• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Quantum Break was such a mixed bag, I loved the TV show, the story was interesting and the combat was enjoyable yet repetitive but fuck me did it run badly, unstable, low frame rate, fake 1080p and just an overall choppiness. At the time it ran a million miles worse than anything else I owned and Control is on the same engine so I'm very worried about how it'll run.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
Quantum Break was such a mixed bag, I loved the TV show, the story was interesting and the combat was enjoyable yet repetitive but fuck me did it run badly, unstable, low frame rate, fake 1080p and just an overall choppiness. At the time it ran a million miles worse than anything else I owned and Control is on the same engine so I'm very worried about how it'll run.
What do you think about the final boss fight?

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland

That was three years ago. Lot of optimization has happened since. You'll know soon enough.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Not buying a Remedy game day 1 feels strange/wrong.
But that happens when you decide to add a console exclusive content.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Hope my 2080 can handle the ray tracing, going to dial down to 1080p and hope for the best

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The recommended spec for ray tracing is an RTX 2060

Which is little bit weird considering how taxing RT is in e.g. BFV where implementation doesn't seem to be ass wide and deep in use as it's in Control. 2060 has hard time in BFV if you crank RT up in quality. Will be interesting to see how bad death kneel my 2080Ti takes in Control with RT on @ 3440 x 1440.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Congratulations. I hope that it does well.

Big Alan Wake fan here and an even bigger defender of Quantum Break, but they sadly lost me on this one because of the exclusive stuff for PlayStation owners.
That makes two of us. Love everything they do but I won't support this. Given that it's a single player game, I'll just get the GOTY version some time down the road for a couple bucks and actually have more content to play for less money, so they're missing out on money from me. I won't support platform exclusive content, no matter the platform. It's unfair.

Good thing I have enough stuff to play for the next three years thanks to GamePass.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I was walking down a Helsinki street a couple of weeks ago and ran into a guy wearing a Control tee. Sure enough, he was a Remedy employee.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't the exclusive content only a few mods, an extra side mission for the most expensive version, and the undated first expansion arriving to PS4 some days/weeks earlier? It hardly looks to me as something significant. Of course, the longer you wait, the cheaper it's going to be, but that also depends on how badly you want to experience the game, as with anything.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
What came to my mind reading the title

YYwyw08.png

Let's hope is not a hot mess like Quantum Break was. Unplayable even today.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Day 1, love Remedy ...they are imo one of the best studios for delivering top story, lore and world building with great gameplay mechanics .....they take chances and I respect that.

Have a good feeling that Control will take the best bits of QB and knock.it out of the park.......would love more AW soon too !

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
can't wait. i hope this is quantum break without all the shitty tv/story segments and more exploration. i liked qb's story, but man it was so intrusive. i didnt help that you pretty much had to watch the live action segments to follow the story (btw, streaming the episodes no longer works on x1, so you have to download the 100gb pack).

still not sure which version to pick. ps4 has a nice retail collectors edition, x1x might look and run a lot better.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Did you try to play it on PC? Performance is terrible even on a 1060. It dips down to 25 fps in some areas.

Game is solid with a good story, but performance issues made it unplayable for me.
I played it on PC with a GTX980 and an I54690k at 1080p locked 60fps, no dips like that at all. Ran great, it would dip into the mid 50's occasionally but nothing crazy. Sounds like something going on with your PC

May 17, 2018
Sony is promoting the ever-loving shit out of this game. More than some of their first-party stuff, it feels like.

Psyched as hell for this.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I put a pre-order in. The whole concept is right up my alley. I played Alan Wake but I never got into Quantum Break, I just wasn't getting games for my Xbox at the time. Now I have game pass and I think it's there so I'll 100% play that too.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you try to play it on PC? Performance is terrible even on a 1060. It dips down to 25 fps in some areas.

Game is solid with a good story, but performance issues made it unplayable for me.
Weird, I played on a 1060 at 60fps, it was fine. Old ass i5 3570k at stock clocks, too.

Granted, I had the reconstruction on, and wasn't even on max settings, but unplayable means you can't get decent performance no matter what you do, not that it's very demanding on max settings and high resolutions.

I hated the game, too, so I don't even have a reason to defend it.

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I hope that there was love put into the Xbox One version of this game as I'll be picking it up to play on the One X.

Bummer about no HDR support, but excited none the less.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Saw some gameplay, it look super fun, but i saw level thing on ennemies.... just tell me ther are no scaling or level gating and you just sold a copy of the game !