• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Dude will sell you Pizza Hut pizza and tell you it's the best with a straight face. Likable front man, but I don't understand the borderline worship for people that regularly put the corporate agenda above honesty .

I've no doubt hes a great guy, especially to those he's worked with and those within Nintendo, but yeah - I agree. Couldn't stand most interviews with him. It's not his fault tho. It's not his place to throw NCL under the bus or speak to the western audience candidly about less than favorable NCL decisions. I also don't expect interviews to be any better for @thetruebowser.

More than happy to follow him on Twitter now. seems like a fun guy

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Dude will sell you Pizza Hut pizza and tell you it's the best with a straight face. Likable front man, but I don't understand the borderline worship for people that regularly put the corporate agenda above honesty .
...do you expect the CMO of Pizza Hut to tell you that their food isn't good? Lmao.

It's like some of you have never had a public-facing job before.
Also Pizza Hut will always be my guilty pleasure fast food of choice. It's not real pizza, but it is good.
P.P.S., Your member # is incredible. Lol.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol.

I just want when the inevitable announcement of Mother 3 somehow NoA involves Reggie even if he's retired. He doesn't even have to be on camera, just reference him, call him, anything. Just so we, and maybe he, can close this chapter of his legacy. And if that can result in something funny for him and/or us then all the better.
I mean since their announcements are pre recorded so if any plans exist to announce it this year Reggie could have filmed something before his actual retirement. Hypothetically of course.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean since their announcements are pre recorded so if any plans exist to announce it this year Reggie could have filmed something before his actual retirement. Hypothetically of course.
Of course! Provided it's in their plans right now at all which at this point I have no reason to believe it is.

Sometimes I feel Mother 3 coming out of Japan is an inevitability but sometimes is easy to loose hope.

Anyhow if and when that happens I wish Reggie could be involved in some way with that announcement. And hopefully this is Reggie's wish as well.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
When they announce a localized Mother 3, they should have a video where Reggie swims across the Pacific Ocean to Japan and storms the offices of Nintendo, seizing a copy of Mother 3, at which point he somehow squeezes an entire hardcover English dictionary into the GBA cart, thereby translating it, and then he swims across back across the Pacific Ocean to America, where he uploads the localized ROM onto the eShop

Also whenever Reggie encounters a wall he walks through it like the Kool-Aid Man

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

In the background of this tweet, amongst the last items to pack up in his office, is a card that says, "Thank You For Being An Ally", "Diversity & Inclusion", "From the Employee Resource Groups".

Reggie is such a treasure and I'm glad he's not signing off from the public eye completely.

Awesome.
Great eye man

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm jealous of Reggie having every Amiibo unopened, and the giant yarn Yoshi one. I hope he tweets about his thoughts at Nintendo and other tidbits of wisdom he can share. The photo of Reggie in the corner is great, I for some reason imagine photos of him everywhere in his house.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reggie has also given out some follows himself and they're mostly all to news organizations like AP, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, WaPo, BBC.... but most notably no Fox News or any other ilk like that.

Last edited:

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really minor thing, but got me super happy: First week on Twitter and Reggie posts art giving the artist credit. What a treasure. Other people in the industry should learn from him. Also, that's an incredible parting gift. Would legit cry if a friend gave me something like that.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what stops you all from playing Mother 3 with the fan translation? That's how I played it like 10 years ago and it was just fine. The game is also nowhere near as good as the nerds make it out to be lol.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Reggie has also given out some follows himself and they're mostly all to news organizations like AP, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, WaPo, BBC.... but most notably no Fox News or any other bullshit like that thank the gods.

I'm happy to hear that! I always wondered about his political affiliation but I'd assume living in a place like Washington would make him more liberal. Nintendo of America seems to be a pretty progressive company as well.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what stops you all from playing Mother 3 with the fan translation? That's how I played it like 10 years ago and it was just fine. The game is also nowhere near as good as the nerds make it out to be lol.
Many reasons. Some of us don't want to fuck around with emulators and have to play this game on a computer and perhaps more importantly want Nintendo to give this game the recognition it deserves and a decent opportunity for this small franchise to grow. Perhaps we could prove to Nintendo there is money to be made with these games and convince them to convince Shigesato Itoi to make more!

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Geez, he could be doing "packing up my office" tweets for a month easily.
I'm happy to hear that! I always wondered about his political affiliation but I'd assume living in a place like Washington would make him more liberal.
With Fox News these days, anyone who isn't a white straight male is "liberal" by comparison.
Why does Reggie have 20-year-old unopened Pokemon TCG booster packs just lying around?

What's his game?
eBay, duh.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So we'll see in a Nintendo Direct Reggie putting on his Super Mario Odyssey hat, defeating (Doug) Bowser, and getting his place back, right?

And this will all be, of course, promotion for a videogame AND movie that will be announced at the time, with some funky reality/Mario universe parallels going on, featuring Reggie, Bowser, and directed by Nolan.

Right? Right?

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many reasons. Some of us don't want to fuck around with emulators and have to play this game on a computer and perhaps more importantly want Nintendo to give this game the recognition it deserves and a decent opportunity for this small franchise to grow. Perhaps we could prove to Nintendo there is money to be made with these games and convince them to convince Shigesato Itoi to make more!
Not sure why you would overthink it to that degree. If you're so eager, just play the game dude and don't treat companies like buddies lol. Who gives a shit how much recognition they get.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you would overthink it to that degree. If you're so eager, just play the game dude and don't treat companies like buddies lol. Who gives a shit how much recognition they get.
What a weird post.

Emulation is generally not okay. And wanting them to sell a game we love so we could possibly get another one is not "treating companies like buddies".

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017

The whole Mother 3 debacle is really giving me Final Fantasy Type-0 vibes. For some reason people love to praise these games that we don't get to high hell. I wonder if it's some "forbidden fruit is sweetest" nonsense.

I kinda liked Type-0, but the game wasn't half as good as most said.

Edit: I mean, I guess fan outpouring worked for Shenmue eventually.

Griever

Oct 27, 2017
Followed. Get on Youtube next, Reggie. We all would love to see a Reggie "Let's Play" or a "Reggie's Cooking Show"

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reggie posts are just wholesome and slow paced enough that I may sonehow end up liking every single tweet he ever makes.