• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The content is still available in the US for now. I just bought DriveClub Bikes and a couple of other add-ons that I didn't already have.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Another one of my fave PS4 games bites the dust.

RIP:
Paragon
The Tomorrow Children
Driveclub

giphy.gif

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
My Favourite PS4 game this gen and my favourite racer of all time, still play it every week (even Platinumed the game.)

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got some PSN credit today to buy the 4 DLC packs not included in the season pass only to find out they have already been pulled a day early, I'm a little annoyed to be honest.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to buy DCVR at the last minute, but the dlc packs not included in the season pass / bikes expansion are no longer available. Oh well, money saved.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yeah, Sony pretty much always pull these things early - or they set everything to NZ time.
From PS site:

PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST.

It's 14:15 of 30/08 on BST time... they have no excuses, they are just ass on those things :/

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sony managed this delisting horribly. With Forza, they always give the games with GWG and put them on sale for super cheap (FM6 got delisted and you could get everything for $5). Here you need to spend more than 20 bucks + a spreadsheet to see if you have all the content, shame.

Gonna see if I can get a physical copy later.

KKHN

Mar 7, 2018
I'm speechless.
Very unprofessional move from Sony.
I bought the last DLCs yesterday but I'm sorry for those who could not redeem them today.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
There's a flash sale today on PSN (I'm serious about that). It has all the following DriveClub items on sale:

Sony once again showing they don't care.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
And this is why I did this as soon as possible on tuesday once i saw there was no sale

Yep same here

That's when I bought the season pass and bikes expansion - alongside the four extra expansions not in the season pass

Bought the base game during the summer sale...

Just to confirm , we can delete the game and dlc and redownload it right????

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Thanks Sony, you couldn't even stick to the deadline you'd officially announced, and now I can't get it. Fuck's sake.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese PSN said by the end of Thursday (JST), which seems was the correct date. Always look at the Japanese PSN-dates, that's where the plug is likely pulled for everyone.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Everything seems to still be for sale on the US PS Store for now. If anyone's missing anything, this is the last chance.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Logistical question here: will the bikes expansion add-on work with the physical disc version of the game?

Also - does anyone know what the driveclub bundle for $19.99 includes? Does that include the bikes expansion with it? I don't see any extra details on the store's page.

Edit - going by internet searches the bundle isn't actually a bundle. It's just the game. As for my other question - the bikes add-on should work with the physical copy of the game. Just figured I'd put that there in case anyone else was wondering...

Last edited:

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Is there a specific reason why this game is getting erased from memory is it because the dev has gone under but there are plenty of games still for sale whose devs no longer exists.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
It made no sense to not put the game on a big sale like Microsoft did for Forza 6. Sigh :(

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can still redownload it if I have it? Mostly concerned about my drive club vr purchase

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just searched the UK store out of curiosity. Only result was Driveclub VR. :( And one bike DLC item that probably shouldn't still be there.
Is DLC cross-region on PS4? If so, you may still be able to buy what you need from the US store if you make a second account. At the moment, everything seems to still be available.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. If they bother to put it back up for a day for the Flash Sale I'll grab the base DriveClub so I don't have to depend on a Plus subscription to play it. A shit move regardless, glad I got everything while on sale but woof.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question, but if I bought the DLC I'm wanting (trophy related), I should still be able to access the DLC, correct?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I had bought the season pass a few weeks back but neglected to actually "purchase" the "free" DLC the season pass unlocks.
Got home as fast as I could to grab my content before it's yanked from the store.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Just searched the UK store out of curiosity. Only result was Driveclub VR. :( And one bike DLC item that probably shouldn't still be there.

For a UK-based team's game and today been payday for the majority of us, they really should have let this have the weekend. I'd rather they just gave it away though, it could've been a Plus game this week.

Bad show. Still feel for Rushy and co.

I had bought the season pass a few weeks back but neglected to actually "purchase" the "free" DLC the season pass unlocks.
Got home as fast as I could to grab my content before it's yanked from the store.

worth a look for the DLC using the ingame browser, I doubt it's there if it's gone from the store front, but you never know.

Is the Bikes expansion good?

I think so, completely different feel. I mean, that sounds obvious but it's basically a new game.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why when I go to the PSN store, it acts like I don't own Driveclub, and allows me to add it to my cart for purchase... But Driveclub is entitled on my account, and allows me to download it from my Library as if I own it. For example, it won't let me buy Driveclub Bikes Standalone, because it indicates I already own Driveclub.

Very confusing. I hope I have the right stuff.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why when I go to the PSN store, it acts like I don't own Driveclub, and allows me to add it to my cart for purchase... But Driveclub is entitled on my account, and allows me to download it from my Library as if I own it. For example, it won't let me buy Driveclub Bikes Standalone, because it indicates I already own Driveclub.

If I had to take a wild guess, you probably got the free version of Driveclub that was given to Plus members a few years ago, so you technically would own it but didn't upgrade to the full version.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

Did you upgrade from the free version? If so, that is why.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Did you upgrade from the free version? If so, that is why.

If I had to take a wild guess, you probably got the free version of Driveclub that was given to Plus members a few years ago, so you technically would own it but didn't upgrade to the full version.

I can't remember if I ever upgraded the PS Plus version to the Full version or not. Hell, I'm at work and can't remember if I own the game on disc at home or not. Annoying... I guess I'll just purchase it and then use PSN's new refund option if it turns out I double purchased for no reason.