• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
RE2JILL-e1576140003203.png

Source: https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/remake-2-achievement-image-suggests-major-dlc/
Uh, so this is a huge surprise. Earlier today we reported on
a new achievement being added to REmake 2, which has been revealed to be a special tie-in with
REmake 3 after it was updated into the Steam version of the game. Out of curiosity, I went and looked through the Xbox One achievements to see if it had been added there as well.
Not only had it been — but it carries a
massive clue as to what this achievement could actually relate to. You see, unlike Steam or PS4 (where the achievement is represented as a small square icon), Xbox One Achievements actually use full-sized, 1920×1080 wallpaper images, which you can actually set as your dashboard background. It's pretty cool and makes earning achievements on Xbox One a little extra special. Thanks to this, we might actually have a
HUGE revelation about what this achievement could be relating to.

More at the link. Seems what we though was just a letter might end up being a prolouge or demo of sort for RE3 perhaps.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's sizable and hopefully we get a Gold Edition with everything included on disc.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how this would work. An all new segment of gameplay that leads into RE3? Or maybe a small portion of RE3 released early?

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Kendo, alongside Annette, were treated fantastically in REmake 2, so I'm well up for this.

Kendo in THAT cutscene was maybe the finest digital acting I've seen this generation. His facial detail, expressions, the lip sync, the dialogue, performance, lighting, skin shading, rain, just astonishing.

More content of that calibre is welcome, after some worrying VA in the RE3 teaser

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. I was ready for the Jill letter and that's it. Maaaaaan, here it comes, the replay date is coming.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
What if the RE3 demo is actually an original short DLC for RE2?

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit I just uninstalled it like a week ago. Guess I can wait to see if it really is a big update before downloading the game again.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Kendo in THAT cutscene was maybe the finest digital acting I've seen this generation. His facial detail, expressions, the lip sync, the dialogue, performance, lighting, skin shading, rain, just astonishing.

More content of that calibre is welcome, after some worrying VA in the RE3 teaser

Absolutely! It was perfect.

I'm hoping for a real exasperated performance for Dario Rosso in REmake 3, too. Hopefully he's in it.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this is a screen from RE3 because it makes no sense being in RE2 unless Jill is going to be playable there which I doubt.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's really interesting. Don't think they can add an image like that if it isn't going to be something in the game. Could just be a cutscene or something I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
The way the achievement is worded doesn't sound like it's from a major DLC. I could see reading Jill's file unlocking a new trailer for RE3 or something, and that's what the screenshot is from.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Why do people think its DLC?
Surely it could just be a shot from RE3.

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at. Could easily just be a shot from Jill meeting Kendo in the new RE3 they repurposed for the achievement.

Think people are getting themselves way too worked up. But hey, I hope I'm wrong. Would love an excuse to dive back into RE2.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People think it's DLC because capcom have released gimmicky "demos" of their last two RE games and this would be in line with that. So that's what I'm betting they are going for with this.

So I'm betting a short little area, or a Ghost Survivor addition.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
ACTUAL B ROUTE PLEASE

I really hope they change up the ''2nd playthrough'' to something closer to the original, a full fledged B route for the other character.

Leon B & Claire B in REmake2 just doesn't make any sense, it's straight up non-canon.