• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good 3D rocks. Problem was and still is that most people experience it in shitty calibrated Dim theaters or worse..... on some 2006 tech console trying to push a low res image.... upscaled to 1080p.... in 2 eyes....all while running at a non steady frame rate. Like it's obvious why so many people hate it. The tech only really thrives on a giant screen or projector. At this point 3D feels pointless for games in a world where we have VR, however 3D still makes sense for movies that are shot with it in mind. Tron Legacy is still one of the best visual experiences in 3D and the digital effects of all the MCU movies post-AoU are fucking amazing in 3D.

That being said, 3D is just a tool in how you want to shoot a movie. Making a movie or game in 3D for the sake of ticking of a box has always been a dumb idea.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Not really and what you just said is what someone used to say too when I said my opinion about 3D years ago.
I wish people would stop using the past as some sort of metric for the future. Yes, 3D faded out in the past. That doesn't have any relation to VR. VR can succeed or fail and the entire reason for either option is unrelated to how 3D went down.

But seriously, why do you want it to fail? You do realize that even if you don't want VR to be a thing, it brings automatic improvements to non-VR games? Such as better audio APIs, better rendering techniques, better physics libraries, the commercialization of personal HRTFs, higher production rates of high resolution displays, etc.

There is no reason why anyone should want VR to die. It's illogical.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just saw Avengers Endgame in 3D, they just stopped selling the 3D Blu Rays
In NA they did. Movies are still released in 3D, just very few are released here in NA. The other ones that are released in 3D are released in other regions like Asian country and the UK. It's a pain in the ass to import but worth it for movies that use 3D superbly like Spiderman Into the Spiderverse

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
I really gave 3d a try (in the theaters), but wearing glasses on top of my glasses was the worst. The 3d glasses usually didn't line up correctly with my glasses, and they were uncomfortable together. Even when it worked I was still trying to watch a movie through 2 sets of lenses, which is silly.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really gave 3d a try (in the theaters), but wearing glasses on top of my glasses was the worst. The 3d glasses usually didn't line up correctly with my glasses, and they were uncomfortable together. Even when it worked I was still trying to watch a movie through 2 sets of lenses, which is silly.
Honestly the whole experience of watching 3D movies in theaters is still pretty shit, and it's even worse for people with glasses. Either they are super heavy or they are tiny and too small to properly be placed over other glasses.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
But clearly you're not enjoying different things like 3D/VR/AR so there's nothing for me to actually get over. Pancake gaming has always been a thing, It's like basic entry gaming. So technically you actually don't enjoy different things..... You enjoy 1 basic thing we all get. What a time to be alive......

Its like youre trying so hard to be insulting that its funny bro, lmao.

When I said its okay for us to like different things, i meant its okay for you to like what you like, and for me to like what I like.

I own a ps4 pro and vr with a stack of games, a 3ds with a huge library, had 3d televisions and so on. I invested, but didnt like-so i just wont invest any further.

For some odd reason you're taking it so personal lol

And why? Costs you nothing to pay me no mind, and of course what I eat dont make you shit LOL

Carry on bro youre amazing

Last edited:

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
I bought that TV new for $99 and used it as a PC monitor. I never could get the 3D working. Also, the glare was horrendous.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Every talks shit about gen 7 gimmicks, but they all combined into VR and its amazing

YAGpXPd.png