• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why reupload it now though? Because they want to push sales for the newly announced directors cut!

I'm kidding but I never expected an RE3 demo and this news doesn't really change the fact there could be an RE2 announcement tonight.

Seems like a "Since we announced RE3, here's the RE2 demo again without the timer so people can get a feel for the next game".

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When Resident Evil 3 eventually comes out, it would be cool if there was a way to play them simultaneously. For example, you start RE3, play up until the point when RE2 starts, then your game jumps to RE2, you play that until RE3 picks up again, and back and forth the games jump until you complete them.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
His "Ghost Survivor" escape contact ? (but those aren't canon so ...)
I am assuming that means potentially suicide?
probably smoking weed
All good answers.
1f914.png

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Weird.
So why did Leon's voice actor said he was working on something secret about RE2 ? And what's up with that R.P.D demo ?

This could still be a thing, but maybe being saved for a director's cut edition for next gen or possibly? Wasn't there also some event coming after the game awards where Capcom was expected to reveal something?
Geoff already said RE3 won't be at the show, tho. Unless he's being cheeky and pulls the whole "It's actually RE2 DLC, not RE3 haha."
He didn't say anything about RE2 content :p

soyou'retellingmethere'sachance.gif

This would still be valid. Technically this pertains to RE2 and not RE3. Would be pretty damn great if true. As it seems to be dlc, it would be the perfect shadow drop at the show with some physical complete edition coming down the road possibly IF these rumors are true.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This could still be a thing, but maybe being saved for a director's cut edition for next gen or possibly? Wasn't there also some event coming after the game awards where Capcom was expected to reveal something?

RE3make or Resistance might be playable at Jump Festa.
Also, Capcom is doing a Q&A of sorts for Ambassadors of the Resident Evil Franchise the 18th.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Didn't buy any of the bullshit from 4chan, but I would of loved some type of DLC. Think they missed a great opportunity for side stories for Ada/Marvin etc

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me still thinks adding all this for a letter is dumb and that SOMETHING else must be coming but yeah I have my doubts now and I'm keeping my expectations low.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

This would still be valid. Technically this pertains to RE2 and not RE3. Would be pretty damn great if true. As it seems to be dlc, it would be the perfect shadow drop at the show with some physical complete edition coming down the road possibly IF these rumors are true.

A complete or game of the year edition announced at the game awards makes a lot of sense.

It seems really weird to do all this work for basically nothing.

That's where I'm at.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me still thinks adding all this for a letter is dumb and that SOMETHING else must be coming but yeah I have my doubts now and I'm keeping my expectations low.

A Ghost Survivor where you play as Jill a day or so before RE3 begins could be cool. She could go to the RPD to leave a letter for the other STARS or maybe "Jill's letter" doesn't mean it's one she wrote but a letter meant for her. We know the outbreak started about a few days before RE2 and even in the RE3 trailer they imply it's been getting worse "every night"...

Could work.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
I found it pretty weird Capcom went through all the trouble to make this patch for just the letter. I wonder if they originally planned to release the patch before announcing RE3 as a way to tease it.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
A Ghost Survivor where you play as Jill a day or so before RE3 begins could be cool. She could go to the RPD to leave a letter for the other STARS or maybe "Jill's letter" doesn't mean it's one she wrote but a letter meant for her. We know the outbreak started about a few days before RE2 and even in the RE3 trailer they imply it's been getting worse "every night"...

Could work.
This should and most likely will be in REmake 3. I don't know why anyone thought they'd waste anything with Jill for this supposed DLC when it looks like their expanding the City portion further.

I found it pretty weird Capcom went through all the trouble to make this patch for just the letter. I wonder if they originally planned to release the patch before announcing RE3 as a way to tease it.
That's not the weird part, the weird and somewhat dumb move is the Trophy. Let's say that's all we'll get from this patch. There will be some amount of hate directed at them for this. If they released the patch and it didn't add any Trophies but just the letter as a fun little easter egg then that would probably stop any of that.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm like 99% sure that the Jill and Kendo image is from RE3. Jill has a bandage on her arm and Kendo looks even more rough and ragged than he did in RE2, so you most likely meet him after Jill recovers from the infection on the 1st of October. The letter being from Jill to Kendo is the reason the image is attached to the attachment. This is basically just an elaborate reveal that Kendo will be in RE3.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm like 99% sure that the Jill and Kendo image is from RE3. Jill has a bandage on her arm and Kendo looks even more rough and ragged than he did in RE2, so you most likely meet him after Jill recovers from the infection on the 1st of October. The letter being from Jill to Kendo is the reason the image is attached to the attachment. This is basically just an elaborate reveal that Kendo will be in RE3.

New Kendo might be made into a combination of old Kendo and Dario. Like they basically have the same situation now with their daughters dying.

Instead of the warehouse, Jill might just stay at the gunshop

🤔

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Kendo might be made into a combination of old Kendo and Dario. Like they basically have the same situation now with their daughters dying.

Instead of the warehouse, Jill might just stay at the gunshop

🤔

It's possible! I'd still like Dario back but I don't mind him having a different role. That being said though, I feel like that screen is from the end of the game given Jill's injuries and Kendo's ragged look.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Dammit, it's just a fucking letter? Fuckin Cappccpccom. I was actually thinking of replaying RE2 again since I only finished it once.

Well, back to hoping for this guy:

c281ac0e6c8ad429dc2c9dd6f6d66668.gif

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Ugh, this is my fault for getting my hopes up. Just thought there was no way it was JUST a small letter 😭

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This would've been an effective marketing tactic before RE3 got revealed to get people to start hyping and speculating. As it is, this is just kind of dumb.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's not the weird part, the weird and somewhat dumb move is the Trophy. Let's say that's all we'll get from this patch. There will be some amount of hate directed at them for this. If they released the patch and it didn't add any Trophies but just the letter as a fun little easter egg then that would probably stop any of that.
This exactly. They know attention would be brought to it based on the achievement/trophy alone. That leans me more on the side of there being much more to this somehow.

They could've just left it as a subtle update where you find the letter and revel at the coolness of putting that continuity in the game for RE3 and then be done with it, but to make it an achievement? I guess to encourage and bring attention to players of the game who got all the achievements to look for it but an interesting choice either way.

ugh....I'm just dying to know for sure one way or another at this point.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Adding a trophy with nothing significant besides is super weird and almost feels like it was supposed to come before the RE3 announcement

This update is such a non sequitur

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The trophy/achievement art shows Jill so I do think this was meant to come out now, they wouldn't have wanted to spoil Jill's reveal before the trailer.

Jun 4, 2018
The trophy/achievement art shows Jill so I do think this was meant to come out now, they wouldn't have wanted to spoil Jill's reveal before the trailer.

Good point! Yeah, we'll hear something RE-related tonight; RE2 is gonna win a bunch of awards and RE3 just got announced with a package that includes a multiplayer component, so we are going to hear something.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a perfect save within five minutes of Kendo and an infinite rocket launcher to speed through, but no Xbox update yet. Oh well.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so some people already unlocked the trophy/achievement. how did they go about it? Demo related or something else?