• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
DriveClub is now De-Listed! Rest In Peace!
  • You will never see DC ever again.
  • *Announcement | No, you will NOT lose your game if you bought it on PSN, it will still be in your download list post-delisting.
  • *If people are having problems buying their content for the Season Pass (even if you bought a long time ago), buy or unlock it from the in-game store (that has worked).
  • Online mode is optional so offline has 85% of the content except for clubs and social accomplishments.
  • Just leaving a reminder for people who want to complete their PS4 Libraries.
  • It's still one of the best arcade racers this Gen with the best value DLC as well with weather effects that still rival everything today.

Driveclub | Base Game

US Link: Driveclub

US Link: Driveclub VR

US Link: Driveclub Bikes

Reasons for Delisting

Car Licensing as per Anarion07 | Post #28.

Clubs Information for Online Only
*Announcement | The fact that the ex-devs have not confirmed anything after the game goes offline puts the status of "Club Cars" in Limbo. We will truly find out after March 2020. Club Cars after being unlocked for now work offline.

Cars not available after server shut down next year:
  • VW Golf - Level 1
  • Bentley Conti GT V8 - Level 3
  • BMW M3 GTS - Level 6
  • BAC Mono - Level 10 (one of the best in the game - and my personal favorite)
  • Pagani Zonda R - Level 15 (also one of the best in the game)
(Note this is Club level, not your personal Driver level)
  • You also lose access to Club Challenges.
  • And of course Online Gaming Versus in general.

DLC Information

15012015800_59e678b7dmoj9g.jpg

• DC has 108-110 items of DLC.
  • Season pass has 85% of these while the rest were given out for free.
  • If you buy the Season Pass, almost everything becomes unlocked

COMPILED INFORMATION FROM WIKIA FANDOM (Source: DriveClub Season Pass)

Season Pass gives you the following items (including livery packs for each with the same name you have to download separately):

DriveClub

• DriveClub Tour
  • Elements
  • Photo-Finish
  • Ignition (free)
  • Redline
  • Sakura
  • Apex
  • Midnight
  • Downforce
  • Pacesetter
  • Lamborghini
  • Evolution
  • Turbocharged
  • Torque
  • Lamborghini Icons
  • Velocity
  • RPM
  • Unite in Speed
  • Horsepower
  • All-Stars (free)
  • AMG (free)
DriveClub Bikes
  • EBR (free)
  • Suzuki
  • No Limits
  • MV Agusta
  • Finish Line
Stuff given for free or has to be bought separately (everything is free here unless specified "early unlock" that you can do by playing the game). DC Bikes is also included:
  • Mercedes-AMG GT S
  • Renault DeZir DRIVECLUB™ Edition
  • Ignition Expansion Pack
  • BMW M5, 2013
  • Mazzanti Evantra
  • Icona Vulcano
  • VUHL 05
  • Peugeot Onyx Concept
  • MotorStorm® Buggy (Wombat Typhoon)
  • Rimac Automobili Concept One
  • Ferrari LaFerrari (for Early Unlock)
  • DS Survolt
  • Peugeot EX1 Concept
  • Ferrari 488 GTB
  • Renault R.S. 01 (for Early Unlock)
  • DC Fame Booster (different prices)
  • All-Stars Livery Pack
  • Erik Buell Racing Livery Pack ($1)
  • KTM 1290 Super Duke R ABS (for Early Unlock)
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3 (for Early Unlock)
  • Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe (for Early Unlock)
  • Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS

Servers Shutdown

Servers will close March 31st, 2020 for you:
  • Completionists
  • Trophy Whores
  • Librarians

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Counterpoint.... Buying a game just because it's getting delisted is foolish. If you haven't bought it by now, seems like you didn't want it in the first place. They're done supporting it, you didn't care for it in the first place, so why would you give them money? FOMO garbage. If you really wanted it all this time then fine, but just be honest with yourself on this one.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
I will never forgive Sony for closing Evolution, they have Motorstorm IP to fall on but noo they had to close them. They should have gave them one last chance with Motorstorm for PS4 :(

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Counterpoint.... Buying a game just because it's getting delisted is foolish. If you haven't bought it by now, seems like you didn't want it in the first place. They're done supporting it, you didn't care for it in the first place, so why would you give them money? FOMO garbage. If you really wanted it all this time then fine, but just be honest with yourself on this one.

