• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know yet if I'll get it at launch, but I'm still looking forward to it. I enjoyed Quantum Break for what it was so I'm excited for this one too.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
That's kind of on them, though. If you want players to play a certain way, then you need the enemy design and variety to push them to play differently. It's also valid to just give the options and let the players experiment with them, but you don't get to say "oh no you guys are playing it wrong" after.

Control seems to be a lot better than Quantum Break in enemy design, though.

You'd have to take out the difficulty options to make that work. You can get through the game as a cover shooter playing it on easy but when you crank it up, you have to use all of the powers. Enemy design did force you to use those powers if you chose to play it on a higher difficulty.

The last boss, which was wildly panned, required that you use all of your skills and carefully time you time bubble power to progress. Those who played it on easy never really had to use the bubble power and therefore never knew how powerful it was.

I feel like the same could happen here.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's good. Fucking loved Quantum Break. A shame this has some bullshit console exclusive content, would have bought day one for my Scorpio but I'll buy used or wait for a big sale, can't support this nonsense.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for this! I'll pick it up unless it bombs critically. Previews have been really positive so far though and I do love the general look and feel of what I'm seeing so far.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just got done recently with 100%-ing the achievements in Quantum Break, such a fun game. They really put so much work into the details and touches. I'm not sure if I'm going to get the PS4 or XB1X version yet. It would be strange playing a newer Remedy game on a PS console. I'd want to get the better-looking version anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
You'd have to take out the difficulty options to make that work. You can get through the game as a cover shooter playing it on easy but when you crank it up, you have to use all of the powers. Enemy design did force you to use those powers if you chose to play it on a higher difficulty.

The last boss, which was wildly panned, required that you use all of your skills and carefully time you time bubble power to progress. Those who played it on easy never really had to use the bubble power and therefore never knew how powerful it was.

I feel like the same could happen here.
Disagree, played on the highest difficulty and still think the enemies can all be defeated the same way.

Not as a cover shooter though, you're right about that, but I didn't even try.

That being said, they did take out the difficulty options from Control. :D

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
Really excited for this game, but since it's gone gold so early...what are the chances of there still being a day 1 patch?

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Great news.

I have a feeling this won't appeal to those who didn't like Quantum Break. Thankfully that's not me.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Will be watching reviews, definitely pulling for Remedy though, they deserve a hit

Nov 11, 2017
Usually I see people saying that large teams are a bad thing so this is....new. 🤔 Many many indies are made with a lot less than 100 people. I wish that on this forum the general consensus about team sizes would shift to
-case by case basis depending on the scale of project and the people working on it

instead of really weird statements about game development teams.
Indie teams scope is much smaller and surely
more focused than this. this is essentially for all purposes a larger than normal indie title developed by 100 people

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Great news.

I have a feeling this won't appeal to those who didn't like Quantum Break. Thankfully that's not me.
Personally I passed on Quantum Break and Control is looking like Remedy's best since MP2.

The combination of Metroid Vania level inspiration, expanded powers, and the developers own admission of moving away from QB's bloated narrative and dead linear design are all notable changes.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the team. Great premise, great previews. IGN one in particular was glowing. Control looks like Remedy's best and most interesting game in years.

3 years only100 people? No wonder the game looks bland as hell.
What looks bland about it and why does team size have anything to do with that? Its premise is unique, its gameplay looks wild, varied challenging and fun. Designed to be one of the most focused titles.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Seems solid, more gameplay than cutscenes. I guess that all the money spent on making Quantum Break super cinematic doesn't translate to more sales on a sustainable ratio.

Last edited:

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
honestly I don't think the shooting looks fun, but will wait for reviews before judging.

I play a lot of shooters and sure, I'm biased, but the feel of the game and combat is what we've gotten a lot of positive feedback on from pretty much everyone who has played. I've watched a lot of people play this game and mostly they say how tight the gunplay is. Lets see.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved all of their previous games, so can't wait to play Control! In a year.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this. Potential GOTY contender for me, especially as Sam Lake is back helping with the writing on this one.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hell yeah, can't wait

needed sommit to tickle my Alan Wake cravings