• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaand followed.

So, nobody noticed his tagline (or whatever it's called) yet?
"Retired President/COO @NintendoAmerica. Active business provocateur."
You know, I'm glad that it's actually that he is retired and not like a couple days later announces that he works at Microsoft or w/e(tho you never know) theres nothing inherently wrong with working with someone else but there is a difference between retiring and moving on

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Now that he's retired, he and Geoff Keighly should make a gaming show together where they interview game devs and give their opinion on announcements/shows.

The charisma between them is 10/10.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh! He retired already? I expect the Reggienator to give us some good entertainment, we need someone to hold us over until CEOKazHirai decides to come back :(

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why he waited until he retired to start a twitter account. Did Nintendo not allow it?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Now that he's retired, he and Geoff Keighly should make a gaming show together where they interview game devs and give their opinion on announcements/shows.

The charisma between them is 10/10.
giphy.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

In the background of this tweet, amongst the last items to pack up in his office, is a card that says, "Thank You For Being An Ally", "Diversity & Inclusion", "From the Employee Resource Groups".

Reggie is such a treasure and I'm glad he's not signing off from the public eye completely.

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

In the background of this tweet, amongst the last items to pack up in his office, is a card that says, "Thank You For Being An Ally", "Diversity & Inclusion", "From the Employee Resource Groups".

Reggie is such a treasure and I'm glad he's not signing off from the public eye completely.

I missed that. :0
Pretty sweet.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
wild guess: Reggie's gonna start doing public speaking and critiquing businesses and maybe do a couple seminars here and there. That business provocateur statement really leads me to think this.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good catch. I had to zoom in and even then I could barely find it even after knowing what to look for.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lol.

I just want when the inevitable announcement of Mother 3 somehow NoA involves Reggie even if he's retired. He doesn't even have to be on camera, just reference him, call him, anything. Just so we, and maybe he, can close this chapter of his legacy. And if that can result in something funny for him and/or us then all the better.

Last edited:

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I love it. The card's obviously very deliberately placed and that's great since Nintendo like many companies focused on families and kids tends to avoid making political statements and because Reggie openly showing support for marginalized groups is a nice FU to certain subsets of the gaming community.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Dude will sell you Pizza Hut pizza and tell you it's the best with a straight face. Likable front man, but I don't understand the borderline worship for people that regularly put the corporate agenda above honesty .

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
WTF?! Majora's Mask sequel confirmed!!

>_>

I don't remember ever seeing that version of Majora's Mask.

Oh, it's a fan made thing.

Last edited: