• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZSeibar

Nov 2, 2017
Damn ! I almost bought Control for PS4 a couple days ago, glad I didn't :P.

Also doesn't this pretty much confirm we're not getting enhanced patches for our existing backwards compatible games?

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
They're making the single player campaign, yeah.
Gotcha, that makes sense. That makes me a little more excited for the game then, as Remedy makes pretty good narratives in my opinion
was Crossfire that cringy game that was shown at MS's E3 show last year?
I'm not sure whether it was "that cringey game". It is Asia's biggest multiplayer fps game, bigger than CS or COD, but almost no US players as far as I know....

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Publishing exclusivity on Control as in the first game or the whole IP?

Actually it might just be for the game, not the IP? Not sure. Idk if 505 Games would make a deal for just the game would they?

"505 Games, a Digital Bros subsidiary, secures exclusive 20 year rights to the next game from Remedy Entertainment, renowned developer of AAA video games franchises, with an investment of €7.75 million."

www.remedygames.com

505 Games signs worldwide publishing deal with Remedy Entertainment - Remedy

Milan, 3 May, 2017 – Digital Bros S.p.A. (DIB:IM), a digital entertainment company listed in the Star segment of the Milan Stock Exchange, through its subsidiary 505 Games S.p.A., announces today that it has entered a new worldwide PC and console publishing agreement with Remedy Entertainment...

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Control will have insane legs once it will come to Steam and next gen consoles.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Damn ! I almost bought Control for PS4 a couple days ago, glad I didn't :P.

Also doesn't this pretty much confirm we're not getting enhanced patches for our existing backwards compatible games?
I mean we could still get them. But it will probably be very limiting stuff like just higher resolutions or framerates. Next gen port will probably be Remastered/GOTY-like Port with further enhancements and Ray tracing.

I think they could offer upgrades like they did with PS3/PS4. Only it will be more successful since the digital market is bigger than before.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alan Wake 2 was pitched to multiple publishers, you can easily Google this. Just because 505 Games has publishing rights to Control doesn't necessarily mean they have full control over sequels, they probably have the right to first refusal and nothing more.
I believe MS had right of first refusal for the sequel and once MS passed on a sequel pitch, then Remedy was open to pitch to other publishers. Now Remedy has the publishing rights to the Alan Wake game MS funded and can self publish or make a deal with another publisher to publish the game on any platform.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
they will obviously try to port control with raytracing to console. It has a big impact on the visuals of the game, I am not sure consoles can handle it though. It would be interesting to see how they optimize these things. RTX on PC is probably not that optimized right now.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to hear they're getting plenty of work. Being a large independent developer in the modern market is incredibly challenging.