• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
...And there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

source: https://sea.ign.com/monster-hunter-...movie-will-have-bloody-big-monsters-says-resi

Monster Hunter Movie Will Have 'Bloody Big Monsters,' Says Resident Evil Director Paul W.S. Anderson

While speaking with Anderson about his upcoming YouTube original sci-fi horror series, Origin, the director shed some light on the Monster Hunter film and what we can expect to see when it hits theaters. "There are some bloody big monsters in it, I can tell you that, Anderson said, adding, "we have some very very big monsters."

Anderson was not at liberty to share all of the details surrounding the ambitious production, but he did inform us that there will be additional casting news coming soon. "We're about to make a big series of announcements about the rest of the cast," Anderson explained. "Milla [Jovovich] is definitely in it. We have a really exciting big cast that's going to join her. I can't say anything [more] about it right now."

Oct 25, 2017
Remind me again, is the plot of the movie about some guy in New York who gets transported to a new world to be the fabled Monster Hunter to guard Earth from a portal that connects his world to the Monster Dimension.

And then at some point Rathalos fucks up New York City?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think if there's a franchise that's going to get a big dumb movie that ignores everything about it, it should probably be this one. Not exactly a story heavy series or one that really lends itself to a straight movie adaptation.

Won't see it because Anderson hasn't made a good movie in years and there's already enough Jovovich fighting ugly CGI creatures movies to choose from if I want to go down that route.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
I can see no scenario where this ends up being great. I have a feeling these monsters are mostly going to be dealt with modern weaponry.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can easily see this becoming one of the worst video game adaptations, even if competition is hard in that category

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You better HOPE this makes a bank, because if it doesn't, Paul Anderson and Capcom will likely do Devil May Cry next.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
alice_dog_fight.gif

Can't wait for Milla Jovovich to kick a monster in the face.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Paul WS Anderson is Uwe Boll with a better agent.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You better HOPE this makes a bank, because if it doesn't, Paul Anderson and Capcom will likely do Devil May Cry next.

Honestly, if there is something that actually fits his sensibilities in Capcom's properties, it's probably that anyway. This is a guy that had someone using a motorcyle to uppercut a monster into the sky. He's already halfway there.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
First was Resident Evil
Now its Monster Hunter

I have nothing against video game movie adaptations, but at least stick with the source material...

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
How the fuck do these scripts get approved?

Like, who is this for? Because MH fans won't be happy with the bullshit modern real world stuff that will likely involve GUNS, and it just comes off as cheesy to everyone else.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, Afterlife actually stole the Wesker fight scene in RE5.
RE6 is the only game that felt like a loose adaptation of Paul Anderson's movies.

The entire "kicking zombie dogs in the face" aesthetic of his movies translated into the suplexing, laser-dodging Leon that defined RE4.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The entire "kicking zombie dogs in the face" aesthetic of his movies translated into the suplexing, laser-dodging Leon that defined RE4.

I'll give you that one, but yeah, those are about it. RE5 and RE4 really don't go out of their way to copycat the movies to the point where they'd be considered the source material.

OP
OP
Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Actual synopsis is out: US military soldiers gets transported to the world of Monster Hunter, meets a Monster Hunter, teams up to stop the evil monsters from invading Earth.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will keep en eye on. Its MH! even if the plot sounds a little...um..out there, will be interested to see what they do. How many nods to classic MH will they put in there?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Actual synopsis is out: US military soldiers gets transported to the world of Monster Hunter, meets a Monster Hunter, teams up to stop the evil monsters from invading Earth.

Remind me again, is the plot of the movie about some guy in New York who gets transported to a new world to be the fabled Monster Hunter to guard Earth from a portal that connects his world to the Monster Dimension.

And then at some point Rathalos fucks up New York City?
Lmao it's really the synopsis !

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thd residebt evil movies have some kind of cult flair to them i dont think this will work with monster hunter lol.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thd residebt evil movies have some kind of cult flair to them i dont think this will work with monster hunter lol.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
It's actually UN soldiers.

A United Nations military team falls into a portal to an alternate dimension, where humans fight off giant monsters. The two groups work together to defend the portal to prevent monsters from entering the portal and invading Earth.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I now want Capcom to make a shooter based on this movie where you fight all the monsters from the MH world