• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Via the weekly update emails? The hell happened to that?

Come on Sony, quit being stingy.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Even when they sent them out, it was through the email newsletter that I swear even if you wanted to receive it, it was always a crapshoot if you did.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I never got them cause I didn't have on marketing emails until this year. So I never got one at all lol.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it was pretty nice last year when they sent a bunch of these out. They also did them on that live.playstation site when they would do countdown to launch events for God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man etc.

OP
OP
RedMercury

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Hey stingy Sony
Throw us a bone-y
We just want a coupon
We don't want a pony

Hey stingy Sony
I'm going to bemoan-y
Your lack of deals
It's really baloney

Hey stingy Sony
I thought we were homies
But without the coupons
It feels really phony

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started getting the emails again after years and they stopped giving away codes. Such is my luck in life.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The rogue A.I. system that sent those out only to the people it liked probably decided to move on to more important things.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I still excitedly check all my PlayStation Weekly Updates seeing if it includes a promo code... Been nothing but disappointing.

Deleted member 19739

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was back when Sony was trying to earn back players' trusts and keep them, now they are in arrogant Sony mode lol

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for the stupid-ass weekly letters for those codes and they hardly if ever give them out now. Bastards.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Well, PSN stores in other regions still do coupons frequently. HK store for example, basically every major sale event is accompanied with 10- 15% off coupons. This days of play sale they offered 15% off code on facebook via some mini games.

But yeah, in NA store I think last time I got a code was two years ago and I used it to buy some destiny silver, lol.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason I still open those weekly PlayStation update emails is because of those coupons. Kinda glad the last email didn't have one because I already have a crazy backlog of games.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh, you mean the lottery ticket that they would randomly send out to secret email addresses that somehow didn't correlate at all with whether you were getting the rest of their spam?

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I don't, that was US only

How does it feel to be a rest of the world peasant now

I'm Canadian, I pretty much got it everytime there was a thread about 20% off coupons. There's also 10% off coupons (not as good) if you ever buy an extra console (I got one when I got a slim on black friday for the bedroom).

Shurp

Nov 29, 2017
Remember when Sony was 2nd place in the console wars and had to at least pretend to care about their customers?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have to cut corners if they want to even have a hope of being in the best top 100 brands worldwide.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I am signed up for the weekly newspaper.

Every week I get the updates.

Except on those weeks with the 20% coupons. Never got even one

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I miss them. Even now when I receive an email from them I'm thinking please let this be a 20% off code and I'm always disappointed.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Hey stingy Sony
Throw us a bone-y
We just want a coupon
We don't want a pony

Hey stingy Sony
I'm going to bemoan-y
Your lack of deals
It's really baloney

Hey stingy Sony
I thought we were homies
But without the coupons
It feels really phony

Hey stingy Sony
Your prices always bone me
Why can't I buy an old game
For the price of a box of Rice-a-Roni?

Hey stingy Sony
Answer me, Jabronis!
And what about crossplay?
These Anthem servers gettin lonely

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Partly my fault due to not signing up for related emails, but I never got them.

I assume for those who did receive them, it must be a big feelsbadman moment not seeing one of those hit your inbox for a long time.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This probably isn't the whole reason, but I wonder how much of these coupons were a response to the 20% off games from Best Buy GCU and Amazon Prime. Now that GCU is defunct and Amazon moved to $10 credits on select new games, I guess I'm not surprised Sony has been less forthcoming with these coupons nowadays.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I remember getting a few during those quests where you had to watch a video and shit like that. Put them fuckers to great use! I wish they did more of those this year.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm Canadian, I pretty much got it everytime there was a thread about 20% off coupons. There's also 10% off coupons (not as good) if you ever buy an extra console (I got one when I got a slim on black friday for the bedroom).

Well damn you north americans

I never got a coupon inside a PS4 (besides the free 14 days PS+ which is only for new accounts) and I literally bought 8 of them