• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Yep! I remember being out on the balcony in the cold (not because of MN9 lol, just coincidence) and thought to myself that the campaign was probably gonna' get really big. This was right when KS was starting to see high-profile folks hitting the platform, so it was a big deal!

I think I got my money's worth for $20 USD. Probably wouldn't want to pay more than that for MN9, but I had a decent enough time with the main campaign and Ray is still really cool to play as. Still wish a Vita version would have released!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This was supposed to be our stand-in for Mega Man.

Life's funny sometimes.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
i feel bad for those who kickstared the 3ds/ vita versions that will never be
Yeah, if you only had those platforms available it sure turned out shit for you. I backed for Vita, and the only reason I played it was that they actually did the cool thing of having full Cross-Buy for all three Sony platforms, so all Vita/PS3 backers got PS4 codes with everyone else (which would eventually be good for the PS3 version as well).

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I'm on that Victims List too but I have nothing against the game, never felt robbed or mislead personally but I'm someone who saw the initial video, pledged, then didn't check in til release upon which I played the game on PC in a few sittings and had a good time.
Kind of an uggie game for sure but I thought it was otherwise solid for $20.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's still some people who never got their backed content (partially related to the Vita/3DS ports). Friend of mine had to reach out (I think it was Humble Bundle in this case), to get a different console code, which they gave to him no hassle.

But yeah, it's... a mess. My name's also on that list. Kinda ashamed really, haha. Only put in $5 but still.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew that shit was gonna bomb, people called me a troll for bringing up the fact that the pitch was more of an opportunity to say FU to Capcom rather than something of substance, the video was absurd knowing that Inafune wasted so many chances to make a proper Megaman game.

A mod active in the initial thread was kinda close to the production in some form and sent me PMs that I considered innapropiate.

I'm glad it flopped.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
After this failed Capcom was like
giphy-14.gif

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol my name is in there, I only backed it for $20 though.

You can search for your name in the credits so you don't have to sit through 4 hours of credits to find your name.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Capcom really doesn't deserve a lot of praise here for how they treated the series for so long.

We're lucky one of the devs there at Capcom made this happen to begin with. Just cause Mighty No 9 was a failure doesn't mean Capcom wasn't being lame for a good bit there.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only Kickstarter I ever backed, and I don't even care about Mega Man. Still have the Famicom-style box in my closet, unopened.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This whole affair is an object lesson in why you don't let spite be your primary motivator for spending money.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
4 hours of people backing a Fadestarter. lol damn. Also some of the comics featuring Mega Man passing the torch are funny is hell

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Still ashamed about pledging to that KS. Sometimes you gotta eat your crow when you least expect it. Granted, as awful as Inafune is, that doesn't excuse how Capcom unceremoniously killed Legends 3 before releasing the Prototype to actually gauge interest (thus denying the developers a chance to prove themselves). I'm mad about everything involved and all the potential squandered.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I knew that shit was gonna bomb, people called me a troll for bringing up the fact that the pitch was more of an opportunity to say FU to Capcom rather than something of substance, the video was absurd knowing that Inafune wasted so many chances to make a proper Megaman game.

A mod active in the initial thread was kinda close to the production in some form and sent me PMs that I considered innapropiate.

I'm glad it flopped.
Weren't you one of the few people championing Shovel Knight at the time while this was getting more attention?

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I always found the comics to be kind of sweet when they came out, even though I wasn't interested in the series. Just felt like fans being sentimental about a thing they cared about, which I thought was sort of adorable.

Admittedly once things turned out the way they did, the comics became fucking hilarious in hindsight, but I think their original intention is still kind of sweet. Sucks that things turned out the way they did but, hey, life goes on.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, these are type of comics I was talking about.
2e1.png
ee3.png
These are incredibly hilarious in hindsight. I fully admit I was a believer and genuinely thought these were sweet and passionate until the delays and suspicions started rising. "Not Rush" got me good, especially when there was no pet character in the game.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I like Inafune. He made Soul Sacrifice and that was my favorite Vita game.

One day I'll get around to playing MN9.

One day.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
probably would've been decent if they focused on, y'know, making a game. and then multimedia crap like years later

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
probably would've been decent if they focused on, y'know, making a game. and then multimedia crap like years later

The moves, cartoons, etc had little to no effect on the production of the games--their involvement with those projects amounted to signing a licensing deal and collecting an advance, and the whole reason they were eager to do it was because it's an easy way to bring in additional funds without having to do much of anything.

Shovel Knight was merched out the wazoo before it even came out, for similar reasons--if someone offers to drop some cash in your lap in exchange for producing something that'll potentially grow your audience, you take the deal, it's a no-brainer.

The games went to shit because they over-promised on platforms, on physical rewards, on feature set, etc which turned a potentially reasonable budget into chicken feed.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, Mega Man 11 came out and was amazing. Sucks for those that backed this project. Especially If you are one of the few that backed this project for the Vita or 3DS version.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
The moves, cartoons, etc had little to no effect on the production of the games--their involvement with those projects amounted to signing a licensing deal and collecting an advance, and the whole reason they were eager to do it was because it's an easy way to bring in additional funds without having to do much of anything.

Shovel Knight was merched out the wazoo before it even came out, for similar reasons--if someone offers to drop some cash in your lap in exchange for producing something that'll potentially grow your audience, you take the deal, it's a no-brainer.

The games went to shit because they over-promised on platforms, on physical rewards, on feature set, etc which turned a potentially reasonable budget into chicken feed.

i suppose you're right. but feels like Inafune's ambitions to make an IP sucked the creative air out of making a game first and foremost, i dunno

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
It's such a weird tonally jarring thing to me to see nostalgic sentimentality combined with calling a piece of art an "IP"

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I was one of the unlucky backers. I never even got the game in the end. No code, no physical (which I backed it for). Looking back I don't even want it anymore, but it's still literal wasted money.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I never even played my copy; I backed it for the Vita version back in the day and ended up getting a Steam copy out of obligation. Not that I was disappointed that I wasn't getting the Vita version, I was disappointed I was getting MMN9.