• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
If that's the case then the only ones that come to mind for AAA project development then is either EA or Activision IMO. With how EA is sticking to sports and star wars game, guess it could be Activision, considering they also published Sekiro(a game that's way out of their usual library of games).

EA hasn't published a major third-party game since EA Partners was killed off. It did jump back on the third-party publishing horse with EA Originals, but it "exists to deliver unique and memorable gaming experiences to our players, from the best independent studios", to quote the website. A AAA game from a publicly-traded company doesn't fit that bill.

In my opinion, 2K/Private Division is the safest guess, but Deep Silver/Nordic do have the means to publish a AAA project if those are waters they'd like to dip their toes into.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Probably with Private Division, since Take Two said want to increase their output and diversity of the games they are publishing for the next gen

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The article says : "studio will retain ownership of the unannounced games' IP,".
That doesn't mean it is a new IP.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
If it wasn't because of the multiplayform and retaining the IP part I'd totally bet on it being a sequel to the beloved Playstation All Stars Battle Royale! (Seriously congrats to Remedy and I look forward to this)

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I wonder which publisher? Doubt its any of the big ones unless Activision wants to do something akin to Sekiro again.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It says more details later today, so we will probably learn who it is.
Hopefully not 505 because they just dont have sufficient funding or marketing capabilities.

If it were 505, surely the announcement would've mentioned as much. It wouldn't make any sense to be secretive about resigning with the publisher behind your most recent release.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Google Stadia Let's gooooo
giphy.gif

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could it be one of those large Chinese gaming companies that have been pumping money into a number of Western game development studios?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Epic, only they are gonna be offering such favourable terms surely?
Maybe Private Division, they seem to be splashing cash at the moment

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
there's only a few possiblities. 2K, EA, Activision...who else? It'll be weird if the publisher is some out of left field like Capcom, Square Enix or WB Games.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
"The first project is a "AAA multi-platform game" already in pre-production, the company said on Thursday, while the second is a "smaller-scale" project set in the same franchise."

So, Alan Wake 2 plus his British Nightmare? I wish.

So, Sony would release a Game on Xbox?

they are saying next generation consoleS
PSP3 plus PS5 obviously.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn looks like all the smoke for the PlayStation acquisition was just the smoke people were blowing up each other's asses.

Good for Remedy, curious who the deal is with.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
With the AWE dlc 2 for control due later, wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the titles was Alan Wake related.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
With the AWE dlc 2 for control due later, wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the titles was Alan Wake related.
"The first project is a "AAA multi-platform game" already in pre-production, the company said on Thursday, while the second is a "smaller-scale" project set in the same franchise."

Both games are in the same franchise.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Both games are in the same franchise.
arent AW, QB and control all set in the same universe? at least alan wake and control are.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When companies like Remedy and Deep Silver talk AAA, they mean games of the size of Saints Row and Metro Exodus. I guess one could say that Control was a bit too small to be called AAA, but they're definitely not talking EA/Acti/Ubi sized games here. Like I said, more comparable in size with Saints Row and Metro Exodus.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So Alan Wake 2 and American Nightmare 2 with Activision or 505. Goooood.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I wouldn't count a xgs global publishing deal, they have ported their published content to switch / PC in the past. But it's probably THQ.

could we see a teaser in a games blowout event soon? 🤔

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
So the obvious options here are:

1. Alan Wake 2 +something smaller
2. Control 2 +something smaller
3. A new IP