• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
but they didn't say which platforms

They did.

More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release. The partnership extends Remedy's strategy of creating and developing its own IP's into long-term franchises. Both games will be launched on next generation console platforms and PC in the next few years.

Remedy Entertainment signs two multi-platform publishing deals

Remedy Entertainment Plc | Insider information 9:00 am (EET) 26 March 2020 Remedy

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

QbA8r6D_d.jpg

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate Epic, I'm glad it wasn't Sony because I feel like 2/3 of those studios would have been locked down to 1 platform.

Sucks about EGS tho, I guess ill get these on XSX

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Control is "smaller scale" by the Remedy standards, so more Control or more Alan Wake?

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Congrats to Remedy, bit disappointed they're now known as the "Control studio" since Alan Wake and Max Payne exists, but whatever.

Control has been getting awards like crazy so it's normal people recognize Remedy for Control but Alan Wake is my favorite Remedy game until today.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so they're two projects, right? One large scale, AAA multi-platform game. The second is a smaller scale project, but in the same franchise.

Remedy recently acquired the publishing rights to Alan Wake, mentioned they've always wanted to make a sequel.

Alan Wake 2 and Alan Wake Remastered, with their updated engine and Ray Tracing support.

It's happening.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Ok, so they're two projects, right? One large scale, AAA multi-platform game. The second is a smaller scale project, but in the same franchise.

Remedy recently acquired the publishing rights to Alan Wake, mentioned they've always wanted to make a sequel.

Alan Wake 2 and Alan Wake Remastered, with their updated engine and Ray Tracing support.

It's happening.

That would be fucking dope.

Can't wait for the Alan Wake/Quantum Break/Control crossover game.

Moertel

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, I think Alan Wake 2 is finally happening

- they didn't specifically say "new IP" and
- two projects for the same new IP at the same time would be kinda risky and weird
- it can't be Quantum Break because that's Microsoft owned
- don't think it's Control because while they have IP rights, distribution rights are owned by 505 and its hard for me to imagine a deal with them and Epic being struck

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
happy for them! i'd love (but dont expect) alan wake to return. i hope this isnt control related.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This is the day I create an EGS account. I'm really happy for Remedy, will support them for sure, it's sooo good that they aren't locked to a console.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Will people finally stop believing all those fake rumors now? Unlikely.

Seems to be a good deal for the studio, I'm really happy for them! :)