his nose a little stronger.
Iwata: It's narrower.
Koizumi: And I pierced his ears, making him sort of cool. But it wouldn't suit Nintendo if he were too cool, so he wears that long underwear. (laughs)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Is this an advertisement masquerading as a TV show? Is this normal in the US?

It's a good job he said Link and not Zelda, might have got in to trouble for that one.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Let's be honest: if you were on a night out with him you wouldn't stand a chance. Also Reggie is weird to say this, but whatever.

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is nothing new. The Gerudo flirt with him in OOT and I remember comments about his "symmetrical facial features" in BOTW

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, a cute out-of-context quote from Reggie talking about BotW sales that we can make a fun topic out of—

Oh. Oh.