• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Update, April 30: We'll soon be able to stop calling it P7, because Remedy will finally unveil their new game at E3.

Good news, Remedy fans: the studio's mysterious P7 will finally be unveiled at E3. We've heard rumblings about Project 7 - that's a working title, if you hadn't guessed - since way back in 2016, with news that the Alan Wake and Max Payne studio would drop their long-standing partnership with Microsoft to bring the game to market with a new publisher.

That'll be another one to add to our upcoming PC games list.

That new publisher is 505 Games, and they'll showcase P7 as part of their E3 lineup, "giving press the first hands-off look" at the game. No details beyond that just yet, aside from confirmation that P7 is slated for release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Other games on the 505 slate include Underworld Ascendant, Indivisible, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Remedy have two games in development, and financial reports from the company say P7 will launch sometime in 2019. Job listings and product descriptions for P7 suggest it will keep the studio's usual cinematic focus along while incorporating Destiny-like online elements

https://www.pcgamesn.com/remedy-new-game

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
bullshit that it'll come out in 2019

They released 2 games in 13 years, no way they'll have a new one out only 3 years after QB

Though maybe if they focus they can actually make something good this decade

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't gotten around the QB but always excited to see the games they make. Nothing thus far has been a dud

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
bullshit that it'll come out in 2019

They released 2 games in 13 years, no way they'll have a new one out only 3 years after QB

Though maybe if they focus they can actually make something good this decade

Thats why they are changing. Their way of making games and long release times between games was no longer sustainable really.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
1. Death Rally - 1996
2. Max Payne - 2001
3. Max Payne 2 - 2003
4. Alan Wake - 2010
5. Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 2012
6. Quantum Break - 2016
7. ??? - 20XX

I am always interested in what Remedy does. Sad it probably won't be Alan Wake 2 though.

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I've been watching all of Raycevick's video content lately and it's gotten me aware of Remedy's stuff. I went back and played the Max Payne games myself. Even after Quantum Break they still have a lot of potential and a lot of the core talent still employed (rare for bigger studios for THIS long) so I'd welcome anything they do.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Ohhhhh mysterious.

5WmJZjr.gif

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully its a game and not an experiment in transmedia development. Quantum Break was awesome but he TV show part was garbo.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very interested in seeing how they marry their traditional cinematic-third-person-action formula with what they've been saying about making games that people can come back to.

This and Laser League have the potential to elevate 505 as a publisher in the eyes of many.

Max Payne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Quantum Break I won't set my expectations too high. QB was big let down to me after decades of being a Remedy fanboy. I'd really hope for a sequel to any remedy game besides QB, but we all know it ain't gonna happen.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they announce a while back that they will focus on multiplayer games

crossfire 2 is their multiplayer game from what I'm aware and they are just doing the story for it
Project 7 (P7) is Remedy's more traditional Next Big Thing. It has a publisher, 505 Games, and will be a third-person action game with some intriguing-sounding 'long-lasting mechanics'.

"Well we are exploring the idea of: we want to retain the strong storytelling and strong characters and strong world-building that we have done in the past, but also we want to find ways for the players to be able to spend more time with an experience," said Lake - "that it's not just played once through and then you are done in a weekend. Exploring ways to expand that side of the thing without losing what we feel that we do really well."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-25-not-the-finnish-remedys-new-age

Maybe procedural generation will be their answers to not just one and done games?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it uses the quantum break engine . That game is still stunning . Combined with time effects it's amazing .