• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Heads up to anyone who checked out Wombo and shared their creations on Twitter etc. thread for reference https://www.resetera.com/threads/cursed-uncanny-valley-wombo-ai.391969/

So I woke up today to have my Twitter account suspended for multiple tweets I made using the share function from the app. Turns out all the WOMBO tweets with Universal Music Group were flagged for DMCA.

Sort of blew my mind because the app encourages you to share and I thought they must have gotten permission so that users could share out those clips of the songs. Never sharing anything to social media again that contains even clips of music, even if it's an app I trust. Got some bs DMCA from Universal Music Group as well last year on a tweet I made 3 years ago and my account is now on thin ice.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The DMCA is some really shitty law that we really need to repeal and replace with something reasonable.
The way with deal with intellectual property in the US is terrible in general.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
the music industry is as usual just completely ass backwards. you got a whole entire generation of kids who are not only heavily into streaming music but some even shockingly buying expensive physical formats of music now that they hear on the internet. those vinyl sales aren't nothing. lets these kids casually slip into all new sounds of old catalog bands and sell that shit at a markup. goddamn they're just stupid and as backwards.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the music industry is as usual just completely ass backwards. you got a whole entire generation of kids who are not only heavily into streaming music but some even shockingly buying expensive physical formats of music now that they hear on the internet. those vinyl sales aren't nothing. lets these kids casually slip into all new sounds of old catalog bands and sell that shit at a markup. goddamn they're just stupid and as backwards.
It's been shown time and time again that sampling and mashups help with record sales for the original artist but nah fuck it we'll just make the whole practice de facto illegal so that lawyers can get paid.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much. Let people discover your music and they will eventually buy it. Even if that is through a dumb meme online. I feel like so many companies these days are so shortsighted on short term profits they absolutely blind themselves to better options that would set them up better for the long term.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Almost as stupid as getting a takedown because you posted a story on Instagram, using their very own song library and sharing the story to your Facebook account using their very own share button.