• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Real talk, I'd watch the shit out of a Mortal Kombat movie directed by Gareth Evans and starring Tony Jaa as Liu Kang and Iko Uwais as Scorpion.

Yayan Ruhian as Shang Tsung.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised. Australia and New Zealand tend to be hotspots since they have the same skilled workers as America but without those "pesky" unions.

Feb 3, 2018
Mortel Kombat huh ?

tenor.gif

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Finally, the best film adaption of a game is coming back to take the crown and re-introduce a new generation to the best track ever created: Techno Syndrome

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAT

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017

Oh so it is mortal kombat
They better use the same damn theme song
I bet that tune is playing right now in your head

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
Heh, "Mortal Kombat" in Australia. It's not going be set in the MK-verse, just Australia. The fighters are going to be trying to survive encounters with the local wildlife.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
This movie really doesn't need a remake.

It's a fitting adaptation of the material: Character designs are on point, campy humor, 80's action movie vibe, memorable dialogue and death scenes and one of the most iconic soundtracks of the 90's.

I rarely say the following combination of words, but Paul W S Anderson's movie is perfectly fine as is. Maybe add some CG gore, but beyond that there;s no reason to remake it unless you've got a fresh take on the material (the mid-2000's miniseries for example).

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the point in MK films anymore.

The games provide you with basically feature length films anyway now.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fun fact: When video games were finally allowed to be R-rated here in Australia, South Australia was the only state to oppose the decision. One of the first games to be "unbanned" was Mortal Kombat 9.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
It's weird to me that a Mortal Kombat movie will be made in my state. Looking forward to it though.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Would be awesome if they got the tone right for this. Like imagine the palette and choreography of a Marvel film except with people's spines getting ripped out. Cartoonishly ott violence

I remember years back there was some attempt at a miniseries that got it all entirely wrong by trying to be gritty and dark

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Yeah SA is a pretty chill and quiet place compared to other places I've lived. Didn't expect a movie to be filmed here.
Daniel Radcliffe was just in town to film Escape from Pretoria so it's not like it's unheard of. Also, Rising Sun Pictures is based in Adelaide and has worked on tonnes of movies including recent Marvel and Disney stuff.