• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
KnAMcjy.jpg

To get your Mega Stones:

Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.

Select Receive Gift.

Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the Internet.

Enter your password.

Watch as you receive the Mega Stones.

Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to pick up your Mega Stones.

Be sure to save your game!

MATSUBUSA - Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Camerupt, Bannette

M2DESCENT - Mewtwo

AZUL - Steelix, Heracross, Pidgeot, Houndoom

INTIMIDATE - Audino, Beedrill, Mawile, Medicham

SABLEVOLANT - Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Manectric, Aggron

POYONG - Gardevoir, Gallade, Lopunny, Diancie

DRACHE - Ampharos, Altaria, Latios, Latias

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still salty these were only distributed via codes to little fanfare, and it's not even all of the stones. I actually didn't even know about POYONG and DRACHE until this thread.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Very odd that they're taking these offline when USUM is coming out like half a month afterwards. Maybe they're all obtainable in-game in USUM?

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Does M2DESCENT expire along with the other Mega Stones? The last I checked on the official Pokemon website, they didn't include this code. I wonder if that one expires later only because I have already gotten them all at this point.

Also, I heard that POYONG is supposed to be Gardevoir's category name? In that case, what does Poyong mean?

Thank you for reading.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! Might be useful if I ever want to finish the game someday. Dropped it after reaching the third island, because the new Pokemons were just not interesting enough and quite weak. The game was also quite boring. At least managed to snatch a Pikachu with the Kalos hat, so I might gonna continue my journey with that little fella.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, thanks for the thread. I'll have to charge my 3DS since it's been way too long since I've used it.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Just did this earlier today, a shame they didn't just have them all unlock in game. This makes me hesitant to ever restart my file.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who had played every title up to Sun and Moon and left for various reasons, this makes me a little apprehensive. Do we think this means megas are a one and done gimmick, and I've potentially missed the boat if I decide to get back in on the Switch title?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks op! Didn't realize this was about to expire. Also, if anyone still has a working Marshadow code I have an extra code for Shiny Silvally. (Idk if Marshadow code is expired)

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who had played every title up to Sun and Moon and left for various reasons, this makes me a little apprehensive. Do we think this means megas are a one and done gimmick, and I've potentially missed the boat if I decide to get back in on the Switch title?

These stones are for Sun and Moon only, they have no connection to any other game as they cannot be traded between them. Assuming they are in the Switch Pokemon game, they will be distributed either in game entirely or in a fresh wave of updates.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Sun and Moon in a long while, never finished it, but I suppose I really should nab these before its too late. Thanks!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, but when did they originally announce that these were to be distributed via codes? It seems like it was a pretty uneventful announcement compared to the other Pokemon events.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
These stones are for Sun and Moon only, they have no connection to any other game as they cannot be traded between them. Assuming they are in the Switch Pokemon game, they will be distributed either in game entirely or in a fresh wave of updates.

Valid point - had not even considered this possibility. Mega evolutions put a fresh spin on some of my favourite Pokemon, and were a hit for the most part for myself. Glad to think :)

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to enter a code, then pick it up at the Pokemon Center before entering the next code or can you enter them all at once and then make a single trip to the Pokemon Center?

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for reminding me! I've been resetting my spare Moon every week to get the Hat Pikachu and the last one is ending just in time so I can still get these Mega Stones. Almost forgot though. Whew.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Kinda sucks that they're discontinuing these codes right before Ultra Sun Moon. But it would make sense if they have a more organic way of obtaining them in the new games.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the reminder, I just got done typing all those damn codes in (I hate how they make you exit the game and come back to it for every code).

I've been wanting to get back into Pokemon, but I honestly might just wait for Ultra Moon/Sun and play through one of those instead of Moon (which I never really got into much).

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the heads up, but when did they originally announce that these were to be distributed via codes? It seems like it was a pretty uneventful announcement compared to the other Pokemon events.

M2DESCENT - March 3rd 2017
INTIMIDATE - April 7th 2017
AZUL - May 12th 2017
MATSUBUSA - June 23rd 2017
SABLEVOLANT - July 21st 2017
POYONG - August 10th 2017
DRACHE - September 8th

They haven't been good about making this a bigger deal. They would usually just have a newpost on the official website and newsletter but that's it.

Will

Oct 26, 2017
I entered my last code this weekend. I hope this is a sign that the stones will be included in the base game in Ultra.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
They better include all the stones in USUM. This whole method was pretty dumb. Even more so considering since you can't store items in the Bank.