• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I can't really get mad at these fans if they're putting their money towards good causes like suicide prevention.

Let them do what they want.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The sequel to Six for the Six:

feFJULu.jpg

To this day I believe this has to be tongue in cheek.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
$26,000 for a $1k ad

(Not sure how much it would actually cost...but 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure it wasn't close to $26k.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
$26k lmao.

Some washed-up dipshit voice actor who is physically incapable of keeping his hands to himself raised nearly 10x that much to help sue his victims.

karl's wood

Jan 15, 2019
The only tweet I've ever had to mute was one talking about how Snyder's Superman isn't a very good representation of the character because a rather fittingly dark and depressing corner of twitter dedicated to seemingly doing nothing but talk about the Snyder cut found it.

I still get angry messages from his fans a year later telling me I'm too stupid to appreciate his movie so yeah, I can believe they'd do this.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Did they actually complete the movie before bringing in Joss Whedon? I thought it turned out to be roughly half and half between the two. If that's the case, there is no "cut" to release. Unless they want half a movie of storyboards and temp music I guess.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Did they actually complete the movie before bringing in Joss Whedon? I thought it turned out to be roughly half and half between the two. If that's the case, there is no "cut" to release. Unless they want half a movie of storyboards and temp music I guess.
It was filmed and an assembly cut was shown. Effects and post production were not completed.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You would have to think that if such a version existed or was close and not needing much work, WB would likely have released even a digital only version of the cut already and move on and get some quick cash. Obviously the cut either does not exist, it is not financially viable to release it or it would require significant investment to bring it up to scratch and therefore not worth it.

I really don't think it exists and even if it did, it would not significantly change the movie from it is current state of mediocrity.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does Zack Snyder feel about this?

He's the one who is fanning all these in the first place. Dude couldn't accept that he got the boot and now he's manipulating the fans to fight on his behalf

Guessing he's pressuring WB indirectly to approach him and pay him money for permission to release the cut. He wants the money

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it does exist, WB will never release it now that they've managed to successfully shift gears with Aquaman and Shazam.

Let it go.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It's good that they raised some money for a good cause, but I think they really need to be realistic. The movie flopped, HARD. There's no way WB are going to sink more money into this to finish off Snyder's vision. It's clearly a vision they weren't all that happy with or invested in...they just wanted something released into theatres in order to get their bonuses paid out. After that, they didn't give a shit, especially when it performed as badly as it did. WB moved on and have had more success in doing so, these people need to move on as well.
No amount of darker colour grading and angsty tone is going to save that poorly conceived turkey of a movie. Making it more consistent is only making it more consistently dreary and draining. 2 hours of it was enough.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the negativity when every time they raise money for the campaign they also donate to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. You are free to not want to watch or get a new cut of the Justice League movie, sure, but why criticize the people who want it when they're doing something good?

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
He's the one who is fanning all these in the first place. Dude couldn't accept that he got the boot and now he's manipulating the fans to fight on his behalf

Guessing he's pressuring WB indirectly to approach him and pay him money for permission to release the cut. He wants the money
He didnt "get the boot". His daughter commited suicide so he stepped aside for a break.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Insensitive and Inflammatory Commentary
He didnt "get the boot". His daughter commited suicide so he stepped aside for a break.

That's the official words, but seems that's an conveniently timed excuse. Movie isn't delayed and he's didn't return to helm another DCEU film since then.