Reminder: The Beavis & Butthead revival was pitch perfect humor and got great ratings, and MTV cancelled it for Teen Mom

Nov 23, 2017
Got paid to watch this at a mall one time and fill out a survey. I thought it was good, but the revival aired and was canceled so fast I missed it being on in the first place, lol.

OP
OP
Krejlooc

Krejlooc

Indie Game Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The episode where they realize they can take a bathroom break indefinitely made me laugh so fucking hard

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Teen Mom was cheaper to make I assume. Plus, they were making "stars" from it. The ironic thing was Jersey Shore was ending so instead of doing the smart thing, they did the dumb thing. Remember when they brought back music videos for a year and then they just went back on it?

Yeah the world sucks.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the only revival I can think of that came back at peak quality.

Hope the second revival/movie talk comes to fruition. I know it's still Mike Judge's favorite project.

Jooxed

Apr 9, 2018
Haha i remember an episode where they accidentally drill their hand or something I wish i can find the clip. I was dying

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
It was so good. Arguably of higher quality than the initial run, and I can’t think of many times where that has happened. What a shame.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
The whole thing was magic but honestly if they could even just bring back the bits where they mock music videos and MTV programming... I watched all those stupid MTV shows and it just made me laugh harder. My husband and I still quote this bit to this day.

Unfortunately the best part isn't in this clip, but it's the only one I could find. "Are you alone? ...do you have your feet?"

It was such a great revival series from start to finish (the rat episode has some of the best physical comedy out there, let alone for the series) and I was crushed to read about MTV's reasons for cancelling it. Mike Judge and company deserved so much better.

OP
OP
Krejlooc

Krejlooc

Indie Game Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Can't find the other video, but the line:

"You know those asswipes The Beatles? They ruined music."

Always makes me laugh so hard

Replicant

Oct 25, 2017
MN
I'm shocked the show hasn't been revived on Netflix. It would be the perfect platform.
I think Mike Judge at this point would rather be done with them.

B&B was awesome for it’s time, however I’m not sure if works anymore. The best part of B&B was the music video stuff anyway. And that shit is locked up forever.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I was literally confused at the title.

I didnt realize there was a TV show named "Teen Mom" , thought the title was saying a TV show cancelled due to A teen mom.....

DrewFu

Apr 19, 2018
I think Mike Judge at this point would rather be done with them.

B&B was awesome for it’s time, however I’m not sure if works anymore. The best part of B&B was the music video stuff anyway. And that shit is locked up forever.
Speaking of this, what ever happened to the King of the Hill and Daria reboots?