• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
I drink at least 100 ounces a day. Usually in the 150-200 range. I never used to do this, but I bought a Contigo water bottle, and now I always have water with me. There's a water cooler in my office, so it helps keep my bottle full all day. Staying hydrated really does make you feel better.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I wonder what people did before anyone coined the phrase "stay hydrated". Just drank water when they got thirsty? Perilous times.

Dec 2, 2017
I went for a run before in this heat, having not drank anything all day and didn't take any water with me. Only made it 5 miles before I felt like throwing up.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I sometimes spend entire days without drinking a single drop of water, not even at meals.

I know how wrong it is and while I never had issues and everything is perfectly fine down there I know I'll regret it if I don't change my habits sooner or later.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
But someone told me not to drink too much water. What do?
"Too much" would be 1-4 liters with acute heart issues or 8-12 L without much if sweating.

Worst day of my life was pre heart op, when the nurse gave me dagger eyes each and every time I lifted my glas with water to drink. I was not allowed to eat, nor drink. Tough time.

Dec 2, 2017
HCZa9Al_d.jpg

mintzilla

Nov 6, 2017
Canada
What evolutionary mechanism made humans not only dislike the taste of water, but to forget to drink it altogether? Seems like madness.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Water is key but I would also recommend Pedialyte as well. There have been moments where I have felt I was literally about to crash and I chug a bottle of Pedialyte at work and cruise.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Keep your pee clear. Seems like a good rule of thumb. Any yellow, and you should drink more.

Afaik a light tint of yellow is also fine, but yes that's a good rule of thumb. I chug a half liter whenever my pee is not the right color.

Also if you have to pee after like every like every glass or so, then you've already been dehydrated for some time. Keep drinking!

I would also argue that you don't need some app to track your water intake. Just adds more noise to your life when the only thing you need to do is just drink water. Keep it on hand. When bored: drink.

Tap water is really good where I live so I suppose that does make it easy for me.

Don't drink too much right before bed though, that'll fuck up your sleep a bit

That's really good advice right here. Do it, people.

20170627142155.png

This is mine, I love it

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I came into work and I had a cup of water and I feel energized and ready to start my day! Man, I love water.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I basically only drink water during the day and it's honestly great. It's hard to get used to it at first, since it's initially pretty unsatisfying when it comes to taste, but now I can't imagine drinking any sodas or hot drinks.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I thought this was a joke thread...
How do you even forget to drink water?

...but then again I live right around the equator. Don't need any reminder when you're constantly sweating your ass off.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
If your piss is any shade of yellow, thats not good.

Clear is ideal. Anyone who remotely tries to say it's not is a fool and doesn't know what they're talking about.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
If u feel thirsty it means you're already dehydrated

Nah, it still takes a while after that before you're actually dehydrated. Your body is smart enough to warn you plenty in advance that, "hey, bud, time to drink some water," but you're still a fair distance away from actually being dehydrated.

There's no set number (quantity) someone should drink daily. If you're thirsty, drink water, but that whole 8 cups/day crap was never really scientifically founded.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
I used to never really drink water, just apple juice. Then I started on my diet, and I switched to just water. Like others have mentioned previously, getting a water bottle and always having it on you goes a long way to keeping yourself topped up. I just got a cheapo one off Amazon for like a fiver. Does the job.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely keep this mind especially with Ramadan right around the corner

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Got super dehydrated last 4th of July, thought I was having a heart attack and got a $5k hospital bill :(

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"Pfft, why do we need a thread for this, everybody knows to drink water," sph3re said, drinking his second cup of coffee before noon.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Pretty solid advice for me today, considering I very much was not well hydrated last night. Too much tea.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I prefer some flavor in my beverages so I usually add a squirt of lemon or lime juice to a bottle of water. This helped me kick soda for the most part.

Last edited:

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I had a kidney stone a couple months ago. It started after I decided to try a new brand of tea. I'm not necessarily saying the tea caused it, but after two weeks of excruciating pain, I've pretty much stopped drinking everything but water. Every time I get a cramp or twinge in my abdomen, I dread that it's the beginning another kidney stone.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hey it's Monday and I want to make sure that y'all are staying hydrated.