• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Rockstar gave them permission.

One single game.

Next gen and PC only.

Northlight Engine.

A dream come true.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. They weren't involved with MP3, right? That was all Rockstar?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this means current gen port of Max Payne 3 or Trilogy Collcetion int the future 🤞

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. Does that mean that Rockstar would also give Max Payne 3 the remaster treatment?
I hope so.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How many teams does Remedy have ? They are announcing new projects every couple months.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game's development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Hell yeah, fucking love those games. And I love that it's like a big thing too. They deserve a lot of love.

Dr_Pow

Oct 30, 2017
This is awesome, can't wait to have the whole Remedy-verse connected. Although Remedy seems to be working on a lot of projects at once, I just hope that Control gets a proper sequel.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Developed for next gen (are we still calling it that?), nice.

"Remedy will develop the games as a single title"

So it will be a 1+2 package remake then? Interesting.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Press release says it'll be both games in one package and the budget will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA production. Whatever that means.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I beat max payne 3 the other day and deally enjoyed it. Never played 1 and 2. Might just wait on this

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
How many projects do they have running at the same time? Surely some will be put on hold?