You make a fair point. However, there might be people on the fence about it. Some people are also digital collecters, some are achievement hunters and others just want a god damned honest arcade racer. This game gets so much flak for no reason when its really one of the most enjoyable racers this gen.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Playing Forza Horizon right now makes me miss the layout of this game so much. Just fucking racing. I do not like the trend of open world and having to do so much driving before racing.

It's too bad the game looks like ass on a big 4KTV, with all the DLC there was a lot of good content.

Jan 2, 2018
Is DriveClub VR any good? I have the original DriveClub and enjoyed it a ton so I wonder how well the experience is translated over to
VR.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please help me understand what I actually need to buy to get everything? This is so confusing, especially since often with playstation games, even if you get a season pass you still have to download individual items for a number of games.

Do I download every single listed free car or just a car pack? Which car packs aren't in the season pass? Same for the bikes ...thing ...situation.

Kartul7

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I literally just recommended the game to my friend.
But your point is fair - it's like buying a Saab right now.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please help me understand what I actually need to buy to get everything? This is so confusing, especially since often with playstation games, even if you get a season pass you still have to download individual items for a number of games.

Do I download every single listed free car or just a car pack? Which car packs aren't in the season pass? Same for the bikes ...thing ...situation.
The base game, Bikes and the season pass will get you almost everything. There's a few expansions that were released after the season pass but if you start with those three then you'll get like 95% of the content.

There's also Driveclub VR if you have a PSVR.

I still need to buy the post-Season Pass expansions, so thanks for the reminder OP. I wish they'd put them all on sale, it's not like they'll be making any money off them once they de-list the game.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017

I bought everything for the original game + bikes at the time and enjoyed it to bits, but haven't bought the VR bit yet as I don't have VR. Tempted to pick up that before it vanishes.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Driveclub is one of my favourite racers this gen and it has one of the best season passes content wise. Still don't own the VR game though since the reception on release seemed to be quite negative. Might be getting it anyway till august just to see how it is for myself.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The base game, Bikes and the season pass will get you almost everything. There's a few expansions that were released after the season pass but if you start with those three then you'll get like 95% of the content.

There's also Driveclub VR if you have a PSVR.

I still need to buy the post-Season Pass expansions, so thanks for the reminder OP. I wish they'd put them all on sale, it's not like they'll be making any money off them once they de-list the game.

I was kinda interested in sitting down and working at the trophies, but as I understand it some of those require content beyond the season pass. I just want to make sure I get everything and like all the cars and stuff.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
To me Driveclub have the best driving physics of all arcade games, perfect balance between kinda real but not too arcade followed only by Driver San Francisco.
My dream racing game to date is Forza horizon game with Driveclub handling and driving physics.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Why is it being delisted? If it's music, just take out all the tracks.
Because there's a significant online core to the game and the servers are being shut off.

Easy to see why though I keep trying to get done online races in and you just end up queuing for 20 mins to get one other racer who quits when you overtake them at the first corner throwing you back to the lobby.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
But if I buy this game now then it means next year in 2020 then I won't be able to play it anymore as its online only?
Am I right or do I have this thr wrong way.
Between the core content and the gazillion DLCs there's a significant amount of singleplayer/offline content to keep you busy for many, many hours. Definitely get the season pass and all though.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Yes it is, but if you don't have a Pro it's very low resolution.
I don't think DCVR had a pro patch. Its still low resolution when playing with a pro.

Personally I would recommend getting just the base game + season pass. Bikes are 50/50, depending if you can get used to the handling. VR is also a 50/50, graphics take a massive downgrade, and no weather system too, but the gameplay itself is pretty decent.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I was kinda interested in sitting down and working at the trophies, but as I understand it some of those require content beyond the season pass. I just want to make sure I get everything and like all the cars and stuff.
Taking a look at both trophy lists now, there's 7 expansions that aren't in the season pass and have trophies: All Stars, AMG, EBR, Suzuki, No Limits, MV Agusta and Finish Line. There's also a few additional cars and liveries that're separate but they don't have any additional trophies.

Also, something to note is you'll want to get all the Club and challenge trophies done before the servers go down in March 2020. Once you get those, you can take your time finishing the campaign and DLC trophies because they're all offline.

But if I buy this game now then it means next year in 2020 then I won't be able to play it anymore as its online only?
Am I right or do I have this thr wrong way.
No, Driveclub was never online only (offline was the only way to play it for the first few weeks). You'll still be able to play the single player campaign, DLC and arcade mode. You just won't be able to join a club, race online or send/receive challenges to/from friends.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not make the game free on Plus before it's delisted?

I mean it was supposed to be on Plus since launch anyway.