• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is wrong with the world?
People sign petitions for this nonsense?! Reggie is rich, he can buy a new chair if he wants one.

I long for the day people care about real problems.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
This is such a nice selfless thing to do.
It's also kinda weird. Like buying Bill Gates a new car.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
When people are more willing to petition for their favorite brand PR to get a luxury chair rather than free online or better services. :"")

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Fans giving him a retirement gift. Whats wrong with that. Thought it was kind of cute.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When people are more willing to petition for their favorite brand PR to get a luxury chair rather than free online or better services. :"")
This was for Reggie specifically, not Nintendo. Heck, if anything, it casts some harmless shade at Nintendo for not giving Reggie the best possible chair.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
For context, an internet search says Reggie is worth over $40 million.

Internet people get so worked up about the weirdest things.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god that multi-millionaire was finally gifted a free luxury item.

This.

If it was about letting him keep his old chair as a memento, it could have been cute. But asking for him to be gifted a new one ? I can't see any reason why as an individual anyone would waste a single breath defending this "cause."

Funnily enough I've been looking at picking up a second hand Aeron myself since so many people seem to rave about them... Reggie's old one going spare??

Your body is not ready for Reggie's chair.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
You're literally posting constantly about how salty everyone on ERA is and how it's bad to have money.

And you are literally chain posting in a thread while telling us how unimportant the topic is to you and your 'life'.

In this comparison, you come off looking much worse than he does.

It was made plainly clear this was a PR move from a non offensive petition not backed by angry gamers for a change.

Not sure why this thread is still going.

Z7HeRxU.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Of all the things for people to team up for.

Its sad that people would get together and do a petition for something as minor as this they could be doing something for an actual good cause.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the things for people to team up for.

Its sad that people would get together and do a petition for something as minor as this they could be doing something for an actual good cause.
You're right, we should start a new petition to get Reggie a full couch!

Joking aside, feel free to plug any petitions you have started for good causes, I'll certainly sign if the cause is good.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
Couple things.

1. I didn't realize that the chair i've been sitting in for the last 13 years at work was this chair, and what THAT expensive.

2. Reggie is rich, but he's celebrity, and people tend to look up and admire them. Whether you find it weird or not doesn't matter. It just how it is.

3. I think it's a bit unfair to assume people who signed this petition put in nothing to assist in other ongoing issues in the world.

Personally i thought this was hilarious more than anything.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I had to google what this chair was

Can't believe that's what they call this chair

I've been sitting on it for the past two years lmao

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Gamer
Not because I don't have a life,
But because I spent time outta my day trying to get a millionaire something for free that they could easily afford.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Fuck everything, gamers will never fail to embarass

Petition to get an ex-CEO a free chair, such a shit timeline

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah the class envy is pretty cringy. I assume it also won't age well.

"Class envy"? Anyone can get a free chair because they are nice, what does being a millionaire got to do with it? Gamers are just nice people, nothing more to read into this story about corporate worship in this dystopia and how people forming an identity around a cultural product is unhealthy.

/s