• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Key points:

1. Revenue 17.8 (10.9) million euros, change +63%​
  2. Operating profit 5.1 (1.0) million euros, 28% of revenue​
  3. Control will be ported on PS5 and Xbox Series X
  4. 2020 will see the release of CrossFire X and Control expansions
  5. Two new projects; unannounced new IP and Project Vanguard enters in pre-production (This is a live service game)
  6. Project Vanguard is using Unreal Engine 4 and not Remedy's own internal engine (Nortlight)
  7. Expecting 2020 to be a better year financially, revenue and profits to increase as well.
  8. 248 full time employees at the company
More here https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/financial-statements-release-1-1-31-12-2019/

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hopefully Control 2 comes down the pipe eventually. Please Remedy, no more pump and dump with exciting new IPs. In the meantime...
3. Control will be ported on PS5 and Xbox Series X
tenor.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Where did they say control is getting a next gen port, all i can find is them saying they are modifying their engine to work on next gen.
The Northlight team has also started to develop systems and processes that enable game teams to add online functionality to future games. Our current focus is on back-end features required by the Vanguard project. There is also on-going work so that we are prepared for the next generation consoles arriving in 2020.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
You know, I deeply regret buying control last week with next gen now confirmed.. Feels like a game perfect for showing off next gen.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see it'll get a next gen port. Console gamers deserve to experience the game in its full glory.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Btw where do you see the part about Control coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X? All I see is this:

" There is also on-going work so that we are prepared for the next generation consoles arriving in 2020."

Oct 24, 2019
I could see it being timed, can't see Remedy doing an outright exclusive anymore they seem very much to want to own their IPS and do their stuff.

That's fair. They've just had so much social media (and in-person) flirting with the SIE WWS that I just have to believe some sort of partnership is in the works there, even if it's just a timed exclusive

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
248 full time employees at the company
It's much more than I expected! Don't know why, but always thought Remedy has about 100 employees.
Hope to see a new Max Payne from them someday, a game like MP1&2. I know it's nearly impossible, but still have hope for it.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully Control 2 comes down the pipe eventually. Please Remedy, no more pump and dump with exciting new IPs. In the meantime...

tenor.gif
I'm hoping for a sequel to Control as well! Glad it's going to come to the PS5. I just hope my PS4 copy will be playable on PS5/updated to take advantage of the PS5, higher framerate, RTX, but I doubt they will do it for free :/
As long as my save data transfers over and the upgrade is cheap.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not up to Remedy. 505 Games has 20 years publishing exclusivity on Control. A sequel will only be made if 505 greenlights it (same situation as with Alan Wake 2 and Microsoft).
Alan Wake 2 was pitched to multiple publishers, you can easily Google this. Just because 505 Games has publishing rights to Control doesn't necessarily mean they have full control over sequels, they probably have the right to first refusal and nothing more.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I just started thinking about an Alan Wake 2 that starts with Alan Wake and Casper Darling running into each other in some other realm and got really excited

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Alan Wake 2 was pitched to multiple publishers, you can easily Google this. Just because 505 Games has publishing rights to Control doesn't necessarily mean they have full control over sequels, they probably have the right to first refusal and nothing more.

Tbh I didn't know there were layers to the exclusivity like this. It was my understanding they just had blanket exclusivity on the franchise. 20 years is a LONG time to have that level of...erm...CONTROL.

I hope a sequel gets made and 505 Games isn't a staunch gatekeeper that could block other interested publishers.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
oh, cool, i missed that part. not necessarily next gen though, could be stadia.

However I think a next gen port still makes a lot of sense.
That's the problem when consoles aren't already fully introduced. Maybe the NG is already in the pipe in one of MS or SONY planned to put it in one of their reveal, so Remedy are tight lipped.
When they announced DLC, I assumed we would have a Complete Edition on NG, so I wait.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Hope one day Control gets a sequel. It's a shame it didn't do too hot sales wise but hopefully over time it'll have some legs.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
So the Control port sounds like developers are going to start reselling their games on the next generation for any upgrades instead of just having a patch with enhancements like the X currently?

Oct 25, 2017
So the Control port sounds like developers are going to start reselling their games on the next generation for any upgrades instead of just having a patch with enhancements like the X currently?
If the game underperformed, they can likely both sell it on next gen and offer a free upgrade patch without missing out on too many double dip sales. The real test will be RDR2.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
If the game underperformed, they can likely both sell it on next gen and offer a free upgrade patch without missing out on too many double dip sales. The real test will be RDR2.

That's true. I guess getting it in stores with a PS5 and Xbox Series X box will be important but I hope that the people who already bought it don't have to fork over another $60 for whatever enhancements come with the new hardware.