• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I love how people think 2021 is going to be any better.

m21y413p0z461.jpg

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
2016 was legitimately the best year of my life since I got to study abroad for a semester and do an internship that I really liked.

Hating that year because of Trump and Brexit made sense but the amount of people that I saw hate it because celebrities died was honestly pathetic.

People would just go into threads and post "Fuck 2016" and nothing else. As if the world couldn't get worse than Carrie Fisher dying.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
On a grander scale, it's been rough overall since 2000 in the US.

-Bush/Gore with a contested candidate taking the WH
-9/11
-Two ongoing wars that lost their focus
-The great recession of 2008
-Seeing the rise of the alt-right movement during Obama's term, seeing non stop ridicule from the right wing with no movement forward for the American people
-Rise in school shootings with the Republicans still fighting for gun rights and 2nd Amendment
-Trump winning 2016
-Three years of full on cold war with political division
-Covid
Maybe we can just restart the century? Try for a do-over? I'd be fine with that.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
2016 was a pretty good year for my personal life. It was the year I climbed out of a pretty deep depression and changed my major to something I could actually succeed in. I also got my first job, traveled to EVO, got to live alone for the only time in my life.....it was a nice year. I remember feeling bad about it because it was the year Trump got elected and a lot of celebrities died. I remember on New Year's Eve 2015 I was hanging out with a couple friends thinking "god this year sucked, I need to make next year better" and I did! But I was afraid to say it because of the 2016 was bad memes.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the year Noah's Ark took place where everyone not on the boat got washed away/killed can be considered a bad year for majority of the earth.