• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And they'll sell more of the Ultimate one to double dippers when the next gen versions launch. I'm still holding off.

Additional sales stats

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EozYfN4XIAABs7M.jpg%3Alarge

May 19, 2020
solid and fun game with some tech and pacing issues. i enjoyed my time with it. looking forward to the next remedy title as usual.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Nice, massive congrats.

Absolutely stellar game that puts a lot of other stuff playing in the big sandbox to shame.

Deserves those sales tenfold. People better get on it with their new machines.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guess the Epic deal worked out for them, especially with them working together again

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Wow....I would of thought it sold more. Didn't Hades sell more than a million a little after 1.0 launch? I know neither are comparable but Control is trying to be a AAA action-shooter? Plus remedy has good pedigree.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Unfortunately still on my backlog but cool for them! Need to play this soon.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to play it, it's sitting on my library but at the moment I'm busy with other games.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played it on gamepass last week and it's honestly one of my fav games this gen. It would even beat out tlou2 for me if it came this year. The gameplay was phenomenal and the storytelling in the world and logs was intriguing and fun to unpack. If they do a proper next gen patch and clean up some of the minor bug issues I had, I'll buy the upgraded version.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Released on Steam back in August though, not sure that explains the big numbers in November? Was it on sale last month?
Ultimate Edition was $19.99 (50% off) on consoles.

I jumped in since i never bought DLC, so it kinda worked out in the end... still scummy move not to upgrade base game owners to next gen versions.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Great game still pissed about the upgrade nonsense and haven't played the DLC. After the Ultimate edition i doubt I ever buy a Remedy game and I definitely will never buy another 505 published game.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Any idea what the revenue is? Presumably a lot of those sold were in half price sales, especially with November 2020 being the biggest month for units sold.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
The nonsense with the Ultimate version completely soured me on this and stopped me buying it

Shows the power of sales though, clearly the black friday one worked well for them moving units wise as least - always funny how often these financial reports flip between either revenue or sales depending on which metric sounds better at the time though lol (and I don't mean here - just a general observation)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Based Switch Cloud version got them over that milestone - BIG WIN xD

Nah honestly congrats to Remedy, they game probably deserves more but it should leg along for a while once it reaches Capcom Resident Evil sale price points.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I've been playing the game lately and it's a fun, brilliant experience. Just defeated the anchor, and I'm assuming I'm close to the end of the main story.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Considering how poorly this game was marketed, that's a pretty big win I would say though I have no idea what expectations were in the end. I feel like reviews and word of mouth had to carry this one.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Next gen version of this game should sell some. It is a very impressive looking game with all the features running at 60fps

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Honestly don't know if that's good or bad for a AAA single player game. Are we making any real money after development and advertising costs?