• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The first project is a "AAA multi-platform game" already in pre-production, the company said on Thursday, while the second is a "smaller-scale" project set in the same franchise. Both projects are being developed on Remedy's proprietary Northlight game engine and tools.

The games will be released for next-gen consoles and PC in "the next few years," Remedy said. The Finnish studio will retain ownership of the unannounced games' IP, while revenue will be split with the publisher.

More details regarding the partnership between Remedy and the publisher will be announced later today by a press release.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Remedy signs deal with Epic for two next-gen games | VGC

UPDATED: Control studio signs with new label…

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This has to be with PlayStation.

EDIT: Got to excited at work and wrote this real quick. Sorry folks haha.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
2K/Private Division or Deep Silver/Nordic is my guess. Also, "The Finnish studio will retain ownership of the unannounced games' IP" suggests it's a new IP and not, say, Alan Wake 2 + something along the lines of American Nightmare.

Last edited:

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Nice!
I guess we can stop believing the Sony acquisition rumours now, since it's already listed for PC.

Who do we think is the publisher? Microsoft could actually work (next-gen consoles, plural), but I actually think it could be Activision, after seeing what they did with Sekiro.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Congrats to Remedy, bit disappointed they're now known as the "Control studio" since Alan Wake and Max Payne exists, but whatever.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Lovely jubbly.

I am glad nobody has acquired them, and everybody can enjoy their upcoming games too!

More people should play 'Control' as well, especially with the two upcoming story add-ons.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
acquisition is off the table then, at least for now. which is ofc a good thing.
good for them, looking forward to see what the big game is like.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Wow - cool! This will be interesting to see.
Interesting to see what Remedy can do with next gen hardware.

Lot of stuff potentially happening today..

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The pool of publisher that would go for a deal where they can keep the IP is not that big. Definitely not Activision or Ubisoft. Because it says consoles it is also not MS or Sony. EA is a possibility from the big ones.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The pool of publisher that would go for a deal where they can keep the IP is not that big. Definitely not Activision or Ubisoft. Because it says consoles it is also not MS or Sony. EA is a possibility from the big ones.

I'd say we can rule out EA on the basis of one of the games being AAA. Unlike EA Partners, EA Originals is squarely aimed at indie developers.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm happy they get to make more games. But multiplatform publishing deals don't usually go very well for these companies... I'd be happier with a Sony or (to a lesser extent) Microsoft deal.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, so is this seperate from that other GaaS game they were apparently making (not talking about cross fire)?

edit - vanguard is what the Initiative is called.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
So much for the Sony speculation. Glad to see that they're getting new funding as well as being allowed to keep their IP.

I'm happy they get to make more games. But multiplatform publishing deals don't usually go very well for these companies... I'd be happier with a Sony or (to a lesser extent) Microsoft deal.
Worked out fine for Control.

Activision let From keep the rights to Sekiro afaik.

Other possibilities include:
-Private Division (Take Two)
-Focus Home Interactive
-THQ Nordic

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Annapurna, Team17, Devolver, etc. have the resources to commit to a potentially risky AAA project.

If that's the case then the only ones that come to mind for AAA project development then is either EA or Activision IMO. With how EA is sticking to sports and star wars game, guess it could be Activision, considering they also published Sekiro(a game that's way out of their usual library of games).

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Activision let From keep the rights to Sekiro afaik.

Other possibilities include:
-Private Division (Take Two)
-Focus Home Interactive
-THQ Nordic

Forgot about Sekiro. That was so unusual for Activision, that it completely slipped my mind.

Activion might me looking at diversing their portfolio without buying studios. They do need it...

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worked out well for Control. Less for Quantum Break. But at least they own the former. If Sony and they worked in a deal they'd own nothing.

it's partially why Insomniac didn't have a whole ton of IP thatSony wanted to make use of when they bought them.Most of all Insomniacs best hits are owned Sony IP.